cs

Frontpage layout

Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 27-11-2005 18:24
Hey guys, I'm working on a new layout for the entire site. Right now, I'm working on the frontpage. I was wondering what you guys would like to see on the new frontpage. It can be anything. To give you some idea's:

- same as it is now, LSI in a nutshell primarily meant for new visitors.
- letssingit top 5 and/or poll which are now on the right frame and will not be there anymore in the new layout. The poll will get an own section by the way next to HOME, ARCHIVE, FORUM, etc.).
- top 10 active/new topics
- LSI news
- last 10 chatroom lines
- top 10 most popular member pages
- top 10 last logged on/registered members

So you see, it can be anything. So what do you think is usefull to put on the frontpage?

Thanks

76 do 99 z 99 reakce
strana 4 z 4
Jay_The_Viking
Jay_The_Viking | 27-11-2005 20:25
I think instead of working on the front page, we should work on things like the artists and lyrics currently in (and not in) the archive...after all, it is a music site.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 27-11-2005 20:26
personally i dont like the comments from members thing, wud just be a bit tacky
Maycen
Maycen | 27-11-2005 20:28
Oh oh, I agree. It's a real pain to have so send a message every time you want to add an artist. Ok, that was offtopic, but I still think it was good someone mentioned it.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 27-11-2005 20:29
....Or we could make the LSI frontpage a shrine to Chuck Norris.
lindasugar
lindasugar | 27-11-2005 20:32
Who IS Chuck Norris ?
faithx
faithx | 27-11-2005 20:32
* offtopic :
took the word out my mouth
stupot
stupot | 27-11-2005 20:36
i like the chuck norris idea
Chobbits
Chobbits | 27-11-2005 21:06
Im sick of Chuck Norris already...
Pippin247
Pippin247 | 27-11-2005 21:16
i like the poll on the front page..so that way when you come, you can just click and not have to go searching for it.

i think the search for the chat room should be put in an easier spot to find, so topics aren't repeated as often...
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 29-11-2005 09:19
Ok, a thing I think would be cool...would be a little smiley or something next to the Chat button, that when the mouse is over it, displays who is in chat. Look at gametz.com for an example of what I mean. I jsut think it'd be cool, so I wouldn't have to enter chat to see who is in there.
HannahC
HannahC | 29-11-2005 09:32
Make rthe letssingit.com thing at the top a funky style of writing, and also make the back ground all diffent colours please make some of it pink that would look so great!

Dont make to many changes so that we find it difficuilt to use lsi lol!
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 29-11-2005 10:22
no, it must stay yellow
DannyB
DannyB | 30-11-2005 09:22
Chuck Norris \m/
biancaissocool
biancaissocool | 30-11-2005 09:58
Mm, I agree, there should be something that shows which members are in the chat so that you can see who's in there without actually having to enter. That'd be cool.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 14-12-2005 21:06
How's it goin' Ray? new layout being made?
anarchy666
anarchy666 | 01-01-2006 07:49
ok i just came across this by God-knows-what accident.

WHY WOULD YOU EVER CHANGE IT?

logo idea is cool.

but u cant change the color or remove the right hand pan! i swear by that pan. i lay my life on the line for it. i come to lsi because that pan is there and it makes my life and access to the website so much easier!

JUST VOICING MY "LATE" OPINION!
Schatzi
Schatzi | 01-01-2006 07:54
If I remember correctly he never said anything about changing the colours. Just the way the site is laid out hence layout muahahhaaha. Okay. I'm shutting up.
413spideyoutfit
413spideyoutfit | 01-01-2006 08:53
yeah should put something interesting on the new layout like what firewaterbomb said. and personally i think you mighty Ray shouldn't move away the letssingit top 5 n daily poll to somewhere else cuz they are just in the right place.
well yeah, we got LSI news section at moment right? but it seems never worked, never get updated. well in the new lsi news section, i suggest you put some REAL news into it like new songs out, or new albums sorta... mayb put billboard onto the lsi site.
by the way,ray, is it possible to stick some pictures into the site. like albums' layout, artists' portrait...etc...
n at last, get rid of all these annoying adds, they r getting on my nerves.
thanks n all hail, Ray!!!
Barakine
Barakine | 01-01-2006 09:02
But I want the frame on the right to stay... It looks so neat when it's here.
413spideyoutfit
413spideyoutfit | 01-01-2006 09:04
enjoy_incubus
enjoy_incubus | 01-01-2006 10:07
I'm open to anything new, but I'm still on dial-up, so I like how the site is fairly fast. Pleeease don't make it so high-techy that it will take forever for pages to load for other dial-uppers.
XxNirvanaxX
XxNirvanaxX | 01-01-2006 10:41
^ I hear you on that. Some people have dialup (like me) and the site is slow for me as it is, so any more things to load would be awful. I think the LSI people would rather have a fast site than a flashy high-tech site. I think the site is fine how it is visually, but for us dial-up users, a faster site would be nice if at all possible. I've noticed the front page especially takes forever to load for some reason and sometimes when posting a message it's so slow that I have to open a new window and hope I can post my message there. That might just be my slow computer though, and no fault to the site.

As for the layout, I like everything how it is personally. I like how everything is organized on a drop-down style as far as 'my letssingit' and searching for lyrics. I like the poll and I think it should stay where it is rather than on the front page or something. I like to see it right where it is. Keep in mind some of us just go straight to the forum or look for lyrics and don't even bother with the front page. I barely even remember what it looks like sometimes.
anarchy666
anarchy666 | 01-01-2006 20:38
yes please consider us; the dial-up ppl. i love this site coz it loads up fairly fast.

DOnt Change too much.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 13-02-2006 19:23
Can we please have a new layout, I'm just, blah, sick of the yellow, and it's been the same for years.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: