LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Movie soundtracks don't appear on a song's page [solved]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-05-2016 19:57
A very minor thing, but some songs linked on movie soundtracks don't show that soundtrack in their list of albums. It seems to work for compilations (such as here), but not movie soundtracks (maybe other types of soundtracks as well, but I haven't checked). It seems to be random, though, because I found some other songs that have a movie soundtrack listed on their page.

Example: this song should have the Paper Towns soundtrack in its album list, but it doesn't. Only if you go to its soundtrack page in the Paper Towns directory do you see it appear in the album list.
7 comments
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-05-2016 20:25
Seems to be fixed now
Ray
Ray | 24-05-2016 21:13
It seemed that the bug appeared on artist that themselves didn't have albums. I saw you created an album for the artist of you example, so you sort of "fixed" the issue there yourself

I think I have a more durable fix in place.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-05-2016 21:37
I was thinking that might have been the cause, yeah. Once I created the original album the song appeared on, the soundtrack appeared on the song page with it.

This reminds me, you never made it so that songs that only appear on soundtracks no longer come up as "missing album" in the content check. That would be a useful fix too, because there are songs that were made solely for soundtracks and don't appear on any albums by the artist.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 08-11-2018 18:12
Can you clarify this fix? Imagine Dragons has a song Levitate that is on the 2016 Passengers Movie soundtrack. In the artists index when you look at the song it does not appear to be on ANY albums (so no song details like album label, release date etc are connected), so i did a site search for the soundtrack, it exists as Passengers [2016] (movie) for this song.. sounds like what you were originally explaining as a problem in the original post above.. so do i need to create a movie soundtrack album for Imagine Dragons for that movie?? was that the fix?
music_junkie
music_junkie | 08-11-2018 18:13
also is there a forum thread somewhere on the right way to input movie soundtracks?? i thought there was and have been searching but cant find one
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 08-11-2018 18:54
In the case of "Levitate", that song never appeared on the actual film soundtrack and was only released as a separate single, so no, no album will appear for that one. As for the "right way" to input movie soundtracks, it's pretty simple; just list the songs as you would an album and link them accordingly. Here's a good example of how a soundtrack page should look, so you can just refer to that. Since these songs do appear on a soundtrack album, they are listed on the song page (example). Hope this clears up any confusion.
Ray
Ray | 09-11-2018 12:31
You never made it so that songs that only appear on soundtracks no longer come up as "missing album" in the content check.

This one was not not on my rader, my apologies. I just implemented this idea on the site
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: