LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Song edit not alerting us of "wrong lyrics format" [solved]

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2016 12:57
I would have posted about this weeks ago, but I had falsely thought the issue was fixed. Doesn't seem like it

A while back on the Spelling errors thread, I posted this:

On a related note, I'm assuming the max characters per line was increased to 100? I swore it was 75 before. It's confusing, though, because if a line reaches 75 characters, it will still appear in the content check as "wrong lyrics format" without giving you a warning that the line is too long.

This may have something to do with this issue. It seems that right now, some songs will pop up as "wrong lyrics format" on the content check (aka one or more of the lines of lyrics is too long), except it gives me no alert that the line is too long.

In the past, it has always alerted me if a line is too long and wouldn't let me submit the song until I split the line into smaller lines. But now it's not. Thus, I have to guess which line is the culprit and shorten all of the remotely long lines instead of it telling me which one is long.

It seems that once you reach 100 characters, then it properly alerts you (I tested that out), but it seems that there's still a certain character limit under that that triggers the "wrong lyrics format" message in the content check.

Here's an example of a song I was able to submit just fine with no alerts, but gives this message in the content check.
2 comments
Ray
Ray | 29-09-2016 14:29
Bug fixed, the content checker should now give the correct info.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 29-09-2016 15:37
Great! So what is the max amount of characters per line now, 75 or 100? Just want to test this out and make sure it warns me if I exceed the amount.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: