LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

LetsSingIt's Pointless Quiz, 50th Edition! (HEAD-TO-HEAD)

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 21-05-2016 19:16

50th quiz! I wanted the Carlton dance, but couldn't find a good quality short version. Snoopy Dance will do. Thank you to all regular (and occasional ) participants who have contributed over the past couple of years. Win this quiz, get a prize!

*Introductory theme tune*

Rules of the quiz:
- One answer per person (per round)
- Always give the answer you think the fewest amount of people would know
- If two people give the same answer in a short space of time, the first person's answer will be accepted (but the second can answer again)
- When applicable, a player may pick the same subject as another contestant and provide a different answer if they believe the other to be incorrect
- If you play the first round, please check back in case you make it through to Round #2
- Resist cheating (i.e. looking up answers; asking others)

And of course, respect your fellow contestants and have fun!

Round #1 will be posted shortly and will remain open until Monday (or, when applicable, until each answer is taken) to give everyone a chance of replying.

* offtopic :
The records of previous winners and pointless answers can be found here.
51 to 75 of 132 comments
page 3 of 6
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-05-2016 20:40
I don't have a Round #2 question ready yet, so bear with me. (It's OK, Lisa's not in it and Celine stays up almost as late as I do. )
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-05-2016 21:15
All right, finally made some time to find a round (I didn't like the questions I had for the category I wanted).

ROUND #2

Remember, win this one and you'll win a prize, so take a minute to think of a good answer for this category, which is...

THE EUROPEAN UNION

I wanted a classic question that wouldn't be too difficult for this one (also something relating to Eurovision - sort of). Bear in mind the show has been going for a while, so some answers that used to be pointless score points these days (depending on the round and how many options there are ). So, I gave 100 people 100 seconds to name as many...

EU COUNTRIES THAT BEGIN OR END WITH THE LETTERS 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', OR 'E'

...as they could. Good luck!!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 24-05-2016 21:20
Croatia
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 24-05-2016 21:25
Slovenia.... I think...?
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-05-2016 22:26
I didn't even realize you had posted the results of round one on page 2. Oops.

Uhm, I guess I'll go with... Latvia and hope for the best here.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-05-2016 22:28
Oh yeah, I usually re-post them when we change pages, sorry.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 24-05-2016 22:33
Slovakia
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-05-2016 23:41
On second thought, this isn't the easiest geography rounds. Quite a few of the contestants on the show guessed at countries that aren't (yet) in the EU...
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-05-2016 23:41
Which isn't my way of saying you're all wrong, honest.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 25-05-2016 00:26
lol, I knew this category had to do with the EU, but when I was trying to make a choice, I was only thinking about Eurovision (and trying to picture a map in my head). I realize now that I didn't ask myself if my choice was even in the EU. Oops.

Joe's pick was one of the other ones I was considering.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 25-05-2016 01:36
Bulgaria
Joeyy
Joeyy | 25-05-2016 19:26
Haha. To be honest, Jen, I do the same (but knowingly). There are a lot of us (Brits, at least) who have lost track of who isn't and is in the EU. When I'm playing along at home and a question like this comes up, I think of Eurovision and hope for the best.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 25-05-2016 19:29
ROUND #1 RESULTS

Eleven players; four of you leaving this round and five in the next. A few surprising results here, I thought!

Jeremy: 76 (DRAUGHT / DRAFT)
Practice: 64 (FREEZE / FRIEZE)
Meg: 60 (STATIONARY / STATIONERY)
Lisa: 52 (CANVAS / CANVASS)

Celine: 35 (FAWN / FAUN)
Sarah: 34 (ASSENT / ASCENT)
Joe: 25 (HOARD / HORDE)
Carl: 19 (DISCREET / DISCRETE)
Jen: 15 (PRINCIPAL / PRINCIPLE)
Kaleb: 14 (COARSE / COURSE)
Jeff: 8 (POUR / PORE)

I thought Jeff's was going to be the highest-scoring. Shows what I know after years of watching. Commiserations to Jeremy (sorry to kick you while you're down ), Practice, Meg, and Lisa! And congrats to Celine, Sarah, Joe, Carl, Jen, Kaleb, and Jeff! Great score there, Jeff.

These were the results from Round One, so still to answer we've got Carl and Kaleb.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 26-05-2016 15:50
Estonia
CarlJ
CarlJ | 27-05-2016 16:44
Sorry, didn't mean to hold everyone up.......

Belarus
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2016 19:43
Fittingly, my polling card arrived today. On the 23rd of June the UK will be voting to remain in or to leave the European Union (but voters voting via post can send theirs now). It's a big deal and everything so far has suggested the country is fairly evenly split.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2016 20:22
ROUND #2 RESULTS

But now for our results! The co-host Richard actually read the scores out in French - the round was on a celebrity edition of Pointless that aired before the Eurovision Song Contest (on which Richard later made a guest appearance to announce the UK's votes). So, the two who go through to the Head-to-Head of our 50 quizth aaare...

Carl: X 100 (BELARUS)
Celine: 31 (CROATIA)
Kaleb: 26 (ESTONIA)
Sarah: 19 (BULGARIA)
Jen: 11 (LATVIA)

Joe: 5 (SLOVAKIA)
Jeff: 3 (SLOVENIA)

Jeff and Joe! Slovakia and Slovenia scoring low there as always in these Europe-related geography rounds. Congrats, you two! And commiserations to the rest of you. Sorry, Carl, Belarus not in the EU at the moment. Thanks, as always, for playing!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-05-2016 20:50
Wow! Another low scoring round!

My other options I was going with were Czech Republic, Austria and Latvia.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 27-05-2016 21:46
Ahh well. No one is perfect. Had to make a guess. Congrats Joe and Jeff.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 27-05-2016 23:20
Oh no, 2 boys in the head-to-head round. There must have been a mistake somewhere. But I am convinced I am not leaving the game, I have not lost yet.

Too soon to announce the results and tell that Croatia scored more than Slovakia. I disagree with many of you. I am not leaving, so please, let me continue playing.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 00:05
Oh boy...
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 28-05-2016 01:11
So Celine, what are you wearing?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 01:26
Hahahaha.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-05-2016 01:37
Sorry, that's just the way the game works, Celine. You can have an honorary virtual medal for your participation. You did a good job.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 28-05-2016 01:53
Don't be sorry for that, Joey, you shouldn't be. I don't think I would participate next time, please don't consider me as a loser, that would make me sad. That's too bad I have to go back working as an artist mod here, I don't have the heart!

I thought I was good at guessing Eurovision countries - that's why I said I was not leaving this topic.

I agree with the "honorary" medal term. Agree with the "good job" terms too since it is not the end of the Pointless 50, not even for me or any of the 11 contestants. Let them encourage finalists!

You're getting close, Joe and Jeff! I won't even say anything else.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: