sirduke
sirduke | 24-10-2004 12:24
last concert u went to......?

mine was Jamie Cullum.... it was amazing
201 to 210 of 210 comments
page 9 of 9
CarlJ
CarlJ | 02-10-2015 21:45
Train in July. and forgot that Matt Nathanson and The Fray were the opening acts....sheesh
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-03-2016 22:03
Just saw Echosmith perform at a local festival, they were great I went in only having heard two songs from them - I mostly wanted to be surprised and see if they put on a good show, and they certainly went above my expectations.

I might buy their debut album on Amazon. Hopefully they'll put out more music soon.
Musicwizard211
Musicwizard211 | 16-03-2016 22:18
I saw the Fab Four last month! I took my mom for her birthday since she loves The Beatles. It was awesome!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 29-05-2016 14:40
Joe Walsh and Bad Company. They put on a pretty good show, but Joe Walsh's vocals weren't all that great IMO (he sounded rather strained on a lot of the songs). Still, I was honored to see someone who's collaborated with both Jay Ferguson and Jeff Lynne (two of my favorite musicians). The show was filled with his usual humor and sarcasm that's present in his music.

Bad Company was alright too, though I've never been the biggest fan of them. The highlight for me was when they did a cover of The Beatles' "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" - that threw me off guard quite a bit. It was actually their live debut of the song though, which is neat.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-03-2017 03:32
Just saw Elle King live - great show. She just dropped a new single a few days ago and she said during the concert she's working on a second album, so I'm looking forward to it!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 12-03-2017 16:40
Nice, what other songs do you like from her besides "Ex's and Oh's"?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-03-2017 17:02
Some of my other favorites from her are probably "Under the Influence", "Good Girls" (from the 2016 Ghostbusters soundtrack) and "Last Damn Night", at least so far. I still have about half of her debut album to listen to Unfortunately, she didn't do the latter two when I saw her live, but I can't really complain too much, haha.

Also, her new single "Wild Love" is fantastic, that might rank among my favorites from her too, though it's quite different in sound (some people are comparing it to Sia).
alanisgirl2018
alanisgirl2018 | 09-03-2018 21:04
Carrie Underwood at the Ford Center in Evansville.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-04-2018 21:35
I doubt anyone's heard of the group, but I just saw Halo Circus at a small bar downtown. The lead singer is Allison Iraheta, who was the fourth place finalist in the 8th season of American Idol. I actually didn't entirely intend to see them at first because I was more interested in their opening act, Ruby Rose Fox, but as it turns out there was an error in the system and she wasn't opening for this show (rather, she opened for the band the last time they were at this venue, so it was likely an accidental carryover). The opening act was the main reason I wanted to go as I hadn't heard of Halo Circus beforehand, so it was kind of a letdown. I did binge the band's debut album a couple weeks before the concert, though, so I knew a good portion of their songs.

But all that said, I was far from disappointed! Not only did they put on a good show (2 sets worth) but since VIP tickets were dirt cheap ($20) I got to experience my first meet and greet and it went fantastic. The whole venue was so lowkey and intimate since it was pretty tiny. After talking to Allison for a bit, I got a selfie with her as well as a Polaroid with her and the only other current member of the band. Also, after the concert, I went to the merch booth and bought their newest album, which they signed for no extra cost! Quite a fun night
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-08-2018 17:36
This past week I got the amazing opportunity to travel to Oakland, California to see Electric Light Orchestra live! Being one of my favorite bands of all-time for the past 5 years, I'd make the case that this could be my favorite concert I've ever been to. Though the frontman Jeff Lynne was the only original member performing, he had the most incredible backing band, and it was amazing to just see him in the flesh since he has always been the main force behind the group. In fact, this was only the second concert I actually shed tears at...it was truly an experience. I should also note that this is Jeff's first tour as ELO in 37 years, and could very well be the last one he does in the US.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: