We use cookies to customize content and advertising, to provide social media features, and to analyze traffic to our site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. Read more.
  •    
  •    
  •    

Forum

Follow 2 Share & like

Link option for uploading YouTube videos

1emmyg
    1emmyg28-09-2016 23:55
    I just started moderating a new artist but since they're not very popular some of their songs on YouTube don't have many views (I'm guessing that's part of my problem). My problem is when I'm trying to find a song I know is on YouTube to add to the song's lyric page, when I search for it often the song doesn't come up, no matter how many times I re-word my search. It's a problem for me because my artist has many songs with more than one version, so it makes it kind of confusing when I have two different lyric pages for a song with the same title and YouTube video, but I'm claiming they're different. I thought a way to fix this problem would be instead of just having the YouTube search field to upload songs to their pages we could also have a link field to enter them.
    15 comments 
    roxcyn
    roxcyn29-09-2016 00:28
    How are you searching them?
    1emmyg
    1emmyg29-09-2016 00:41
    I'm going to the edit song section and then clicking the video tab. Then I hit add video and that's how I searched for it.
    roxcyn
    roxcyn29-09-2016 01:35
    Do you remove the dash? Sometimes that will help.
    1emmyg
    1emmyg29-09-2016 01:37
    Yeah. I've re-worded my searches every single way I can think of.
    Captain_Keeta
    Captain_Keeta29-09-2016 01:37
    I believe you have your answer, Emily, as like you said, the video you wanted to add is not as popular as other songs. I definitely could see this being changed though. Ray could look into this.
    Ray
    Ray29-09-2016 17:54
    Perhaps the video you're looking for is not allowed to be embedded (or "shared") on other websites like LetsSingIt. Then in won't popup in the LetsSingIt search results.
    1emmyg
    1emmyg29-09-2016 19:08
    I don't think that's the case since if you go to the shared section on its YouTube page it lets you share it to the different social media sites, but I'm not sure if that proves anything.
    roxcyn
    roxcyn30-09-2016 00:02
    Do you want me to take a look at one of the songs?
    1emmyg
    1emmyg30-09-2016 00:45
    If you have the time to. The YouTube video is called Eisley - I Wasn't Prepared (EP version).
    roxcyn
    roxcyn30-09-2016 03:32
    It loaded 10 when I searched, not sure if one was the EP verion.
    1emmyg
    1emmyg30-09-2016 09:45
    When I searched again it didn't show up. It would of said in the title of the video if it were.
    Ray
    Ray30-09-2016 18:36
    I updated the video search feature. Please give it another shot
    1emmyg
    1emmyg30-09-2016 18:49
    It worked! Thank you
    roxcyn
    roxcyn01-10-2016 02:35
    Oooh, let me check it out!
    tabbydog
    tabbydog11-10-2016 23:28
    I have about 20,000 songs on my computer. Titles and albums share names both by the same artists and other Artists. I used iTunes for comparing, sorting and lyrics. With the song titles and album names I give the name an extension (ie: Song Title - v01) this way I can ready see if there is one than one. It is also ease to distinguish between songs by the same artists and edited lyrics for Duets, shorten, live versions, or presented on two or more albums. I keep them separated playlist and thus easier to cut and paste lyrics to matched songs. Keeping track of the album's other info is important too. I research each song's composer, dates etc. Often if the song is hard to find, than a search by composer, or label will help. Warning if you keep our lyrics iTunes the buffers only allows about 3,000 entries before they start to refuse entries. I moved the lyrics over to my Word Processor. They are easier to catalogue and edit.
    I am also lucky that the local University has a great library with tons of scores and lyrics. Often too, emails to the artists themselves can give you insights to the info you need.
    pop out save saving ...

Topics you may also like

• more "Killer Ideas" topics
    • active topics
    • new topics