en

Artist Moderator Listings [solved]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 18-01-2017 18:11
Hi Ray and everyone!

I know Ray has been at work behind the scenes fixing so many things around the site.

I ran into this problem long ago and as other things took precedence over this minor question or change I stayed silent so I don't think there was ever a prior topic to bring back to life.

But today I checked out an Artist Moderator link on a member's profile page, that has 447 artists listed under them (no need to repeat why/how this occurred, I understand the first joiners to the site had unlimited powers to add artists).

What I'd like to know/ my question is: What is the order they are listed in?

They appear to be either random, or perhaps they are listed in the order the person added them to their list of Artists they moderate (which can be actually worse than random as it may have had a rhyme or purpose the member was using to add artists, which got messed up along the way).

I'd like to suggest that if the listing of Artists they moderate can be simply alphabetized according to the same sequence used throughout the site when displaying search results or just browsing artist names, etc... Nothing fancy or difficult, other that maybe the list of artists that people moderate would have a beginning (A) middle (B through Y) and end (Z) that is consistent among the members.

That's all. Anyone have another preferred way to list them?

Thanks!
Bedankt!
5 comments
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 18-01-2017 18:17
Additional Data:

I checked into several members Artists Moderator links to their lists.....

Strangely enough one member's list starts out with all "B"s in right order! But then it goes random order ....gets a bunch of M's together for some reason.... and at the end after jumping back and forth T's W's it ends with a band that can either be alphabetized M or B!

Another member's long listing again has the B's starting off alphabetically, as I guess neither member choose any artists beginning with letter "A" (lol just happens by chance I know).... and it goes alphabetical for a while. Bunch of B's followed by C's D's G' then W.... then J's back to R's and no real sense of any order after that.

I know many sites make it easier on the programs and coding to simply order things by when they are added as its easier rather than reshuffling a whole series just to add one more Artist...many things work that way..

But I can ask; What is the purpose to either the member or to visitors to the member's profile page to provide a random order such as when they are added to their lists? I can't fathom a reason why and maybe I missed something and you can provide the missing clues.

Thanks, and Bedankt for reading this additional data I didn't want to clog up the title section with.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 18-01-2017 20:01
Mine are listed in alphabetical order.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 18-01-2017 20:21
Mine are listed in alphabetical order.

Thanks for volunteering your list Scott:

Danielle Brisebois
Lou Gramm
Billie Myers
New Radicals
Sophie B. Hawkins
Lissette
Lucky Dube
Willie Hutch
Mitsou
Paola Turci
Mandisa
Lifehouse
Frou Frou
Alan Merrill
Sita
Gregg Alexander
Carly Smithson
Rebecca Black
Blue Angel
Hanne Sørvaag
George Michael Dile
NF
States // Capitals
Catherine McGrath
Bon Qui Qui

I'll post Screen shots to prove it...but maybe this is something with just my PC/Laptop and showing them on the screen in this order....

I'm puzzled as to how you see it differently listed!

The mystery deepens!

Would you mind cutting and pasting them from your list so we can compare them?

Thanks Scott!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 18-01-2017 20:36
I turned on my sometimes malfunctioning "Chrome" Browser to see if maybe it lists them in correct alphabetical order and sadly it is the same order I copied and pasted when I was using my other Pale Moon Browser.
Ray
Ray | 29-03-2017 11:23
Ow now I see, you're talking about the list provided on the member profile pages. I wasn't looking here I added "sorting" to this list as well.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: