LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Unable to edit album with the same name as another album

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-10-2016 17:52
Today I tried to edit this album to rename one of the tracks (The track "O.C.O.E." is actually titled "O.C.O.E. (Official Cat of the Eighties)"), but it gave me this error when I tried to submit:

An album with the same title and artist(s) is already in the archive here. Please avoid double entries of the same album and use the correct option if you think this album is not accurate.

I am aware that this band has two self-titled albums (this being the other one), but I've never had this issue before when editing albums that share the name of another one. I'm assuming this is a new error that needs to get ironed out.
4 comments
Ray
Ray | 22-10-2016 17:58
I didn't make any changes in the system. This duplicate check is not new and has been around for years. Please try to change the title somewhat similar to how artists with similar names are handled.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-10-2016 18:03
Hmm...this contradicts what I was told. I believe Sierra told me a long time ago that having multiple albums of the same name are fine if that artist does indeed have albums with the same title. I think the issue here is just that I might not have ever edited albums of the same name and only linked songs to them (which does seem to work) so I'll just link the songs instead. Thanks for letting me know.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 22-10-2016 20:12
Maybe put #2 for the newer one?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-10-2016 20:59
I didn't need to. Everything's set now so you don't need to worry about it anymore
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: