LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Should MTV/VH-1 focus more on music?

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
roxcyn
roxcyn | 06-06-2016 02:48
When they first premiered on TV, they were all about music - music videos, behind the music, pop up video, and so on. Do you think they have become lost in the tread of reality TV?
Yes, I want to see more music videos and music orentated shows.6 (75.0 %)vote
NA (I don't have cable TV, I don't watch these stations, against my religion, etc). 2 (25.0 %)vote
No, I like how they are now.0 (0.0 %)vote
total votes: 8
9 comments
roxcyn
roxcyn | 06-06-2016 02:48
Yes, I want to see more music videos and music orentated shows.
I would like to see more music oriented shows, and more music videos on their stations.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 06-06-2016 02:51
NA (I don't have cable TV, I don't watch these stations, against my religion, etc).
I do not have cable TV. And have not watched MTV much either.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-06-2016 02:58
NA (I don't have cable TV, I don't watch these stations, against my religion, etc).
Who cares. Rob Dydrek is hiliarious.
saina
saina | 06-06-2016 06:40
Vh1 India is cool. It is mostly about music. But whenever I go through MTV India, there's always a tv series going on. While the content of these series is good but I think it should focus more of music.
didi28
didi28 | 12-06-2016 05:44
Yes. They must stick to their names: Music Television and Video Hits.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 12-06-2016 11:54
It would be nice for it to go back to what it was. there are enough music videos out there now that it could run for a LONG time without repeating anything. won't watch either channel until they bring back the music
fishmunky
fishmunky | 12-06-2016 16:52
I would like to see it return to earlier days with more videos but i understand the economics as to why they don't

Essentially a music video is a commercial for the song, a band gets a hit video, the song becomes a hit on the radio and consumers purchase the single or the album. Now with the rise of internet piracy, online streaming and websites like vevo and youtube, there's been a sharp decline in the way record companies put time and money into videos, as there's very little chance for a return on investment. With a decrease in that, there's a decrease in ad revenue for channels like mtv or vh1 to be reasonably able to be profitable without those videos and the demograhics that come with it.

thus cheap to make reality shows and a handful of scripted dramas that bring in the same gneral core tv watching demographic makes sense from a viability point of view

tl;dr version
we're bad at paying for music so it makes no sense to try and have tv channel that makes money on music
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 12-06-2016 18:33
Yes, I echo Carl and Anthony's thoughts on the subject.

Good Poll idea Scott!

won't watch either channel until they bring back the music

Same here Carl!

Maybe they can get enough money to do a streaming paid channel on Internet...(I'm old, only one I can think of like that is what Howard Stern did on Sirius Radio--maybe there are newer examples someone can post) Then you pay for the music outside of your cable fees....not happy to pay more, but you get what you want---and more places too! Carry the music with you! How about that concept MTV and VH1?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 13-06-2016 04:24
If I recall correctly, they have second channels where they play more music. It sounds crazy as that's what the original station was created. Of course, it's all about the money. They do play music videos really early in the morning though. I guess that's a good thing.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: