Minor new design question

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 27-09-2016 09:16
Hallo Ray!

Great job on everything! Yes!

Decided to post this in one spot as I asked others what they saw...

I originally posted in 'Randomness' how I like the pink color for the posts that we each do. Makes it easily recognizable to see our posts scrolling down a page! (especially helpful on long threads).

But....

rob says:

my comments appear yellow to myself, might be based off gneder or a skin setting unknown

scottt

Nope, PP, mine are light yellow.

joey

Huh. Mine aren't pink to me.

Test. Edit: I see. A sort of off-white?

Questions:
So the color of the posting varies with the user/member?

How and why does it appear one color or another?

Is it their monitor color settings doing it?

(my pink is quite pink! I'll post it if you need to see it, but of course I can't post the colors the others see if only they can view them!)

Can we pick our colors?

How is this done? (what secret button setting on LSI is used for this?)

I like the pink, but I'm used to yellow highlighting on another program, but don't change mine as I'll keep the pink for now---looks distinctive so I'll know I'm on the LSI pages.

----------
And:

Rob also wrote:

but yeah he [Ray] redesigned the appearance of the forum and comment boxes now have a save button

to which I add:

Yes! Thanks again Ray for that new method of saving the fast comments, so its not simply to press enter (which was error prone as we all tend to hit as a return to make a new line versus the Shift/Enter method which in the process of thinking what to write we can forget!)

Thanks as always for reading my posts in Support!
9 comments
Ray
Ray | 27-09-2016 13:54
Own posts are yellow highlighted indeed. This makes it more easy to quickly identify your own posts, which will increase readability of comments across the site.

The exact used color-code is #ffbed. I don't know why that would appear pink for some.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 27-09-2016 16:25
Own posts are yellow highlighted indeed. This makes it more easy to quickly identify your own posts, which will increase readability of comments across the site.

Great concept Ray!

As proof of my 'pink panther' pink view my laptop screen .........
and this example ....(color is normal on all people (skin color) and sites I visit compared to public computers of others, so I don't know why this particular one appears as "pink" to me...

(maybe I have pinkeye---Doctor joke there).
Ray
Ray | 27-09-2016 20:33
Are you using any screen overlay filtering? Everything, including your screens, are yellow for me. I still don't see any pinkness anywhere
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 27-09-2016 20:48
Hmmmmmm

Its sort of a everyone can use it computer, nothing critical on it. Shared around.

So, someone with more knowledge than myself may have done that... I'll research into it and see where those filterings are on Pale Moon Browser I use, or switch to another browser and test it first if everyone is seeing yellow for me too, then (thanks!) Its just my laptop producing the pink effect .... (That or my vision has to be checked since I sent you a photo of what I see as Pink and you still see the color as yellow---no way to take a real photo of laptop screen and send it easily to you).
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-09-2016 00:34
It looks like light yellow the ones you posted, PP.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-12-2016 06:12
I returned today this this old topic I had created to give an "update".

As of December 23, 2016 my pink color (and yellow I assume others were seeing ) has vanished! There is no color now to distinguish our own posts from other's posts.

Was this intentional? Is it a permanent or temportaqy change while something elese on the site is being updated?

See how my page appears in these two screenshots I posted in this link
roxcyn
roxcyn | 24-12-2016 06:58
I don't see it anymore on mobile.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 25-12-2016 10:35
In case someone wondered if I still can see pink on my "old" examples...

[thinking that maybe the color is the fault of my computer color settings]

Well here is the proof!

I don't see any color on the current LSI Forum page posts at all [again its the background color, not the text color or photos or avatars I'm talking here about]

But I DO still see my original posting (dated: 09-27-2016 12:25 AM)
(* offtopic :
Off topic wish the posts were numbered but ok will survive without it)

"and this example" as the soft pink color I always saw every time I posted here since the new "re design" of LSI.
Ray
Ray | 21-03-2017 14:03
I see that I disabled this hightlight feature a while ago. But I can't remember why I did this

Ok, enabled again
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: