en

Why is only "inbox" of Messages saved? [solved]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 28-05-2016 10:08
Hi/Hallo Ray:

I have a stupid question....maybe I haven't learned yet, and I'm not pressing the right button in my "Messages" tab.

I don't do this often, but computer is doing too many behind the scenes processes for me to be happy with it, so I may take it offline this weekend to fix it..

Of course my VIP rating falls.....

and I may lose PM/Emails due to that .....

So I did what everyone else here can do...save their messages in case that happens to their computer.

Pressed the link under "folder options"/ "Download messages (.txt format)" link and downloaded all my PM's and my other created folders as well....or so I thought.

First time since I've been here I had a moment (its early am here) to actually check and see what is the "contents" of the downloaded file?

Guess what? Its only the "inbox" as the file is named: "lsi_messages_default_inbox_2016-05-28"

Sorry, I was not paying attention! First time I noticed it only says its saved the "inbox"! (the link does not warn you about this fact).

But there is the whole "outbox" that is not connected to an automatic "saving" file routine.

Plus, what about trying to save all the individual folders I've created under your link/button: "folder options"/ "+ add folder"?

I tried , but there seems to be no method to automatically "click and save" for the Outbox, or any of the named sub-folders I've created in my mailbox.

Maybe more links can be made under "folder options" to accommodate these choices or processes?

Hope its not too difficult to do.

Again, thanks for reading this.

Posted one screenshot here, if you need more, ask!

Practice.
3 comments
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 29-05-2016 03:33
Hello Practice.

How strange! Just noticed it too, saving messages works for "inbox" only.
Ray
Ray | 28-07-2016 11:20
Fixed It was a bug in the system. Outbox messages are save when using the option from an outbox folder.

The save option is for one folder only. So repeat the option for each folder. I think this is doable, unless you have 25+ folders

and...

Of course my VIP rating falls

Note that your VIP is a 100 day avarage calculation. Your VIP level must be bullet proove for a weekend offline.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 28-07-2016 12:21
Thank you Ray!

(and I have a high enough VIP rating so my repair work was accomplished without loss of Email/PM messages thanks again for repairing all these behind the scenes things that keep LetsSingIt working right!_
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: