en

New Smiley Listing Tweak

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2016 10:15
Hi Ray!

Writing a separate idea so to make it easy to say yea or nay to it!

First and second and third comments here: Thank you! Bedankt!

for the new smileys! (I see there is a suggestion for a spelling change in the "Spelling Errors" thread, I don't know which way to go on that suggestion, leave it up to you...

But Scott's [roxcyn] suggestion reminded me of something I'd like to ask as a "tweak" now that you have a much more organized!!! smiley section!

I'd hate to have you reworking and redesigning it too much, so use as little or as much of this as you feel you have time to accomplish vs. worthiness to others to do it..

To help you along here is are some screenshots:

Screenshot 1 of new boxed smileys

(Comment on the photo: Rows 4 and 5 are (and were before) confusing to me as so many look similar but convey different ideas---please don't comment back about the head banging against the wall or the crying yes I know what those are, its most of the others in those rows and various other single smileys located throughout the listing that are confusing to me as to what they are until I actually USE them, and then I see the : ) image and I remember what that is)

Screenshot 2 of another website NAWCC.org boxed smileys with descriptions below each of them.

Screenshot 3 more descriptions (we can "borrow" their words or use your own ideas to describe
our smileys)

Screenshot 4 Even so much as saying the little "] :" or ": D" vs ": o" would be of help to see the expressions as the ones from FOK! were always difficult to determine what expressions they were. This website (among many others!) makes it easier to see and choose the correct smiley!! Am I correct?

Screenshot 5

Practice.
8 comments
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 07-08-2016 10:27
I noticed something for one of them : I clicked the 'drooling' one but it now shows as the 'yummy' one and tilde.

Please, Ray, could you fix this one?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2016 12:20
Hi Celine!

Which one is the "drooling" one? How many rows down and how many smileys across is the box with that in it? I can't see it, only the drunk one? Is that the one?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 07-08-2016 14:12

Hmm this one may be glitched. But the drooling one is : 9 ~
roxcyn
roxcyn | 07-08-2016 16:11
Aww, the drooling one got messed up in the update.

Good idea to have a description of them.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2016 17:18
See I need descriptions.....always thought that was the :p tongue sticking out one everyone tries to use and ends up with colon + letter p instead. Now I know, but will I remember next time I need it without a written reminder?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 08-08-2016 03:27
Which one is the "drooling" one?

The one Jeff and I mentioned.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 08-08-2016 03:53
Thanks Celine!
Ray
Ray | 29-09-2016 20:04
I experimented a bit with adding text (tag-names) next to the smileys, but it's taking too much extra space. Some smileys also have a long tag-name which widens up stuff even more. On smaller screens it does not look so nice. I prefer too keep it like this for the moment.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: