LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #184

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 19-04-2016 21:58
This is dedicated to waffles, JJ, and Matt because yum, yum and last time I won a Randomness over 9000 years ago, it was because we cheated.
---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
626 to 650 of 5,003 comments
page 26 of 201
JDolla
JDolla | 29-04-2016 00:28
Well, we already knew who was going 1 and 2, the rest of the top 10 should be pretty interesting. There's some great potential talent and a couple teams who have the chance to be decent next year(and also Cleveland) picking the next 8.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 29-04-2016 00:36
I know a whole 3 names in this group of players, but it's interesting to see what positions the teams are going for.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-04-2016 00:44
I know Carson Wentz and Jared Groff. That's it.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 29-04-2016 00:46
Baby Gronk, Baby Watt, and some guy from Syracuse who "broke the 40 yd record" at the combine. Those are the three I know.
JDolla
JDolla | 29-04-2016 00:48
The jags now have what could be a pretty good defense. They were at least competitive all last year, if ramsey plays as well at the next level as he did in college and fowler comes back healthy, they might shock people in 16.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-04-2016 00:48
Beer is good. Beer is good. Beer is good. And stuff.
JDolla
JDolla | 29-04-2016 01:01
Haha, that twitter bong pick can't be helping tunsil. Already has character issues out the ass and was still good enough to be considered a top 10 pick before that. It'd be interesting to find out if that was new and/or he was really hacked.

And of course Chip Kelly reaches, wasting too early of a pick for a decent DE just because he was an Oregon player.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 29-04-2016 01:02
I caught the tail end of that conversation. Don't know who he is.
JDolla
JDolla | 29-04-2016 01:05
Up until like yeaterday, he was considered the top tackle in the draft class. It was said that if Tennessee hadn't traded the #1 pick they would have taken him first overall. Now with the trade that just happened they still might get him.
JDolla
JDolla | 29-04-2016 01:06
Never mind, they changed their mind for some reason haha.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-04-2016 02:27
Draft day
, .........
Who's watching?

Thanks for alerting me....I'd never know otherwise ..

I found it on ESPN-HD so I see its today and three other days? Rounds 1 to 3 till Saturday, is that correct?

Just trying to follow what is happening
(Don't they know in advance who is picked to make out the Jerseys with their names on it?
So why are we just finding out now? Is that how it works? )

(probably need long worded answers so sorry if someone has to type a lot)
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-04-2016 02:28
Paxton Lynch, haha poor guy.
JDolla
JDolla | 29-04-2016 02:30
The first round, usually the most watched, is tonight. Second is tomorrow, third saturday, and 4-7 sunday I bekieve. And no, they don't make the picks ahead of time. The names get attached to jerseys after the pick is made.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-04-2016 02:35
Think Denver is gonna take Lynch, Jeremy?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-04-2016 03:00
I'm not familiar with these names (not that I would know any of the major ones), but it appears these are new additions to the teams rosters?

So the majority of the team stays together, these are just new ones added in ?

(And someone mentioned they took someone who might be a good "trade" for person next year) So no guarantee they stay with the team chosen in the draft, am I right?

Oh, do they just randomly choose by position? What if they run out of one type of position today, and have none left for the other teams or rounds 2 , 3, 4? Is there a hidden order to the positions that I'm not seeing? (trying to type & send during commercial breaks so not to bother you all so much)

Are they booing the team or the fact they are up for a pick before their favorite team picks?

So that is why Courtyard Marriott is doing so many NFL commercials of late... they hold the draft in their meeting/banquet room! (In Chicago....I see the famous fountain ---the one shown in "Married with Children" if anyone remembers that far back.)
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-04-2016 03:04
Denver picking up Paxton Lynch, not a bad move, not a good move though.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 29-04-2016 03:06
Tunsil situation - top OL in the draft, expected to go top 5. Had character concerns. Step dad sued him the day before the draft. Conflicting reports on why, but seems like he whooped his step dads ass. During the draft, his Twitter posts a video of him smoking pot then later messages between him and his coach talking about accepting money (not allowed). Basically someone had his Twitter info and is purposely sabotaging him. Likely cost him about 10 million dollars tonight
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 29-04-2016 03:11
Baseball! It was fun, very little awkwardness. Jacksonville Suns won. I wanted to punch the hecklers in the face, the things they were yelling didn't make any sense! We didn't get to ride the water taxi, we ended up using Uber.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-04-2016 03:12
Sarah and Jeff! who likes Green Bay Packers (Aaron Rodgers)---they got a cheer not a boo when their draft pick was announced.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-04-2016 03:12
And Green Bay took Kenny Clark. Interesting... Welcome to the family.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-04-2016 03:14
You forgot to add me to that post too, bro.
JDolla
JDolla | 29-04-2016 03:14
Yes, the teams more or less stay together. Players are under contract for a set amount of years, so unless they get traded or released by the team they stick around at least that many years. Usually. The draft is all former college players, seniors and a handful of juniors in 2015. Teams can pick any position they want. No chance of "running out" of a position for the most part, there are over 200 colleges with football teams and only 32 pro teams. No hidden position order. Teams are ordered by their record last year. Team with the worst picks first, super bowl winner last. They're booing the guy announcing the picks, the commissioner of the league. He isn't popular with fans. Courtyard paid espn a shitload of money to be a major sponsor and get all the ad time. Its not being held in one.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-04-2016 03:15
Myles Jack is really gonna fall out of this first round? His rank is pretty high though.. The way these teams are thinking is really interesting, too.
JDolla
JDolla | 29-04-2016 03:21
What the fuck are you doing, San Francisco? Trade back into the first round for someone that nobody is going after, someone who probably would have fallen to you in the second round anyway? Does Chip Kelly have more personell sway then you guys let on when you hired him? Because that kind of stupid shit reeks of him.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 29-04-2016 03:23
I thought SF openly gave Chip a lot of GM responsibility?? Paxton Lynch - perfect spot for him. Myles Jack must have a REALLY bad knee
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: