en

Guess Who #17.034

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
JDolla
JDolla | 15-06-2016 23:08
The Rules

Participants will be given some type of subject from which to make a choice (favorite book, what you wanted to be when you grew up, etc) and will submit their choice to the host via PM by the submission deadline (see below).

The host will then post a list of all the submissions verbatim (along with the host's submission, plus one or two fake submissions) in alphabetical order, and a list of the submitters in alphabetical order.

Participants will have until the second deadline to try to match the correct submitter with the correct submission and post their answers in this thread. Please remove your own name and answer from the list, along with whichever one you believe is fake. Other than the host, anyone is allowed to participate in this section of the game, regardless of whether or not they submitted a choice.

After the second deadline has passed, the host will post the correct answers, as well as the total number of correct guesses by each guesser. Obviously the winner is the person or people with the most correct guesses. The person or people with the fewest correct guesses will have to be the host and winner's personal slave for the remainder of the year.

The Scenario

What's your dream job. This one's easy. You don't have to imagine shit. You don't have to think too hard about it. You don't have to write a novel about it. Just name the thing you'd want to do for the rest of your life, regardless of pay or education/training. You probably already know what it is. A few of you might even be doing it. Just put that into a message and sent it to me.

The Deadlines

Submissions:
6/23, Midnight LSI Time. That's a week. It shouldn't take you a week. This one is stupid simple. If you're already reading this, click on my name and send me a pm with your answer. Don't look at it, say "I'll do it tomorrow", and forget to do it. Click the name, send the message. Now.

No extensions, if yall don't get enough of them to me by the deadline I'm just gonna forget this is even a thing. Or worse, I'm going to make some up for a few of you, and I promise they won't be flattering.

Guessing:

To be announced, probably like a week and a half after I get all of the submissions.
76 to 86 of 86 comments
page 4 of 4
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 04-07-2016 21:11
Decent score, I should wing it more often. And I noticed most of you chose retired gajllionaire for me, good guess. That was my first choice, raptor trainer doesn't actually sound fun but I figure maybe I could get acquainted with Chris Pratt, perhaps when we're being eaten alive.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 04-07-2016 22:07
Good summation of my points Jeremy...

In that vein, I assume you would then agree with the Mercedes Benz ad slogan/tagline (not saying if or not you like the car):

CarlJ
CarlJ | 06-07-2016 12:42
Crap, I thought I sent in my answers before I left......whoops. Congrats Jen.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-07-2016 13:00
Who's going next? If there even is a next.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 06-07-2016 14:55
Doesn't Jen since she won?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 06-07-2016 15:20
Jeff and Scott... (and anyone else who is interested):

There is this Guess Who Rules thread.....

is where we post "who" goes next... (Someone has to update the list and make any corrections in numerical order that are necessary).

I did say I would give a go---but I want others to do this too ,which explains why I created an universal game one that anyone can be the gamemaster of it and I didn't have to do as in some other games, be the one person responsible for each and every game---sharing the fun and the work both!.

Oh I just remembered, the one that Scott mentioned I should do was too similar to Sierra's (but sort of opposite), to have them occur too close together, so that is why Jeremy stepped up and maybe should be another one in-between too.... then I will certainly go as number _____?? Or else I can use one of my other ideas, but the wording is further from being all done like the one I did in the thread which as I said Scott recommended it become a Guess Who, so I cancelled/closed the thread! (Thanks for doing that Joey!).
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-07-2016 15:35
^ Yeah, basically anyone can go next.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-07-2016 15:36
In the past we've usually declared our intentions to make a game in case anyone else was planning on doing so, but it's not a rule. The list at the top (in the original post here) needs to be updated to show the recent games. I'll do it soon.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-07-2016 15:36
You're creative, you go Joey! :p
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-07-2016 15:46
Someone who's not had a go might want to try. I'll post in the original thread.
JDolla
JDolla | 06-07-2016 16:23
As I half-assedly stated, if someone has an idea but doesn't want to do the work of collecting answers and tallying guesses I'll run it with my handy spreadsheet. Or I can send a copy of the template. Either way.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: