LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Elephant Love Medley Lyrics Debate

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
xchip73
xchip73 | 15-08-2016 09:05
So there are 3 lyric issues that I am having a debate over. Its over discrepancies from what is written in the actual sheet music, to what is actually Sung in the movie Moulin Rouge. SO far no one seems to agree with me.

Issue 1: "Cause here I go again"

Ewan McGregor's sings "Cause here I go again" but he actually sings "Cause here I go girl". That is what I now hear and it is written that way in the sheet music. However, everybody sings it and writes it, "Cause here I go again." Now I know it comes from the Paul McCartney song and that is how it is written "cause hear I go again". But in the sheet music, which yes I know sheet music gets it wrong many times and there is even some mistakes in the sheet music for this song, for example sheet music states "where eagles fly on a morning high", which clearly he sings on a "Mountain high" so the lyric in Question is according to sheet music he says "Cause here I go girl" now when i go back and really listen to it with professional headphones he does say girl, but it sound like again, even though the "Ah sound of A Gain is not actually sung, its an edit in the recording where the engineer punched in at that moment. So I wonder if anyone can corroborate this. Listen, if everyone is HEARING again, and even the original song says Again, then one would think the sheet music must have gotten it wrong, right? But when listening to the recording i now can hear Girl...but like geeehh and its one syllable, where "again" is two syllables and you realize it sound like he's singing 2 syllables, but its not his voice that you actually hear for the "Ah" sound of Again. I mean at the very least if he actually is saying Again, then he's only singing "gain" but even then there is no N sound to it like "geehhhh"

Issue 2: "Love makes us act like we are fools"

The sheet music its written "Love makes us out like we are fools" and if you listen to the recording very closely thats exactly what she sings. But people keep thinking its "Love makes us act like we are fools" but she actually blends the "Out/likes" which it makes it sound like "Act" it goes unnoticed because in the context of the lyric both work. Can anyone back me up on that.

Issue 3: "we could be Heroes"

this could go either way, but he sheet music says
"We can be heroes" now the original song uses BOTH ways, so the question is, does it sound like Ewan sings what was written for sheet music or did sheet music get it wrong, and its hard to tell if he sings could/or can.
Anyway, it would be cool if someone who actually can listen with some studio headphones or has audio engineering ears or understand speech pathology can verify if anything of what I am hearing is correct. ThanksNicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor and Jamie Allen - Elephant Love Medley
1 comment
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-08-2016 05:14
Hi and welcome to LSI. We've had that happen with many songs we transcribe - the lyrics in the liner are different or changed. What I usually do is type them as they are sung and you can put an asterisk (*) by them or whatever symbol. Then in the song notes you can mention it says "such and such" in the lyrics booklet.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: