Woman pregnant at 63

Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
NightShade
NightShade | 04-05-2006 11:56
Article

Good for her.. but it wasn't exactly natural (IVF). If the woman's lucky, she'll live till she's 80, and her child will be 17. Is that really fair on the child? I'm all for advances in science, but this is absolutely ridiculous. It seems like a case of people doing something just because they can.
1 do 25 z 44 reakce
strana 1 z 2
random_guy
random_guy | 04-05-2006 11:59
I wouldn't do it. People try to play God too much with some things.
beetroot
beetroot | 04-05-2006 12:04
I wouldnt like to have a mother that's 63 years older than me. Can a mother that old properly take care of a baby and then later on, look after a teenager when she's in her 70's/80's?

I just hope that the child will be properly cared for.
poisonbrain
poisonbrain | 04-05-2006 12:06
Hm. I wouldn't do it, but it's kind of amaxing that it actually is doable. Huh.
NightShade
NightShade | 04-05-2006 12:07
Yeah, I'll agree with that, it is amazing. Some things though, just shouldn't be messed with. "Experimenting" with someone's life is sick.
babyblue2067
babyblue2067 | 04-05-2006 12:14
congrats to the mum but I wouldn't like to have a mum who's that old. it'd be like being raised by your gran, not that that's bad or anything, but i think every kid would like a mum who's closer to their age, someone who can relate to and understand them
_MusiCC
_MusiCC | 04-05-2006 12:56
Don't think it was a googd descision. If I was her and still wanted a kid so desperately, I'd adopt. I mean, who knows what could go wrong? The kid could be very disabled. But on the other side, if the kid comes to the world healthy and the mother is able to take care of it, then what's there left to say for us? The kid doesn't know any better than having a very old mother, so she/he won't 'miss' having a younger one. You could say, well yeah, she could die at 80, well people die at 30, 40.. You just don't know. The mother could live for 40-50 more years.

But still.. there's a little selfish side on it.. because you don't know whether the kid is going to be healthy or not.
soojeysoosh
soojeysoosh | 04-05-2006 13:50
I don't think it was a good decision either. It was selfish of the couple. In all the cases like this one, I feel sorry for the child. I think the mother is too old. Yes, people do die at 20 or 30, but the chance of dying at 80 for natural old-age causes is probably higher than dying at 30. I think the kid won't even have enough time to get to know the parents or spend time with them.

About the kid being disabled, I don't know much but I don't think it'd be such a problem. I mean he could be disabled but they're probably monitoring the baby all the time and it's not a real natural pregnancy anyway; if anything bad showed up before the birth, the doctors would probably do something about it. I mean the mom is going to a special clinic for this after all.
Pandora
Pandora | 04-05-2006 13:55
yea so thats bullshite.

there's a reason old hags can't have children.. its stupid for her to go off and get that done.

sure 'young womens egg' have a higher success rate.. but it's not a younger womans body that the thing is living in and feeding off of... no telling what the babe is going to come out looking like.

I don't agree with people playing maker.. it's selfish.. it is.

rockon
tabitha
queenfrostine07
queenfrostine07 | 04-05-2006 14:46
i dont think that that's right at all. people ahould be grandparents at that age. my mom had me at 39, and i think that was even to old. its sucks when everyone assumes that your mother is your grandmother. not to mention that cant be healthy for her or the baby. plus, 63 is pretty up there....isnt the life expectancy around 73-ish? wow, so a kid gets ten years with their mom, how is that fair to them?
grounded_angel
grounded_angel | 04-05-2006 14:58
wow poor kid. he will think he was raised by his granny.
_MusiCC
_MusiCC | 04-05-2006 15:00
^^ he doesn't know this.... It's his mum, whether she's 40 or 70...
I'm not defending it, because I think it's a stupid thing to do, but the granny-thing is bullshit..
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 04-05-2006 15:12
About the kid being disabled, I don't know much but I don't think it'd be such a problem. I mean he could be disabled but they're probably monitoring the baby all the time and it's not a real natural pregnancy anyway; if anything bad showed up before the birth, the doctors would probably do something about it. I mean the mom is going to a special clinic for this after all.

Um, past the age of 40, the rate of birth defects increases greatly, and once the child has a birth defect there isn't much you can do about it until after birth. Although there are some preventative measure (i.e. vitamin B intake, etc.), the majority of these only slightly reduce the risk. If she wanted a kid so bad she should have just adopted one.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 04-05-2006 15:13
thats harsh on the kid, seen as his mum might die when he's like 20..
NightShade
NightShade | 04-05-2006 15:47
And if anyone's interested, here's an article defending her, sort of.
rockero
rockero | 04-05-2006 15:49
how would she give milk to his baby??

nasty idea

rockero
rockero | 04-05-2006 15:49
nasty tits
DirtyBlueAngel
DirtyBlueAngel | 04-05-2006 15:57
* offtopic :
Nice sensitive comment there ^^

All I gotta say is that poor child is going to suffer hell from people around him... including classmates and even work mates later on in life. That child will always be known as the 'one with the granny mum'.
IsThisMyFate
IsThisMyFate | 04-05-2006 20:53
money in the bank
cairowinters
cairowinters | 04-05-2006 23:03
Yeah I pretty much agree with everyone here. It's not fair on the kid at all. The women must have been totally blinded by her wish to have a child to not realize what a silly idea it is. Because she's so old she's not going to be able to do everything with this kid that most kids get - things like just playing catch in the backyard.

Stupid doctors - doctors are supposed to do what's best for people. This one was blinded by all the attention he/she will get for being responsible for a successful birth at such an old age.
DiD_4_jC
DiD_4_jC | 04-05-2006 23:25
I agree too. Poor kid. And the image of how it's going to drink milk Anyway it's not fair for the kid.
NightShade
NightShade | 04-05-2006 23:38
It's not so much the fact that the child will get bullied, cos kids will be kids, and if they're going to bully someone they'll bully them over anything.

It's more the fact of how is this old woman going to care for a young baby? and then a young child? and then a young adult?
roquegaL
roquegaL | 05-05-2006 02:02
and how about the granny who carried a baby for her daughter who wasnt able to. it was in the news a year ago more or less.

but 63 with a baby? thats tough. why dont they just adopt? even having a kid at a much younger age can drain u out physically and mentally, how about at 63? not counting the perceptions of the society, people around them. its absurd. oh my at 63 the last thing i want to do is having a baby.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 05-05-2006 06:48
It's a bit selfish in my opinion.

The egg wouldn't be hers though if she is carrying a child, because she would've had the menopause and if she used one of her eggs if any left the baby would have downs syndrome, and i don't think she'd be that heartless to take a risk like that.

as she's 63 her body will take a lot of strain.

and i dunno if i was you i'd feel pretty embaressed having a mother in her 63s... never knowing my grandparents, as they'd be most likely dead.
NightShade
NightShade | 05-05-2006 17:15
and i dunno if i was you i'd feel pretty embaressed having a mother in her 63s... never knowing my grandparents, as they'd be most likely dead

Well I never knew my grandparents either.. my parents fell out with one set, and the other set died. Whether or not the kid's gonna know their grandparents or not isn't really the worry. And I'm sure the kid will love her mother no matter what.
slim_gary
slim_gary | 05-05-2006 17:31
ah so what if she's older than is normally "acceptable" - I understand the argument that its selfish and that she won't be able to look fter the kid properly.. but what do any of you lot know? are you 63? she wouldn't have wanted a kid if she knew that she couldn't look after it.. a 20 year old mother could be hit by a bus tomorrow and the child taken into care.. age isn't necessarily everything.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: