LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Do you play Pokémon Go?

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-07-2016 01:53
Pokémon Go is all the rage. It's an interactive game app and I have linked to the official USA website.

If you use it, tell us what you like about it.
If you don't use it, feel free to say why not.

Let's discuss!

Be nice and have fun!
No, I have no interest in anything Pokémon.5 (27.8 %)vote
Yes, and it's alright.4 (22.2 %)vote
NA / Refused / I don't know. 4 (22.2 %)vote
No because I have no time for it.2 (11.1 %)vote
No, but I want to.2 (11.1 %)vote
Yes, and I love it.1 (5.6 %)vote
total votes: 18
25 comments
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 19-07-2016 01:54
No, I have no interest in anything Pokémon.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-07-2016 01:54
Pokémon became very popular when I was in 8th or 9th grade. I had totally no interest and I really don't like anime. Therefore, I have no interest in playing the app. It looks like some of the younger generation is really having fun with it, though.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 19-07-2016 01:56
NA / Refused / I don't know.
What's Pokemon go? I don't know if I've played or not. Can't remember.
JDolla
JDolla | 19-07-2016 01:57
No because I have no time for it.
I barely have time to do all the things I need to do right now, i just can't afford to spend time walking around dicking with my phone.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-07-2016 01:58
, Jeff, I linked the official website above. Uhm, and I thought you said you played it?
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 19-07-2016 02:16
And I really don't care if people are all about it. As long as they do so safely and responsibly.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 19-07-2016 02:20
Yes, and it's alright.
It's pretty decent and fun when done in a group. A bunch of the guys at work play too.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-07-2016 19:34
I haven't tried it, but man if it isn't all social media is talking about right now, haha. There wasn't really an option on the poll that fit me, so I think this one works. I enjoy Nintendo games (moreso the Mario games than Pokémon, though), I just don't play many phone games. I'm more into console and PC games.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 19-07-2016 21:19
Yes, and it's alright.
It doesn't work on my phone but I play it on other people's phones haha.
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 19-07-2016 21:35
No because I have no time for it.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-07-2016 22:57
Oh, I see, sorry about that Nicolas. I don't really play console games - sometime web games and games on my smart phone, but not Pokémon.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-07-2016 23:21
No need to apologize I think an option like "No, but I enjoy other Nintendo games" would suit me, because the current "No" options don't fit me (I do have time for it, and I have interest in Nintendo games but I just don't have interest in playing a Nintendo mobile game).

I only have one Pokémon game. I'm not a huge fan of the series (like I said, I prefer Mario), but I do enjoy the concept. I especially enjoy seeing that Pokémon Go is bringing people together and outside of their homes, which is amazing. Though, I am hearing some bad things about it as well, such as car crashes, people getting injured from not paying attention to where they're walking, and even people using the game to rob others.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 20-07-2016 06:14
No, but I want to.
I don't know how to answer here. I did download and play for like 4 days or so. But it was so irritating. Drains my battery faster than anything I've ever had on my phone and everytime I close the app it makes me sign in again. I didn't even sign out, no other apps make me do that. And it doesn't remember me, gotta type in all the info. I'm sure they will fix this small problem, but the battery drain isn't worth it. Plus I don't want to walk, I would just drive and then crash and kill myself playing Pokemon Go. I'm not going out that way. And it always struggles to find GPS. I did manage to catch 3 Pokemon though, using like 50 Pokeballs. I guess it could be fun if those few things weren't an issue.
Rubbo81
Rubbo81 | 20-07-2016 08:34
Yes, and it's alright.
Yeah I play it, I have nice memory of the Gem Boy version so i decided to try this
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 20-07-2016 11:55
No, but I want to.
Seems you need one of those "smart phones" to play this game (and a data plan). Have none of the above. Have a "near smart" (dumb phone) --it does a few pre-installed apps from a listing of about 20 that's all.. one is GPS, but I'm certain since I can't add a new app like a game that is off their listing of approved "games", I won't be playing Pokemon Go anytime soon.... Hmmmmm Android vs iOS iPhone vs Blackberry OS vs Samsung vs TMobile vs Verizon vs AT&T vs even Ubuntu Touch or Sailfish!!! toooo many choices to be made!!!!
fishmunky
fishmunky | 20-07-2016 12:14
Yes, and I love it.
The game is fun as all hell and I'm averaging a 4 km run every day to hatch eggs, it's literally gamified my fitness better than anything else has. If the servers would stop overloading it'd be perfect
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 20-07-2016 15:13
Yes, some more to add....if anyone remembers me answering one other poll as I have an iPad.... I did check if Pokemon Go works for it, and it does, but I need iOS 8 which requires I obtain an "upgrade" to a newer version of an iPad.... at approx $800 USD cost just so I can enjoy Pokemon Go! (and upgrades that cost more USD ) to everything else on the older iPad).
roxcyn
roxcyn | 23-07-2016 02:48
* offtopic :
Wow - that seems a little extreme PP. I have experience with T-Mobile and Sprint. With Sprint we are on their unlimited plan witch is the best, but I like T-Mobile, too. Even after you use your high speed data you still get a slowish speed (around DSL speeds). It depends on where you live and you can compare their plans online.

The kind of phone you have is called a "feature phone". I used to have a Samsung one - pretty interesting. It had a few apps, and that was it. I had Opera browser and a few others. If you want some smartphone recommendations, we can discuss on Randomness or via PM. Ok?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 23-07-2016 03:07
* offtopic :
Its not $800 for data, its for one new iPad with the required iOS 8 Operating System, similar to old iPad, with both WiFi & phone 3G 4G built in and full memory (for all the photos as older one had no camera!) And of course I'd get the Retina screen as that is only way new ones are sold...so it adds up . I was not mentioning the plan as it would get added on to existing phone plan. All to play this new Pokemon game that I'd be interested in walking/riding around to catch them all! (I don't even use the games on my phone, never downloaded the full versions---more room for memory and stuff.)
valdez
valdez | 17-08-2016 15:33
I don't even know if I could play it in Poland
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-08-2016 05:22
* offtopic :
I'm not sure either. I guess you could check the link I posted or search in the Google Play or App Store for it. One of my favorite teachers was from Poland, and I just worked with a guy who was adopted as a little kid from Poland and moved to the USA to live with an adopted family.
TygrHawk
TygrHawk | 29-10-2016 02:08
Yes, and it's alright.
I've been in IT for 30 years, and used to be an avid gamer (not much time these days). But when I heard all the fuss, I had to at least download it and see for myself.

I'm actually quite impressed, probably the first augmented reality "killer app". I don't play obsessively, but it's always interesting to check it out when I'm in different places. And it actually has encouraged me to exercise at least a little more than I used to (which isn't saying much lol)
italiandude75
italiandude75 | 15-11-2016 16:12
To me, it just got boring real easy and it was a fad anyways. Hopefully, when the Pokemon Go 2 releases next month, I'll give it another chance.
PianoPLayer698
PianoPLayer698 | 15-11-2016 16:32
no way will you catch me doing anything Pokémon
PianoPLayer698
PianoPLayer698 | 15-11-2016 16:32
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: