LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #184

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 19-04-2016 21:58
This is dedicated to waffles, JJ, and Matt because yum, yum and last time I won a Randomness over 9000 years ago, it was because we cheated.
---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
2,126 to 2,150 of 5,003 comments
page 86 of 201
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 04:33
It's called, "Deer Run." It's a winery too and they have amazing cigars.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 28-05-2016 04:54
Former roommate is a huge Thrice fan - made me listen to the new single when it came out a few weeks back and I liked it a lot. Once I finally get fucking Internet I'll be streaming the album. My music listening has been pathetic
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 28-05-2016 06:36
Dear, has the delay been cut? I can't edit my message 14 minutes (yes, fourteen) after posting.

Please, let me check spelling errors - that's all I have to do avec frustration, since I can report them.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 28-05-2016 07:08
My dog is way too wound up for 3 am. I'm going to need her to not wake me up first thing in the morning because she napped too much.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 28-05-2016 07:45
Mine still says 15 mins.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 28-05-2016 08:14
she napped too much.

Yes, high energy dog with a lower energy human is definitely a problem!

If you work out with her before she and you go to sleep (?) just makes you worse tired and dog still gets up (but not so much energy).

Its again all about "obedience". If she can be trained to be housebroken (keep it in until you walk her outside), so too can she, with proper care and training, be taught "don't disturb her owner" until whatever time in the morning you DO want to get up (unless a burglar etc occurs, you want to teach your faithful guardian dog that there are exceptions to the rule, right?---again all this may cost you in money, but think of the cost right now to your health and ability to do a job that are being compromised by a too energetic dog at 3 am!!!)
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 08:47
Freaking rabbit won't stop making all of this noise.

11 hours to go! Just glad I got enough sleep already haha.
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 28-05-2016 09:43
Hah I love that place! It's got great wine too. I used to run by it all the time when i actually worked out.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-05-2016 12:02
And back for day two here at work. Overslept......thankfully a slow weekend. Watched DeadPool......NOT one for kids definitely......very funny...but wow!
JDolla
JDolla | 28-05-2016 12:52
I'll have to give the newbThrice a listen. I loved their first few, Identity Crisis, Illusion of Safety, Artist in the Ambulance. They kind of lost me with their Alchemy Index albums though.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-05-2016 12:53
I lost track of Thrice after Artist and the Ambulance. I've heard songs here and there but not full albums. I'll have to check the new one out.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 13:11
Can't wait for twelve hours from now! It'll be all done!
JDolla
JDolla | 28-05-2016 13:45
I gave a quick listen, and all i could think about is how old the singer sounds to me now. Probably because i didn't listen to anything they did for the last decade or so, but his voice is strikingly different. I actually had to wikipedia check to see if it was a new singer. Its not bad though, just not what I expected.

The music style is obviously different as well, but i think it fits a more mature band. I still like the old stuff better, but this isn't bad.

Old

New
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 28-05-2016 13:46
ooooooh boy!
For all you horror fans.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 28-05-2016 14:19
I didn't get into Thrice until Vheissu and Major/Minor was one of, if not my favourite records in 2011, saw them twice in support of that record

they're a band that evolves with every record and i don't feel betrayed by the evolution, which is tough to do. I have trouble articulating why i like them, but man the music just kicks ass
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 14:39
91* already...
JDolla
JDolla | 28-05-2016 15:58
There's something to be said for a band that can evolve and re-tool their sound every album or two and make it work. It takes a lot of cohesion as a group to make top notch muisc in different forms every few years. They have to either be on the same page or at least be flexible enough to change their individual styles to make it work right, and not every band can pull that off.

Look at how many bands break up or lose members due to "creative differences". Granted, half the time that's music industry speak for "I'm sick of these douchebags" or "we were sick of that dude's attitude", but still.

It helps Thrice that they've never obtained more than mild commercial success too, they have lower sales expectations to live up to and less pressure to produce platinum albums. A loyal fanbase keeps them funded, so they can just kinda go out there and make what they want to make.

All That Remains is kind of in the same boat. Listen to 3 songs from each album starting with This Darkened Heart through their most recent album. Night and day from start to finish. They did it more subtly, becoming softer and more melodic each album, kind of working their way to where they are now.

Avenged Sevenfold did the same thing, planning each album to do a little less screaming each time until they got to Bat Country and Avenged Sevenfold, completely clean singing. Go listen to Waking the Fallen then jump straight to Nightmare. Might as well be two different bands, both good at what they do, but miles apart musically.

Im rambling, but whatever.
JDolla
JDolla | 28-05-2016 16:00
Also Fall Out Boy. Totally different band from where they started, top of their game every album, different every album. I'm done pontificating.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 16:31
Just downpoured out of nowhere.. That means it's gonna be even more hot now, haha.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-05-2016 17:54
Was not planning on using the pool for at least a few weeks, after it's had time to warm up, but holy fuck.. i might need that ice bath today.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-05-2016 18:35
30 minutes to go!!!!!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-05-2016 18:52
I thought you'd done it already. Hope it's a nice wedding.

Send me some of your warm weather!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-05-2016 18:55
You have Ferrero Rocher there, right? So good.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-05-2016 19:32
not a great day....just had to repower a load from a driver who shot himself. so ready to get out of here today
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-05-2016 19:43
What did that involve, Carl? Sorry you experienced that today.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: