LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Commenting on empty member profile gives error [solved]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
roxcyn
roxcyn | 17-09-2016 02:27
Hi! The profile comments are messed up with users who have no comments. It gives you an error. Only work around is to use the pop up box.
17 comments
Ray
Ray | 17-09-2016 22:48
Thanks for reporting

Can you please be a bit more specific? What do you mean with "messed up"? What do you exactly see when you do what? And any idea how long this problem has been going on?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 18-09-2016 14:14
No, that's a separate error. With anyone who has no comments it's been happening. See here what happens. I'm not sure how long it's been happening. The work around is to use the pop out box.
Ray
Ray | 18-09-2016 20:12
Thanks for the screen. I still don't know what you did to produce that problem. I don't have it myself, so the only thing I know so far is the screen. I was able to fix something though. Can you check it again please if something changed?

If there is still a problem, please walk me through step by step. I need to see it myself to get a better understanding
roxcyn
roxcyn | 18-09-2016 22:53
Nope, it still not working.

Go to new users section.
Pick a member with no comments.
Try to leave them a "welcome to our site" comment.
You'll get the error.
Ray
Ray | 19-09-2016 18:49
I don't get the error myself, that was the problem of the problem
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-09-2016 22:28
Weird, I asked another member and he gets th6r error too. I'm on Opera browser, not sure what he was using.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-09-2016 23:44
It was me.

I'm using Pale Moon Browser for (x64), Mozilla based browser.

Once I posted using the full pop out box, then anyone else and myself could post comments normally using the quick comment box.

I did find wriggling the space of the box to make it "bigger" at the lower right expand the box corner, that helped to fit the words in so pop out was not necessary.

Ok I just went to see if its still malfunctioning with the latest person to join LetsSingIt: Marco_zande from Italy.

and successfully typed just the word "Welcome" and it works now for me.

I should also compliment Ray on the new pink color to identify the filled in comment postings that we each did
.....i.e. only pink on my comments I assume Scott's is pink on his comments!

A neat idea! I like how it zeros in on what we are looking for most times, our own comments, what we said! Thanks Ray ! Its a nice pink too!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-09-2016 00:38
Nope, still messes up for me on Opera. I'll try Android browser or Chrome later and report the results.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 20-09-2016 02:04
Ok Scott: Opened up my Opera, dusted off the cobwebs and checked out posting on this brand new person (28 min ago) who just joined LetsSingIt!

LDelaneB

Comment worked on first try without the pop out box.

Next move is yours
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-09-2016 02:42
Tried with new user on Chrome app and does the same. The Opera I'm using is Android app.

Edit: It worked with Android browser.

Ray and PP, try it on the Chrome and Opera browser Android app. Remember it has to be a user with no profile comments.
italiandude75
italiandude75 | 20-09-2016 14:25
I use the Google Chrome browser more than often when I'm on here and when I post comments, they work perfectly.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-09-2016 16:42
Did you try it with someone with no comments?
Ray
Ray | 29-09-2016 14:40
What's the status on this one?

I've tried an logged everything, everything look fine. The comment updates have been completed. So if the problem is still here, it is not one of those problems that occure when the site is in the middle of updates.

Have you tried erasing your cookies and files? I doubt that that would fix the issue, but it's worth a shot.

Keep me posted
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-09-2016 22:08
Nope, it still does it even when I deleted all cookies.
Ray
Ray | 03-10-2016 21:17
I can't reproduce the error and logs look good.

I just installed a bunch of (other) updates related to the comment system. Any chance one of the updates "accidentally" fixed this error?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 03-10-2016 23:46
It's fixed, you're the best Ray!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: