Search
SomeCallMeMaxx
SomeCallMeMaxx | 21-10-2004 21:05
just curious.
151 to 171 of 171 comments
page 7 of 7
Lights_Shadow
Lights_Shadow | 01-05-2007 21:51
I do not think it can be explained in words really. I just do.
minastirith
minastirith | 02-05-2007 01:41
It's amazing coming back on this thread nearly three years after first posting on this (see the first page). It amazes me that those comments came from my keyboard, that I was so crass and blind.

I'm still a cynic, it's human nature to be cynical. But I've also learned to accept that there are some things in life which can't be explained by the words of man. The Bible explained so much to me after my mum died but at the end, it was just the work of man. My mother and father were Catholics (very poor ones, although maybe that was just in appearance - they never forced their faith on us). I found it amazing and ironic that my mum died the same weekend as John Paul II, the greatest man who ever lived (after Christ himself).

So I went to Church, and my eyes were opened. There is no death, there is only a new beginning - my mother's up there smiling down (well, more like horrified, but that's an entirely different story ) on my siblings and I, because we'll meet her again when our corporeal existences come to an end. But I still found it hard to understand why God would send down his own son to be betrayed by Judas and the Jews. Maybe it was to tell us something - just like man's inhumanity to his fellow man, Judas would hang himself with his own rope, after his betrayal. Was it all planned?

It was, because Jesus died on the cross so that we might live with hope, so that we might become better for it. Jesus took God's wrath upon himself so that we would be able to live in freedom.

Maybe that's a lame story, but that's faith.

Faith is knowing nothing about something, but believing in it absolutely. To know faith is to know that there is something far more important out there than yourself. I'm a Catholic now (like my parents, a very bad one !), and I believe that one day I will be with my mum.

Because I have faith - I may not know any of the answers, and I may not be able to explain anything that's in the Bible, but I believe.
LudMan
LudMan | 03-05-2007 07:26
A thousand and one reasons,but, more specifically, because my recognition
and worship of him has had a great influence on/in my life.
Also, very simply - because I've witnessed, and,been directly involved in; yes, Miracles!
LudMan
LudMan | 03-05-2007 07:40
... but, you know what? It doesn't really matter what you BELIEVE, whether IN God or not. What does matter is You Must Be Born Again, which was the
title of my post two days before Easter,but,was turned("paganly") into a ridiculous chocolate promotion, with the help of an LSI "moderator"
Dagor
Dagor | 03-05-2007 10:24
Woot!! Miracles!!

Turning stones into chocolate!
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 03-05-2007 12:46
lol daniel

Because some thing are just unexplainable

and i've had things happen in my life that couldn't have happened had there not been someone greater.

ya. . . not getting into detail on that
minastirith
minastirith | 03-05-2007 15:19
* offtopic :
Ludman, you the only miracle you might achieve or be a part of would be making sure Liverpool fans are able to go to Athens to watch the Champions League final, if you tell everyone you'll be there only the diehard fans will turn up to watch the game.

Seriously, this is just a forum, why do you have to turn every post in a sodding preaching session. If you want miracles, go and help out at a clinic or a hospital - your divine gifts are wasted on this forum, we are not worthy of thy wondrous company.
JDolla
JDolla | 09-08-2007 20:59
i should have died in march of 06 in a car crash. the tree in my backseat was 6 inches from the back of my head. something other than dumb chance had to have brought me through it. i choose to believe that god saved me because he still has a purpose for me.
purple_hippo
purple_hippo | 09-08-2007 22:41
Without a God, or at least some form of creator, then none of this can be real, which is far more terrifying than anything else. Most of the time the world and reality feels impossible anyway, but the fact it (or anything at all) exists means there must be something allowing it to do so. Without a God to give things substance than nothing can be real, and I am not arrogant enough to believe that I am the only one experiencing life and that it is all in my head.
LudMan
LudMan | 16-08-2007 09:06
Simply because...

HE lives,HE lives, Jesus Christ lives TODAY
He walks with me and talks with me,guiding along the way.

PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 16-08-2007 15:12
^^
I thought the first return of Christ was supposed to be the anti-Christ, tricking those who aren't true to the faith into believing that Christ was alive on earth

* offtopic :
and the stones to chocolate line was classic daniel, made only better by the cheerleader
rough_rider2k4
rough_rider2k4 | 16-08-2007 15:38
This whole thing about evolution? I believe that yes things evolve but I also believe that God created the Earth and everything on it. So I believe that there is a higher power that causes things to evolve the way they do.
I believe in God because it was the way I was raised and I turly believe that it is the right way to live. Yes I believe in Heaven and Hell. Depending on the way you live your life you will go to either when you die. If you believe and accept Jesus as your saviour and live by the 10 Commandments you will go to heaven. If you claim that there is no God and proclaim that you're an athiest then I feel sorry for you because I know where you'll end up if you don't change your ways.
xballaholicx
xballaholicx | 18-07-2008 14:19
Well starting with number one i was raised in a family that supports that religion but to this day i question myself && i'm curious if there is life after death or forever now we've been tricked into this illusion of thinking there is a one powerful person known as the one and only "GOD" you meet after death && rest in peace and or your told that if your a bad person && you don't worship God you go to an evil place called Hell && there's an evil God named "Satan or the Devil"! ha!
The bible is like reading a nonfiction book!
but we're not smart enough to know if it's true!
you just have to wait && see what happens!
I hate it when ppl try to predict the future!
You hear storys about ppl dying && doctors bring them back to life && they tell a whole story about being @ the gates of heaven!
Maybe it's just a dream!
I don't understand life!
but i see it in many different ways out of my eyes!
I pray!
but I'm confused!
but i'm not gonna waste time and keep guessing, I'm just gonna wait && see what happens!
I wanna believe in God!
I do believe in God!

Mr_Pie_Guy_69
Mr_Pie_Guy_69 | 18-07-2008 20:25
I'm an atheist. I stopped believing in god a long time ago.
DamPixieHippy
DamPixieHippy | 21-02-2009 17:57
Everyon needs something to believe in so they can feel there is something. Insted of saying people & everyone, maybe I should just put I & me....
ars7amad
ars7amad | 26-02-2009 18:41
be cause there is no reasonable Reason make me not to believe in god
4 all of those who doesnt believe in god just stop lying to ur self
if there isnt god than y do we even exit ??
Metalupurass69
Metalupurass69 | 28-02-2009 01:50
you know what ars7amad i dont know why we live and why we die and why exist, but i wouldnt call it some nonsense called god
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-02-2009 05:08
* offtopic :
"be cause there is no reasonable Reason make me not to believe in god"
If reason is logical then there is a "reasonable reason" not to believe in God when your reason for believing is because a god's existence can't be disproven.
Part of a conversation between (cartoon) Richard Dawkins and Mr. Garrison:
"I just think you can't disprove God."
"Well, what if I told you there was a flying spaghetti monster? Would you believe it simply because it can't be disproven?"

- It sounds daft (the idea of a flying spaghetti monster), but it's basically the same as the argument you give. Yet I doubt you'd believe in such a monster (even if you read a big book about it and had been told for years that it created the world and everything in it...orrr maybe you would).
WH1
WH1 | 28-02-2009 08:16
because HE himself said "I AM!"
WOOHOO Jesus!
bigred1
bigred1 | 29-04-2012 12:13
i believe in god because of the way i have seen people change and people have asked me what the point of prayer is when its just coincidence and i have responded with well if i stop praying so do the coincidences so i will keep praying but believing in god puts your mind at ease in may situations and it really helps you to keep calm
RunrigNutter
RunrigNutter | 05-01-2013 05:44
For me, as we cant see wind, or air, it made me question who we can we see. I believe because he died for my sins. As he said Behold, the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. I believe, and confess my sins Romans 10 9:10. It did make me question nearly 2 years ago, and I havn't looked back since.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: