en

Randomness Is The Answer #183

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-02-2016 13:52
Stole the win, oops.

I'd like to dedicate this one to the amazing pizza parlor in my town.

Also dedicating this one to Jeremy's return.
---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
76 to 100 of 5,001 comments
page 4 of 201
Lyrics_Lover_11
Lyrics_Lover_11 | 13-02-2016 21:11
I watched an interesting documentary about the overuse of solitary confinement but I don't remember the title.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 13-02-2016 21:23
new pic.......Nikki and I this past Tuesday having lunch at her school.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 13-02-2016 21:23
Friday is gonna be 42*. That's gonna be a damn heat wave.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 13-02-2016 21:27
oh, btw...where are we at with Pointless? I haven't been on enough of late to know when it will be on again, eh Joey?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 13-02-2016 21:40
Corn is a great food to eat while your sick.

Did a shit load of math today too.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-02-2016 21:48
Cute pic. I think it should've been this week, but we decided a while back to do it around the Guess Who games.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-02-2016 21:51
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves documentaries. I watched a few episodes of Making a Murderer yesterday. Seems like some crazy shit went down.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 13-02-2016 22:31
ok,, thanks. watched the BB King one, The Life of Riley last nite. it was really good.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 13-02-2016 22:43
Duke sucks.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 13-02-2016 23:30
wow....Supreme Court Justice Scalia died today. Natural causes.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 13-02-2016 23:35
There's often a fee to cash a check at a bank that you don't have an account with, but if you have an account there it's free

My bank will cash checks that are drawn on us for free for people who don't have accounts, but we don't cash checks that are drawn off of other banks for non-customers. We make exceptions for SSI checks and (right now) tax return checks with a fee.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 13-02-2016 23:36
I completely forgot to cash my first check today. Oops.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 13-02-2016 23:50
wow....Supreme Court Justice Scalia died today. Natural causes.

Hate to speak ill of the dead, but that is a huge boost to those that enjoy civil liberties and equality in america

let us remember Scalia as the last surviving SCJ to vote Bowers vs Hardwick, in 86 which kept homosexual acts criminalized, in 03 he voted to uphold it, vehemeately argued for states rights to imprison homosexuals for sex and wrote: "Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached"

Feel bad for his family, happy for America as a whole that this guy no longer gets to make decisions that shape America
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 13-02-2016 23:57
Extremely true - Scalia consistently ruled against social progressiveness throughout his tenure so his passing is just another small Jenga piece to the tower that is the old guard conservative establishment.

Usually in not into politics but after seeing the stunts that Hillary has pulled lately my anti Hillary boner is reaching critical levels. She's just such a slimy Wall Street bullshitter. It infuriates me seeing any of my peers on social media post positive things about her. Expect my whiny anger about HRC to continue for the next year or so
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 14-02-2016 00:21
I think at this point I'd vote for the candidate who says they won't put up any ads and won't call me.

Im sorry he's dead but he needed to go.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 14-02-2016 01:05
Per the Onion: Justice Scalia Dead Following 30-Year Battle With Social Progress
JDolla
JDolla | 14-02-2016 01:23
I'm getting more and more disheartened by the political environment in this country. Current conservatives are way too far to the right for my taste, and the liberals lean too far left. The two most viable candidates for 2016 are Donald "White is Right" Trump and Comrade Bernie Sanders. What the hell happened to the political center? Social progressivism paired with fiscal conservatism?
fishmunky
fishmunky | 14-02-2016 01:26
No such thing.

even if you go back and study 130+ years of western democracy, every right leaning, fiscal conservative party to lead nationally tends to actually spend more tax payer money (mostly due to war hawking) than the left leaning counterparts.

It's a weird thing, Americans have this idea that only Republicans handle money correctly, but time over time they spend money like water and drive debt up further without actual improving anything else
JDolla
JDolla | 14-02-2016 01:36
Goddamnit Anth it's my pipe dream, let me have it
fishmunky
fishmunky | 14-02-2016 02:07
I'm not saying it can't be done, Canada's Liberal party in the 90s introduced a sales tax that got people all pissy, but kept a surplus of close to a billion dollars for a decade, avoided the warhawking in the early 2000s and kept banking well regulated, one of the reasons that Canada bounced back better from the recesion in 08 than other western nations

but American style left/right politics has wrecked havok on our federal system as well. hard left right seems to be the way it goes now, and its super disappointing.

That said right now while interest rates are as low as they've ever been, no country should be preaching austerity, this is literally the best time to try and stimulate spending by upgrading infrastructure, creating jobs and repairing and replacing things that have fallen behind in years where this kind of thing fell by the way-side

but infrastructure spending is the least sexy election issue ever so it never gets addressed
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-02-2016 02:10
Feel better, Jeff, congrats on your win.

Yeah, it's biweekly for me, too. I prefer weekly or biweekly. Monthly is a rare thing - I think teachers get paid that way. I guess you'd manage it. First job was paper checks paid weekly. They cashed them if you asked which was nice. Then, I asked about direct deposit, I loved it because they deposited it a day earlier. . I always sign up for that option.

Got my pinchme box. Yippie! Nice to get in the mail.
Lyrics_Lover_11
Lyrics_Lover_11 | 14-02-2016 02:23
Off to go see evil dead the musical
JDolla
JDolla | 14-02-2016 02:24
"Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat."

It's a 'T'. It goes 'tuhh'."

"Hello little man. I WILL DESTROY YOU"
fishmunky
fishmunky | 14-02-2016 02:29
Morbo is among the greatest background characters on a tv show ever

Linda: In all, this is one day Mittens the Kitten won't soon forget.
Morbo: [Laughs.] Kittens give Morbo gas.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-02-2016 02:33
Morbo is a star, how dare you
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: