LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Can't link songs or add genres to albums [solved]

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-04-2016 20:24
Yet another error has sprouted up! This one I ran into this morning.

I tried linking an album and then pressing the save button, only to get this message:

"The form cannot be saved, no changes were found."

Adding genres seems to work fine, but only at first. Once I press "save", I go to the song page and no genres have been added.
13 comments
Ray
Ray | 20-04-2016 20:30
I've been working on that part, so very likely I messed up

What was the album you got this error?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-04-2016 20:40
Jupe Jupe - Crooked Kisses [2014]

But it seems to apply to all albums, as I tested it with others.
Ray
Ray | 20-04-2016 20:54
Link issued fixed... 50% progress

I don't fully understand the problem with the album genre form. A genre can only be added on linked songs. When no links have been made yet, the genre form can't be used. Perhaps that was your other issue.

I do see, it still presents the tracklist when there are no linked song. That should not be the case. Going to renice that. If you have other genre issues, let me know
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-04-2016 21:06
Nope, that wasn't the problem. On a different album that already had the songs linked, I tried linking the songs via the "set genres" page. It appeared it had added the genres to them, but when I went to the song page, the genres were still empty on it. Example: I used the set genres page to make "Have You Heard the News" from this album Pop, but when I went to the song page, the genre was still empty.

It also seems that I can't remove genres. Strangely enough, I was able to add a genre to one of the Jupe Jupe songs from the set genres page. Not sure why I was able to here - it seems rather arbitrary. However, because I added a random genre to it as a test, I tried removing it afterwards, but got another eternal loading circle (similar to the issue Scott reported where he couldn't link albums because the loading circle kept going forever).
Ray
Ray | 20-04-2016 21:28
Ok, that was a lot info Let's organize it a bit

A) the song-link issue.. fixed?
B) the genre issue, was the genre there when you went to the song edit form after setting it through the album genre form? If it was there, the genre changes were correctly saved into the system, but something went wrong in the cache flush system. You were seeing an old page.
C) If "B" was not the issue, I need an example please
D) Also an example needed for the loading-icon

Thanks
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-04-2016 21:34
A) Yup, I can link songs fine now.
B) Nope, the genre wasn't there when I went to the song edit form. That's why I was a bit confused. I'm used to the cache taking a second for the genre to show up, but in this case it actually says the genre is still empty.
C) Example of error detailed in pictures
D) I already gave an example for the loading icon, I set this Jupe Jupe song to Alternative as a test (which isn't the actual genre, I just used the first genre in the list as a test), and when I try to remove the genre I get the loading icon forever. It's worth noting that, for some reason, I was able to set this genre from the album form just fine, whereas it didn't work with the Jigsaw song.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-04-2016 22:10
Some follow-up info on C: I worked on some other albums and I was able to set their genres just fine. It seems like it's just this particular song, as I set genres for another song from this same album and it worked. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the particular song I first tried to set the genre on is on more than one album?

The issue with the eternal loading icon appearing when you remove a genre still happens on other song pages, though.
Ray
Ray | 20-04-2016 22:12
... or maybe because I just fixed it 2 min ago
I also fixed the loading icon.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-04-2016 22:16
Awesome Ray, thank you so much!

While you're here, got yet another issue here for you...perhaps it's already on your to-do list, but it doesn't hurt to let you know.
Ray
Ray | 20-04-2016 22:17
Thanks you for the assistance! Nice work!

Got the other thread on my radar
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-04-2016 22:18
No problem And good to hear.

I'm about to make another Support thread about something I PMed you about a few months ago - I'd imagine it's long lost in your PMs now and will be better (and quicker) answered on a Support thread. This time it's not really an issue, but a pop-up on the site that I don't understand and have only seen once.
Ray
Ray | 20-04-2016 22:21
sure, no problem to make a new thread
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-04-2016 22:23
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: