LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

do u want to see turkey in the eu?

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
stingray4000
stingray4000 | 27-12-2004 13:01
Nowadays,there are many discussions about Turkey entering the EU.As i am a Turk,i can say that there are many cultural differences between Europe and Turkey.I consider the anti-Turkey protests normal.Europeans will know that there are many Turks that work in Europe and still they cannot be integrated well to the society because of the cultural differences.How do you think Europe will integrate 70 million muslim people to the European culture?I know that'll be very hard.What do you think?
1 to 25 of 40 comments
page 1 of 2
Pugseli
Pugseli | 22-04-2005 15:23
TURKEY IN EU! TURKEY IN EU!
I don't see why Turkey shouldn't be in the EU!
iceandsnow
iceandsnow | 22-04-2005 15:45
I dont see why not, theyre already taking over Germany aka The Second Turkey.
iceandsnow
iceandsnow | 22-04-2005 15:46
No that was mean. I do think Turkey should become part of the eu, I think it would definetly help their economy.
jamesey
jamesey | 22-04-2005 15:53
mmmmm.....turkey
CoreysCrusade
CoreysCrusade | 22-04-2005 16:02
If Turkey are stupid enough to go into the EU, that's their problem.

.....and they wonder why more people are immigrating to other countries!
CoreysCrusade
CoreysCrusade | 22-04-2005 16:05
That's a great idea. Let's bring our economy down low with them! [/sarcasm]

I'm just thankful we haven't got the Euro in the UK.
italianguy
italianguy | 22-04-2005 19:22
Here's why Turkey should be allowed to enter the EU:
Some say Turkey should not be admitted because it is not an European country, because it has a different culture, because "they are unlike us" (Valery Giscard d'Estaing, former president of France). It is true that 95% of Turkey is in Asia, and that the majority of the population is muslim. Yet this argument cannot stand: Cyprus, which in every atlas is considered an Asian country, was accepted, Turkey is already a member of the European council, and customs in Turkey arent that much different from those of the countries in the EU (soccer is a very popular sport, and turkish teams actually compete in Uefa tournaments; the food is very similar to greek food). Moreover, Turkey helped shape Europe as we know it today: Constantinople/Byzantium/Istanbul played a capital role in European history.
Some say Turkey should not be admitted because it doesnt respect human rights and basic freedoms. Again, that isnt true. Turkey has been a laic democratic country since 1923, women have the right to vote since 1934 (way earlier than in France, Italy, Spain or Germany), the death penalty has been recently abolished, and efforts have been made to ameliorate the relations with the Kurds, who claim their independence.
Some say Turkey is too poor: it has struggled economically, especially in the past 3 years, yet the average worker receives about the same amount of money as his Polish, Lithuanian, Slovak, Estonian or Latvian counterparts (all these countries are members of the EU), and three times more money as his Romanian and Bulgar counterparts (both these countries are scheduled to become members in 2007).
Moreover, Turkey has a lot to offer: it has a non-negligeable influence over Tukish-speaking with Central Asia countries (i.e Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Tadjikistan, Uzbekistan, and Kirghizistan) which possess great unexploited oil reserves, and could supply the EU with black gold through Turkey. Alienating Turkey would mean alienating these countries, and possibly aggravate the anti-occidental sentiment which brews in the minds of many of their inhabitants. Accepting Turkey would also bring a bit of stability to the Middle East and ameliorate the relations between arab countries and the EU, while a refusal of the Turkish demand for membership would enrage muslims in those countries and make it harder for the EU to buy oil from them, therefore giving the growing Chinese economy an advantage (because the oil-producing countries would turn to them).
buttercup89
buttercup89 | 22-04-2005 19:30
* offtopic :
I thought it said "do you want to see a turkey in the eu?"
Im_Nucking_Futs
Im_Nucking_Futs | 22-04-2005 19:34
Italianguy, what you say is true, but the most of the people here in Belgium (not me) don't want Turkey to become part of the EU because they're either racists or they just think al the Turks are going to leave their country and immigrate in ours or the other EU countries, that's what they're afraid of...
And you know why the most of the Belgian people don't like them? because of themselves... you see, the Turkish guys (not all of them) walk around the streets looking for fights and, in some kind of way, destroying the public places such as metro stations, busses, phone boots....
And that makes the people think you know, they think that if they make part of the EU, a lot of people, like those guys we see on the streets everyday, are gonna come here...

I'm not against Turkey joining the EU, but I don't really care if they make part of it or not
italianguy
italianguy | 22-04-2005 21:35
Yea ur right, it's a shame that xenophobia is so widespread everywhere in Europe: the same stereotypes exist in Italy, except that instead of the Turks people target the Albanians. Many people think that immigrants come and take natives' jobs and create unemployment, when in fact immigrants are essential to do the dirty work and actually spur economic growth. There should be an effort to show people that their primitive views are wrong and unfair to the immigrants. We can only hope our politicians will address these problems (as if).
tiranss
tiranss | 27-06-2005 09:47
first i want to reply italianguy. because first he said ''95% of Turkey is in Asia'' ok it is certainly right! but pls someone explain to me ''WHY SOUTH CYPRUS IS IN EU NOW ???!'' i dont know if my geography is poor but everybody know that south cyprus isnt an european country !! isnt it? but now south cyprus is in EU. on the other hand they dont want to bring any solutions about north cyprus about all cyprus. so all world saw that they refused the ANNAN PLAN on the island. but we accepted the plan then EU rewarded south cyprus to accepted EU. pls think in a independent person! it is injustice ... isnt it?? at 1970's E.O.K.A militans killed Turks everyminutes on the island then Turk Soldiers had to go to island! if we didnt go there. there is any turks live now there. at those years all rum soldiers killed all babies,children,women,innocent civil Turk people!! moreover, they killed not-borned babies in the mothers uterus!!!we have got a many photos about what i explain!
yes, maybe it is right, maybe we are poor but we are developing now bec. 3 years ago national income in here just about 2000 dollars but now 4250 dollars and all IMF authorized see that we are developing day by day. anyway if we dont have a terror problem at east of Turkey now. we were the most richest country on the world.it is certain! i think now moldova,bosnia maybe romania and bulgaria a little poor like us but i cant understand the world load onto ourself only! why? bec. we are Turks and the world has got a prejudice about us.ok too many things i can write but its enough.
and i want to reply ''Im Nucking Futs'' he said us we afraid, bec after EU joinig all Turks leave their country and come to the Belgium.as if too many Turks live in Belgium now.and pls be reality.bec. all europeans dont want to see Turkey in EU. its ridiculous. its just seek a pretext! tell us we dont want to Turks in EU. we dont want to see a muslim country in EU. u are not ''European Union''. u are ''Christian Union''!!
i said before in Turkey 65 million Turks and about 10 million kurds live here. so maybe ''Im Nucking Futs'' see kurds when destroying some things in streets bec. many kurds live in EU now. as if we dont have a kurd problem. now we were get stronger more than today.pls everyone see we dont like kurds and we dont want to that.when europeans come here dont go to east of turkey. all of kurds live east of turkey. and we have a problem like Belgium. kurds destroy some places here.i dont know pls turks and kurds completely different subjects.TURKS are european but kurds are asian.
and i want to say dont accept us to the EU. bec. i dont want to see kurds in European countries. enjoy and live safely in ur countries.
mahmut
mahmut | 18-07-2005 21:11
ý know that turkey is a developing country ý am a turk.but ý know that turkey has got a lot of alternatives.someone thinks about the turkish guys that thay are bad but how they know this? ýf you want to learn about turkey and turkish people,ask this to me-toa turk-ok? this way is the best way for this. please
andro
andro | 18-07-2005 21:18
Turkey is already a part of the European Broadcasting Commission, and part of it is counted as being on the European side of the Eurasian supercontinent. I don't see why the country shouldn't be allowed to join the EU
mrtcnr
mrtcnr | 18-07-2005 21:49
I'm a Turk and I proud of my roots. Why are you afraiding our 70 million population?We wont invade Europe if we had wanted it Ottoman Empire could do it in 1500s.We had lot of ground in europe those times and we even didnt' try to change christian people's religions.We tried to keep their culture at there.So what a tolerant shown by the biggest empire ever in the world !!! You are afraid because you think we will squash your culture.That shows the lack of your culture.
I also agree to get away from Kurd people and dont compare them with Turks.Kurds are dangerous.Never trust them.They can stab you from back.
reigns
reigns | 18-07-2005 21:51
mmmm turkey sandwich's ...

Nancy_89
Nancy_89 | 19-07-2005 10:20
noo
alexalexalex
alexalexalex | 19-07-2005 10:25
i dont really care... they r part of the world anywayz
alexalexalex
alexalexalex | 19-07-2005 10:30
i just read someone had said they thank god they dont have the euro in the uk... whats wrong with the euro?
tiranss
tiranss | 19-07-2005 11:51
agrees with mert

bec.

kurds are dangerous, not Turkss.

to many Turks hate Kurds, bec . they dont want to develop!! They want only terror.

there's different things
PrincessIrish
PrincessIrish | 19-07-2005 11:53
I think it'd be good to see Turkey in the EU, but it won't happen for a long while yet, they have to satisfy several checks first, such as violence problems
ZamboTheFirst
ZamboTheFirst | 23-07-2005 17:12
I think the only solution to the kurd problem is to give them a homeland, autonomy or even independence. Turks are a highly civilized culture, in my opinion, more "civilized" than many central european cultures. I dont think Europeans are necessarily afrain of turks as much as becoming minorities in their own countries if the standards of living in turkey arent level with the rest of the union. Its a logical phenomenon. East Europeans came in droves, until their economies get better, its natural to emmigrate to where there is better work. Who wouldnt like to work in Switzerland. I would! but it has to be a balance. Or else all the economies will stagnate. ...
ZamboTheFirst
ZamboTheFirst | 23-07-2005 17:16
Here in the U.S. our very economy depends on mexican immigrants. We chastise and descriminate them, but without them we wouldnt be as prosperous. However if there are too many comming, the economy will suffer, so it must be a balance. and to let you know how important immigrants are to our countries....We all know that many if not most come illegally. YET, we still allow more to come legally. If we didnt need immigrants, we would close all doors, but we dont!
ZamboTheFirst
ZamboTheFirst | 23-07-2005 17:32
and Turkey should stop hating kurds, ok, there have been terrorist activity...but to speak of kurds like they are a horrible race of animals is very..."Un-Civilized" to me. you say Kurds are Asian and Turks are european...hmmmm....not very convincing. No one is going to like Turkey more if they hate Kurds. In fact one of the major concerns is human rights violation by the turkish police AGAINST the kurds. Its the turkish racism that makes turkey look bad. What do they want anyway? a Kurdish state? well, give them a small region where they can have autonomy....like Catalunya in Spain or something.
Monkey_Man2005
Monkey_Man2005 | 23-07-2005 18:06
dont bother me as long as england pulls out
tiranss
tiranss | 25-07-2005 15:43
zambothefirst

now, if we give some region at east of turkey, at future they will want more more more regions from us.

POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: