LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Haven't been able to access site for past 2 days

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-05-2016 12:31
I'm on my phone as I write this, but I've been encountering a very strange error. For the past two days, my desktop hasn't been able to load any LSI pages, saying the site took too long to respond. This is also happening on my phone, but with a twist - whenever the site does work on my phone, I'll try the site on my desktop. It still won't work, and if I try it on my phone after that, it suddenly won't work again.

It's also interesting to note that the site is fully accessible when I turn the wi-fi off and use my phone's 4G connection (which is how I'm writing this) but this prevents me from using the site on my desktop and catching up on work.

Please fix this soon, thanks
16 comments
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-05-2016 12:46
I haven't had this problem (but, weirdly, have been encountering it with Outlook/Hotmail).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-05-2016 12:54
Yeah, I went to downforeveryoneorjustme.com and it said the site is up. Very frustrating.

Oh, I should note I tried both restarting the browser and restarting the computer, and neither worked. I also tried it on my laptop and the same thing happens.

I'll pray that this is something Ray can fix...
CarlJ
CarlJ | 22-05-2016 13:34
no issues on any of my computers. do you have a virus on your computer that might be blocking you?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-05-2016 13:35
That sounds like your computer because I've had no problems with the website on my computer.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-05-2016 14:16
Carl, I doubt that it's a virus on my computer since it's occurring on all of my devices connected to the wi-fi. Could be something wrong with the connection itself, but all other sites work fine, it's just LSI.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-05-2016 14:22
Can't be LSI if none of us are experiencing your issues.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-05-2016 14:34
You misread, I said that all other sites are working fine for me except for LSI. Perhaps it is something Ray can investigate regardless.

If it helps him investigate at all, this is the screen I get when I try to access the site.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-05-2016 14:36
I would get that but would just refresh and it would be fine.
Ray
Ray | 22-05-2016 14:36
Sounds like a blacklist problem. Like me check that. I need to know your IP. What is your IP address your desktop uses? You can check that here https://www.whatismyip.com/.

If you don't feel comfortable dropping your IP in this topic, a PM is fine too
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-05-2016 14:37
I've tried refreshing it and nothing changes.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-05-2016 14:37
Ray the hacker. :p
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-05-2016 14:37
Alright Ray, I'll PM you.
Ray
Ray | 22-05-2016 14:40
Already found your IP It was blacklisted. The LSI defense system was a bit too strict. I removed your IP from the blacklist. Give the system a couple of minutes to sync with the updated list. Then everything should work again.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-05-2016 14:41
Why would Nicolas be blacklisted? He does so much for the site, haha.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-05-2016 14:41
Awesome, it works! Thanks so much.

Yeah, I'm curious about that too, how did I end up blacklisted?
Ray
Ray | 22-05-2016 14:47
There have been quite some attacks on the site so I set the defense system stricter. The defense system also uses well known blacklists available on the web. I see your IP has been blacklisted Nicolas. Enter your IP here: http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx.

That your IP has been listed there doesn't mean you're sending spam. It can have many innocent reasons. You can submit a request to get your IP removed from those lists. Follow the instructions on that site. Ifyou have problems with your email, it can be because your IP is on these lists.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: