LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Box Set Error (Maximum is 20)

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01-04-2016 07:40
Hi! While updating the site (and a BIG surprise to me), there is an Elvis Presley Box Set called The RCA Albums Collection (2016). We have it here. The box set is 60 CDs and the LSI only allows 20 CDs to be input into the system. I've went ahead and added the 20 albums already, but now we can't add the 40 other albums.
5 comments
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-04-2016 09:49
Great work Scott!

I didn't know LSI had any sort of limit there.

Got me to thinking if I could discover more "box sets" that were not listed on LSI over its history because of such limitations (or maybe were listed, but truncated the sets).

Then we could persuade Ray to lift the limit due to these larger sets.... (or maybe he just has to make "exceptions" for the few sets that are that large?---whichever is easier for him to do).

Your discovery of the 60 set of CDs seems to be the largest ever!

I found a few below here.... that also do not appear to be on LSI by searching
(No I did not search the every one of the 100 listed box sets of someone's favorite below, I listed the link for the brave to check out each one if they have the time---I had the interest but not the time for that!)

So here we go:

The Complete Album Collection Vol. One Box set, Import
Bob Dylan's First one is easy, it has 47 CD Albums so it never would have been fully listed (if it ever was listed) on LSI

Box sets of CD Search using Google!

Box Sets available from Best Buy (a national retail store here in the USA)

Someone's choices for top 100 Box sets for all time

Inside I choose to investigate further:
The Complete Buddy Holly Collection [1979]

Is 13 LPs I think (track sets are listed and described as A to M?--- that's 13 "sides" of LP's which is in my book 7 LP's) long (but a reviewer says its just a 6 disc set)

Who are we to believe when getting information from the web or from old companies no longer in the business? (Just a general question---I'm certain there is no one answer for me).
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 01-04-2016 14:18
Just add two other albums, each album will have 20 discs and title each as "The RCA Albums Collection, 1" and then "2" and "3". I guess.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 01-04-2016 16:15
Good idea Sierra!
Any way to check the LSI listings to see if anyone has used this method already to get around the limitation?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-04-2016 04:41
Ray, I haven't heard from you. Are you wanting us to do what Sierra recommended or do you think you'll edit the site so you can add more albums on one release? Thank you.
Ray
Ray | 29-09-2016 20:14
I like Sierra's idea
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: