404 Page not found in profile followed topics [solved]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-09-2016 23:50
Another bug discovered!

Sorry.

Wanted to answer Scott's question about my prior thread about a song with wedding bells, if remember it correctly from the 1980's similar to the "what song is this" question I was now answering today.

But when I went to my PracticePractic tab, Followed Topics Tab , and page 1 showed all the topics listed, I realized that the thread was about a month ago longer than what it was displaying... so I just clicked on "page 2" to show me more of my followed topics! (I like it, easy to remember where I posted in previously).

all I got was: "Sorry 404 Page not found "

Same error/ lack of a page for pages 3, 4, and 5 of my entire followed topics section.

I also checked "Followed Categories" tab too

There were no other categories listed other than my most recent "Killer Ideas" I thought I had more, especially my own creation, the "Guess Who?" Game here.

Nope, nothing!

Topic History

Comment History

All have same defect.

Its only on my (and others??) profile pages---the extra pages on the other categories and topics site links all seem to work over the many pages they have.

Maybe related to making everything related to the new points system? That involves us, members accounts and lists not the entire site's memory of topics/categories, etc.

Or just the fact you are loading in some new service packs into the site.
Just reporting it (hope the memory of those items are not damaged, just temporarily inaccessible.)

Thanks for checking into it Ray!
8 comments
roxcyn
roxcyn | 25-09-2016 03:03
Nope, my followed topics does the same 404 error on the second page and beyond.
Ray
Ray | 25-09-2016 12:16
I'm making preparations to flip the site's connection type "http" to "https", a encrypted connection for secure communication with LSI.

Most of my work (usually) goes off radar, well, that's the idea. But you know my reputation, I'm good in messing up.

Big fixed!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-06-2017 04:39
This is back again.

I go to the forum and select "My" for my followed topics, and I get 404 error if I go past page 1.

Also, with the new update - it used to be in the profile settings (where you go to the white person icon), now I don't see it.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 14-06-2017 06:58
Yes, weird its only "followed topics" with that error.

I tried something Joe taught me---refresh page first with Ctrl + F5 or just F5 before going to "page 2" and it works! Don't know why it fails when you do it the first time---doesn't going to page 1 from "My" tab actually refresh the page to show you page 1? I don't understand why those refresh buttons must be pushed to get to page 2----try it and see if it works with you Scott....
Ray
Ray | 14-06-2017 08:57
I see this one was actually cause by another issue. Also fixed Thanks for reporting!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 17-06-2017 04:11
Nope - it's still not working. I'm on Firefox. Try these steps:

Go to Active forum page.
Click on My
Click on another page (page 2 for example).

I still get a 404 page error. Oh, and Practice, the F5 trick didn't work.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 17-06-2017 05:02
Confirming what Scott said. No longer fixed with F5 or Ctrl + F5 on Pale Moon Browser. Back to square one everyone!
Ray
Ray | 21-06-2017 12:02
Also fixed
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: