LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #184

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 19-04-2016 21:58
This is dedicated to waffles, JJ, and Matt because yum, yum and last time I won a Randomness over 9000 years ago, it was because we cheated.
---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
2,026 to 2,050 of 5,003 comments
page 82 of 201
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-05-2016 04:17
Spoiler Alert!!!!!
Unless, a year from now, they (comic book authors) reveal that unknown to all of us, restoring Steve Rogers to his youthful appearance opened a crack in the time continuum and all this stuff about him being Hydra is actually one big story "arch" is the term they use, for a rift into an alternate universe which closes as suddenly as it opens with Captain America back to normal again...... sigh of relief in all our values are restored (sorry for giving out Spoilers...should I have put a warning note here up first?)
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 26-05-2016 04:21
Super heroes - Still remain confused as to their popularity among every demographic. My childhood must have been much more unique than I thought.

Ever since Joe asked about new Blink, I've listened to the song a few more times. I can't tell if I actually kinda like the song now or if it's a weird placebo thing tricking my mind into liking it since Joe and Anth both do.

Penguins in the cup? What a wild ride it's been watching as a casual fan in Pittsburgh who regularly listens to Pittsburgh sports radio. Game 7s are Gods gift to sports fans.

Toronto got their shit pushed in tonight. 40 point lead by Cleveland in the 3rd... Wat. Hard to believe Toronto ever won a game in this series let alone 2. How does this terrible team fool me briefly each year?

Am I crazy for wanting to keep my engagement ring under $1500? After this crazy overtime stretch I'm going to start more seriously looking at rings but I'm gonna set a hard cap on what I'll spend. &1500 - $2000 unreasonable? Currently jealous of those with dead grandmas who passed on rings.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 26-05-2016 04:27
I don't think that price range is unreasonable at all. But it will depend on where you shop. Tiffany & Co wouldn't fall in that range, but Zales, Jared and possible BlueNile would. Unless your woman wants a huge rock, in that case, good luck!
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 26-05-2016 04:42
Something about a cushion cut and a karat. But the weight does or doesn't count other things around the diamond part? Fuck if I know, these are phrases I've accidentally heard while deflecting marriage convo the past few months. This shit is so stupid to me.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-05-2016 08:28
I read that as them making him be a plant. As in a tree kind of plant.

Not unreasonable at all. There are lovely rings for less, and I don't see why you'd have to ruin yourself for a ring.

We're switching computers at work. I got the new one yesterday, so now of course nothing works. Tried turning it off and back on, but it's not even capable of turning off. If this had happened last week I'd be a big ball of stress. Now it's just mildly annoying.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-05-2016 09:14
Boo this night of sleep.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 26-05-2016 11:56
Attempting to watch Kindergarten Cop 2, but Dolph Lundgren is making the experience awkward.

Whose your daddy and what does he do?

Isn't there some rule where the rings cost is supposed to be 3 months of your salary? I've always heard that, mostly from movies and tv shows though, so it must be true.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 26-05-2016 11:57
Toronto got their shit pushed in tonight. 40 point lead by Cleveland in the 3rd... Wat. Hard to believe Toronto ever won a game in this series let alone 2. How does this terrible team fool me briefly each year?

when DDR and Lowry play well, they're actually a really tough team to defend, if they're off the team is a flaming garbage fire in that happens to be the best in a bad division

Would love a Pens/Sharks final

also a death of a character and ret-conning them back to life isn't as bad as taking a big steamy dump all over what a character has stood for over 50+ years, it's weird. like this is Brand New Day bad piece of ret-con, might take a while for book sales to recover from this
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-05-2016 12:56
Isn't there some rule where the rings cost is supposed to be 3 months of your salary? I've always heard that, mostly from movies and tv shows though, so it must be true.

Yes, it "was" true but NOT today 2016! Read this great guy's web site

Something about a cushion cut and a karat. But the weight does or doesn't count other things around the diamond part? F*** if I know, these are phrases I've accidentally heard while deflecting marriage convo the past few months. This s*** is so stupid to me.

Understanding the 4 C's (carat, color, clarity, and cut)

More here ---great one article for you to read and you're the "expert" Kurt, Good Luck!

---------
A different take on this:
By the way---I appreciate this "view" from a woman's perspecive Kurt.... Take HER with you! else:

You can also take diamonds and stick them up your ***; I don't really like them. And that's another thing: how is your SO supposed to divine what style of ring YOU will want to wear for the rest of your life? Why does he get to choose it? My SO would NEVER have even found the ring I picked, never mind known that it's what I would want. He would have gone to some jewelry store and picked out [insert generic diamond solitaire engagement ring here] because what does he know about buying rings except that jewelry stores sell them and that diamonds are "tradition" (created by the diamond industry to convince non-rich people to buy diamonds)? - See more at: http://www.financialsamurai.com/the-new-rule-for-engagement-ring-buying/#sthash.jF6rqHsM.dpuf
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-05-2016 13:21

I've been getting a bloody nose a few times throughout the day lately. I blame the air.

Don't go all practicy on me practice with a long post on bloody noses.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-05-2016 13:26
ok Jeff, just don't bleed out all over my computer screen here!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-05-2016 13:47
I'll keep that in mind.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-05-2016 16:50
Finally got my haircut after three-four months.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 26-05-2016 17:21
Finally got my haircut after three-four months.

Post a photo Jeff! (don't be funny.....non-nude one please).

A before/after one is good choice too! (with or without Nova).
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-05-2016 17:22
It takes oil paint 3-12 days to dry?! I don't have 3-12 days.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-05-2016 17:23
No, Practice.

What were you painting?
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 26-05-2016 17:27
I was trying to paint something for my mom for Mother's Day. (I'm not very good, but once in a while I enjoy trying, and she says sometimes I should try because she thought I was good when I was younger, so I thought it would be nice.) But Swedish Mother's Day is this Sunday, and I'm leaving tomorrow so it's not gonna be dry enough to travel.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-05-2016 17:31
It's the thought that counts!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-05-2016 19:59
Shit on the wall. That's a new one...
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 26-05-2016 21:49
How well a server deals with the nonsense my kid throws at them is now a factor in tipping. Today, he was ridiculous and talkative and she handled it very well. Extra tip.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-05-2016 22:02
Haha, was he running all over the store?

How much was the tip?
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 26-05-2016 22:23
I don't want a large farva.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 26-05-2016 22:25
I had a coupon for a free kids meal when you but an adult meal, so I tipped the cost of the free meal ($6). Not gonna make her rich, but the bill was only $13... so not terrible either.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 26-05-2016 22:28
And no, he was not running around. He doesn't act like that in public (at least not for long. I don't allow it and he is disciplined if he starts it). He just talks a lot, asks a lot of questions, and is loud. It can be a lot sometimes, especially when the person is trying to help multiple tables.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-05-2016 22:44
Well there's nothing wrong with that.

Are the questions he asks obnoxious?
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: