LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Annoying side effect of the new member system

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 19-12-2016 03:39
When the way the active member thing was changed (Stars next to our username) it caused a really annoying issue for me with messages.

I was trying to PM someone today and had to clear out tons of emails in order to send a message. That includes deleting my entire outbox folder.

Any way that can get fixed? Either by removing message limits on active users or not counting the outbox?
5 comments
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-12-2016 05:07
I think you have to increase your content acitivity - rate songs, update content, and edit content. Good suggestion, though!
Ray
Ray | 21-03-2017 14:26
Well, this one is about the basic principles of the contribute system. Elements on the site that require more server capacity can be earned with credits, where credits is your VIP level. The contribute system is here to stimulate people to help adding lyrics, which is very important to a community driven content site like LSI.

If you do a little contributing, your VIP level will lift off to higher levels, trust me

Anyone else who shares these thought about this annoying side effect?
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 21-03-2017 18:48
Hmm. I guess I haven't sent a message in a while, or I would have the same problem. It's difficult for us who have been more active and already have hundreds of messages, and now have to delete loads just to send one. There are so many memories in those messages and I'm sentimental, it would take me days to sort out which to delete. And contributing to raise your VIP level also takes some time. So if you have to send an urgent message, you're kind of stuck.

I just remembered about the download messages option. One could do that and then delete everything. But I don't think it worked when I tried that (years ago). Will have to try again.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 21-03-2017 19:52
Yes I understand the contribution system, this post was made right around the time the new VIP system was implemented (3 months ago or so). I deleted all my messages so I could send the PM I needed to send.

Also worth noting I tried to download the messages but it didn't work so I just cleared all my messages out, which I didn't want to do. I had messages from the forum awards, fantasy football stuff, etc that I would have preferred to save.

You can close the thread, it's not relevant now.
Ray
Ray | 22-03-2017 13:39
Ok, I see the problem. I doubled the max for each level, I hope that helps a bit.

Another thing about download functionality, I don't see any problems, it seems to work fine. Since you'll be downloading a file, pay attention your browser does not block it. Perhaps you'll have to click 'OK' somewhere.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: