LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 3
Add topic
Search
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 26-04-2016 03:47
The Rules

Participants will be given some type of subject from which to make a choice (favorite book, what you wanted to be when you grew up, etc) and will submit their choice to the host via PM by the submission deadline (see below).

The host will then post a list of all the submissions verbatim (along with the host's submission, plus one or two fake submissions) in alphabetical order, and a list of the submitters in alphabetical order.

Participants will have until the second deadline to try to match the correct submitter with the correct submission and post their answers in this thread. Please remove your own name and answer from the list, along with whichever one you believe is fake. Other than the host, anyone is allowed to participate in this section of the game, regardless of whether or not they submitted a choice.

After the second deadline has passed, the host will post the correct answers, as well as the total number of correct guesses by each guesser. Obviously the winner is the person or people with the most correct guesses. The person or people with the fewest correct guesses will have to be the host and winner's personal slave for the remainder of the year.

The Scenario

You have found, won, randomly earned or inherited $100,000 (£even better, don't know number) (€also great, don't know number). Probably a less creative Guess Who, but let's see how we would spend the money. Yes, you have to spend it. I guess you don't have to spend it, you just can't keep it. You can lose it if you want. And for those who are picky, if you found it, the original owner died or something. So he won't be coming back to claim it. No worries, spend that dough. You don't have to go in to detail about how much you spend where and on what. I don't need a fake receipt.

The Deadlines

Whenever I say so.

Extended if necessary.
76 to 88 of 88 comments
page 4 of 4
CarlJ
CarlJ | 27-05-2016 16:48
congrats Joey!
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 27-05-2016 19:12
Lmao! Yes ma'am I would! I've had this conversation with Scott after we got back from our honeymoon from Disney. I wanted our next trip to be a cruise. He hates flying on planes and wasn't too fond of the cruise idea. Told me to take a girlfriend instead bc it would be more enjoyable. He's more of a relax and lay by a beach guy.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-05-2016 01:35
Gary wants to go on a cruise some distant time in the future (there's a lot of things we want to do, who knows what we'll actually do). I'm not too keen on it. What if you fall off!? Or Titanic, or the boat just stops working like that one a few years back. I don't like the idea of being stuck on a boat with no escape route. I'd rather just fly to some Caribbean island and hang out for a few days, rather than being stuck on a boat for a week.

Also, congrats Joey.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-05-2016 01:40
Thanks. I feel like a big cheat going last, haha.

No cruises for me. The sickness bugs seem to spread like wildfire on them. Ick.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-05-2016 01:43
Poor air circulation on cruise ships. Bugs pass around easy.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 28-05-2016 01:44
Some here worry also about the diseases aboard ship, or fires at sea, etc...

Then don't forget these sage words of advice:

Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 01:49
So who's next if we are even doing this anymore?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-05-2016 01:55
Ew. My skin's crawling just from this conversation.

I have one in mind, but I did one recently and we usually have a bit of a break between them. I think Practice wanted a go.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 01:59
Sounds good to me!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 28-05-2016 02:05
As the originator of this game, I have many ideas for future ones, but the one I mentioned about was and is too close to this last topic to do right away.... I gave it away in a recent poll that Scott advised me to save it for a Guess Who.... so after a week spacing, if no one else wants to go I'll pick another one of my ideas to use so its not similar to Sierra's great one!

Unless someone who HAS NOT gone before wants to try it.... where is Joe? Jeremy hasn't been on one since number 2 I think the Reguessing?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 28-05-2016 02:08
I guess I'll just have to walk if I want to go anywhere.... ( hmmmmmmm.........walking on water....now where have I heard that before??)
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-05-2016 21:38
Cruise ships are getting too big. if i went on one, would need to be a smaller ship
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-05-2016 00:54
Carl, there are all sizes and budgets for cruise ships nowadays. Its big business for the travel industry. Saw article somewhere, comparing sizes of the cruise ships with amenities aboard. Smaller ones, have less amenities, but you feel closer to the other passengers and crew, and less lost in those giant floating resort hotel ships they have today.

There are Viking (and other company) expensive, but nice "river" cruises. No worries about capsizing in middle of ocean. Benefit of these is you go from place to place historically on the rivers in various countries, and like a snail, you carry your "floating hotel" with you! No need to pack and unpack as you scramble to try and visit city after city on a guided tour of a foreign country. Sounds nice to try, and the meals are fantastic for those cooks among us who enjoy such gastronomic treats by world class chefs.

Carl didn't mark it as offtopic so I do not mark it either....
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: