LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #185

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 04-08-2016 01:36
This one goes out to this years football season and to the Green Bay Packers. See you in the Super Bowl!

-----------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
2,726 to 2,750 of 5,001 comments
page 110 of 201
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2016 00:54
Aw, but I love oatmeal raisin cookies.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 24-10-2016 01:02
Aw. I'll allow it for you. (Because I am queen of cookies and decides these things, obviously.)
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 24-10-2016 01:05
I messed up my sleep pattern and now it's 3am and I can't sleep.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-10-2016 01:59
I ate an entire pizza...

You ate a whole pizza without me !

Signed: "the pizza smiley"
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2016 02:00
lol, so my mom and I were chatting earlier and she says to me, "you shared something on your facebook with the f-word in it." I was confused because I don't use the f-word on my facebook. She says, "yeah E_____ (insert her friend's name) said it was a link." *Realization hits* Ah, she's talking about the post made by I f*cking love science that I shared. She goes on to say, "you could have used a different word, I would take that off your page." Mom, that is the name of the website that post the thing I shared. I can't just change their name, I have no control over that. "Oh. Well, are you sure you want that on your page?" Look mom, I am not using the f-word. I thought the post was funny and expressed how I felt about something. That does not mean I am endorsing or embracing the original poster. If people are going to be offended that I shared something funny from a page that uses the f-word to explain how much they love science, then that is their problem. I don't have time to analyze everyone I have ever known who might see the posts I make to try and determine who may potentially be offended by something.

I'm glad that my parents' generation is slowly embracing the internet, but I still don't think most of them understand how it works (I don't know how the internet works half the time). I also had to explain that unfriending someone and unfollowing someone are not the same thing.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-10-2016 02:05
Wasn't gonna share with some random guy who we know little bit about....
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-10-2016 02:06
Boob sweat.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-10-2016 02:06
I also had to explain that unfriending someone and unfollowing someone are not the same thing.

I've done this no fewer than ten times.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-10-2016 02:11
Read carefully Jeff and you'll see ....

without me !

Signed: "the pizza smiley"
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2016 02:14
I'd share my pizza with Practice. But not the pizza smiley, it looks a bit shifty.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 24-10-2016 02:56
Parents trying to dictate to you when you're an adult really annoys me whenever I see it happen. You handled it way better than I would have Jen.

Explaining the internet is so difficult to those who didn't have it when they were younger. It's almost like they can't wrap their heads around it not being a physical medium. I've tried to explain Netflix and Plex to my uncle a few times and no matter what I say or do, he thinks every time he chooses a film or tv show, theres somebody on the other side pushing play on a dvd player for him. My grandparents are even worse, one is scared of technology and refuses to use it while the other can't understand facebook and just tries to send messages to people through posting on their feed, like "Sister, call me when you can"
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2016 03:00
no matter what I say or do, he thinks every time he chooses a film or tv show, theres somebody on the other side pushing play on a dvd player for him. My grandparents are even worse, one is scared of technology and refuses to use it while the other can't understand facebook and just tries to send messages to people through posting on their feed, like "Sister, call me when you can"

I know that's really annoying for you, but that's also kinda adorable.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-10-2016 03:02
No thanks.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2016 03:08
To be fair to my mom though, she wasn't trying to censor me, it was more that, she knows I don't desire to represent myself by dropping cuss words. She was just trying to protect that, but didn't understand it wasn't me saying it. I had to explain to her I wasn't the one who named the site that.

And my post is a little out of context. It was a timely conversation, because my mom (a month ago) was teaching Sunday school, and referred to fish poop as fish shit. So, she used the true context of the word (not on purpose, she just made a mistake). She did apologize, but of course the kids went home and told their parents that Ms. Flo said a cuss word in Sunday school (because kids like to cause drama). Now my mom doesn't just use cuss words. So this was really unusual for her. And she's been teaching these kids since they were babies, so some of them for over 10 years. First time this has happened. And she has known the parents for decades. So the parents should have known better. But instead, they held this weird grudge for a month instead of just talking to my mom about it. And they made it seem like it was this huge deal, when it wasn't. It's not like this is a common theme with my mom.

So, I understand why my mom would be a bit protective over my posts, she wouldn't want me to end up in the same circumstance. But, unlike my mom, I don't have time for stupid. I'd be like, if you don't know me well enough to know that I don't just use cuss words all the time, especially around kids, then perhaps I am not the problem.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 24-10-2016 03:23
I remember seeing that the other day, talk about a major overreaction by those kids parents. Not really that surprising though. Anytime I've encountered the overly religious parent, it's never been a pleasant experience. Usually very judgmental and naive to the way the world actually is and instead pretend it is how they see it through their rosary colored glasses. Present company's parents excluded of course.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 24-10-2016 03:28
Thanks Jen for sharing that and the discussion about using politically correct clean language vs today's instant unfiltered world of the Internet....

I too have my share of stories just like you and Joe have both posted......at my age you wouldn't believe it, but I'm the technologically most advanced of a huge number of relatives (save a few brave souls who have totally gone into everything but the "dark web" ---[read that as going overboard with the Internet/computers/Netflix etc] so I'm the patient one explaining over and over and maybe eventually they will "get it"--- So for Joe, don't give up on your Uncle or Grandparents...there are books out there "Computers/Internet for Seniors" etc which explain it, step by step, slowly if you can't think of a gift one day for them, that would be nice.. For they can read a real book (not a screen) and work through the various menus/tabs without harming anything, all on their own---

I realize I've given advice and a suggestion, but its posted here for anyone else to read and follow as well. Wish you luck Joe---I sympathize as I've been there and done that too.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2016 03:39
I must watch strange (or a variety of) stuff on youtube pretty frequently, because my suggested videos are all over the place.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 24-10-2016 03:55
I love Planet Dolan, Jenn. Check it out!
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2016 03:58
Oh Jeff. You don't like nutella, and you want the Seahawks to beat my Cardinals. It's not looking good for us.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-10-2016 03:59
Lol I'm just trying to win my weekly NFL picks sweetheart.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2016 04:01
And you just called me sweetheart. That is 3 strikes in one night! There's no coming back from this, Jeff.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-10-2016 04:02
Damn I'm on a roll today.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-10-2016 04:29
I can't take the political commercials anymore! Their voice are so irritating, it just grates on my nerves. And one of them will end up President and we'll have to hear them speaking all the time! It's painful to think about.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 24-10-2016 11:03
On the topic of parents who are technology challenged... My mother in law paid someone in India to remote onto her computer to fix she problem that apparently couldn't wait for Gary or myself. $250 for him to run basic cleaning programs and install "360 Security"... A free program that anyone can download. Didn't fix the problem. 2 months later she calls Gary, freaking out because there's a remote access icon on her desktop and she doesn't know where it came from...
She also thinks she still needs to use AOL to get on the internet (has her homepage set there and thinks she needs to login before she can do anything). We've explained CCleaner and defragmenting to her at least 600 times, still doesn't get it. And even after she writes her passwords down, she forgets them.

Also... Don't ask her to click the start button.. her computer doesn't have one....
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-10-2016 14:16
Watching TWD. Emotionally ruined. Glad I prepared myself.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: