LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

What does this poem really mean?

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
djonathanfletch
djonathanfletch | 04-01-2017 10:37
I know it seems obvious, but I'm interested to see what people think this poem really means:

All of these words,
Are worth less than,
The breath we used to say them.
If we cannot be together.

Any thoughts?

D
6 comments
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 04-01-2017 18:45
Sounds like someone who's in love but doesn't want to continue putting in the effort if the other person doesn't love him/her back.
tabbydog
tabbydog | 05-01-2017 05:15
the meaning of this poem hinges on the word, BREATH. The infliction is the breath is of minor importance, but one may look at it as the most important since without breath there is no life. I see a long distance relationship where there is letters passed back and forth. One of the people do not believe that its worthwhile because words can be meaningless if there is no personal contact. (S)He has made the decision to move to the other's location so the relationship can be complete.
djonathanfletch
djonathanfletch | 11-01-2017 11:39
Thanks for that tabbydog I'd never thought of it like that. Really beautiful reading of it. i'd always thought about it in terms of somehow the body (breath) being worth more than the mind (words- language) if one is not with the person one loves. So ultimately that ttue emotional love is worth more than just physical love. What do you think?
tabbydog
tabbydog | 11-01-2017 14:14
Excuse me if I am, what my daughter calls me, a Prude. I contend that the reason that many marriages do not survive the fifth anniversary is that too much is put on the physical part of sharing ones life. As someone put it, 'the feeling of love brings on the sense of euphoria, what brings you back to earth is sharing a roll of toilet paper.' I have a successful marriage with my dear wife May, because the two of us have put our priories in the right places, We know the difference between; me and we.
djonathanfletch
djonathanfletch | 19-01-2017 16:43
Thanks for this Tabby dog. Ive really thought about what you have said and it really rings true to me :-)
biddy2026
biddy2026 | 24-05-2017 07:32
If you can't stay go away silently
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: