en

Guess Who #12: Dinner Invitation [Results]

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 25-01-2016 00:21
The Rules

Participants will be given some type of subject from which to make a choice (favorite book, what you wanted to be when you grew up, etc) and will submit their choice to the host via PM by the submission deadline (see below).

The host will then post a list of all the submissions verbatim (along with the host's submission, plus one or two fake submissions) in alphabetical order, and a list of the submitters in alphabetical order.

Participants will have until the second deadline to try to match the correct submitter with the correct submission and post their answers in this thread. Please remove your own name and answer from the list, along with whichever one you believe is fake. Other than the host, anyone is allowed to participate in this section of the game, regardless of whether or not they submitted a choice.

After the second deadline has passed, the host will post the correct answers, as well as the total number of correct guesses by each guesser. Obviously the winner is the person or people with the most correct guesses. The person or people with the fewest correct guesses will have to be the host and winner's personal masseuse/s (masseurs?) for the remainder of the year.

The Scenario

I'm going with a classic (inspired by the second round of this Pointless quiz): You're given the opportunity to dine/spend the evening with anyone of your choice - dead or alive, from any period in time. Tell me who you'd pick and I want a brief (no more than a few lines) reason for why it would be them (please don't all simply put, "because they're awesome" ).

The Deadlines

Submissions in by Wednesday 10th of February, time*
Guesses in by Thursday 18th of February, time*

*18:00 (6pm) EST
*17:00 (5pm) CST
*16:00 (4pm) MST
*15:00 (3pm) PST
*23:00 (11pm) BST

Extended if necessary.

(Edited to reflect new dates)
26 to 50 of 96 comments
page 2 of 4
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-02-2016 03:06
OK, sorry for the delay. Info to be posted shortly. I'll update the original post. New deadline for guesses, unless another extension's needed:

Thursday 18th February
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 11-02-2016 03:07
Guesses in by Monday 8th of February, time*

Haha nice going!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-02-2016 03:11
Well if we'd had more guesses in sooner... It's been updated now.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 11-02-2016 03:12
I blame all of you.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-02-2016 03:20
The Submitters
+ Fake x 2
Bruna
Curt
Donny
Jeff
Jeremy
Joe
Joey
Lisa
Meg
Practice
Sarah
Scott
Sierra

The Submissions

Aaron Rodgers. He's awesome and I like to stare at his face.

Andy Dick. So me and my buddy Brett can borrow his dildo collection and see who prolapses first.

Benjamin Franklin - always been fascinated by him. He did anything and everything and cared very little 'bout what others thought! Took a lot of ridicule but just kept on!

Donald Trump. First I would act interested in his candidacy. Then make him pay for my two 9 oz. steaks + garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. After dinner, in privacy, because of course there are no bodyguards around. I would strike. Killing him painfully, beating him to death with a cactus (cacti?). For making Americans look more stupid and racist than they already are.

Frank Sinatra during the Rat Pack years.

Gregg Alexander because I love his songs and I never got to see him live in concert.

Joey. Because she seems fun to tie to a bed after a nice meal.

Kelis. For a live performance of Milkshake.

Meet Jefferson Thompson to discuss how he founded Rouge et Noir Cheese Co, at 150 years the oldest Cheesemaker in USA, (name changed to "Marin French Cheese" Co, Brand (see video! at bottom)) and second owner Jim Boyce who is also invited to explain how their Triple Creme Brie won the coveted gold in the World Cheese Awards in 2005; and above all--- learning & discussing the ten steps to making great cheese all the while enjoying dinner, where each dish consists of cheese as a main ingredient (!)

My grandfather. I never met him but from what I'm told he was an interesting, funny and kind man and I would love to know more about him and his life. And he could tell me what the afterlife is like.

Myself, twenty years from now. I'd see how I was doing, how life had been and if I'd kept in touch with any of you crazy cats.

Paul Rudd. It's been said before but he just seems like a cool dude.

Robin Williams - He's a great actor and I think it would be an eye-opening conversation.

Scarlett Johansson. Boobs.

Tesla, because his high levels of intelligence and bat-shit insanity would make for great conversation.
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 12-02-2016 04:20

boobs
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-02-2016 06:08
We have to submit them to you, Joey, via PM?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-02-2016 16:56
Here, Scott. Who you think said what.
JDolla
JDolla | 12-02-2016 17:05
Bruna - Kelis

Curt - Andy Dick

Donny - Benjamin Franklin

Jeff - My grandfather

Joe - Frank Sinatra

Joey - Paul Rudd

Lisa - Gregg Alexander

Meg - Myself

Practice - Jefferson Thompson

Sarah - Aaron Rodger

Scott - Robin Williams

Sierra - Donald Trump
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 13-02-2016 06:08
Donny - Ben Franklin
Joe - Donald Trump
Bruna - Frank Sinatra
Sierra - Paul Rudd
Lisa - Joey
Joey - Kelis
Jeff - grandfather
Meg - myself
Sarah - Robin Williams
Jeremy - Tesla
Curt - Andy Dick
Scott - Gregg Alexander
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-02-2016 02:15
Do you leave yourself off? Sorry, it's my first time playing this one.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-02-2016 02:24
That's all right. :] Yep, leave yourself off. If you want you can also leave off the two you believe are fake, but it doesn't matter if you add those. But definitely leave yourself off, otherwise everyone knows which you submitted.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 14-02-2016 13:36
We shouldn't read each other's answers anyway. Even if you don't say yours, process of elimination makes it quite obvious.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-02-2016 00:58
Who is Tesla? When I google all that comes up is car things.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-02-2016 01:14
My guess would be Nikola Tesla. The only Tesla I've ever heard of.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-02-2016 01:17
Yeah, I looked that guy up, it still doesn't make sense. I don't see how he is bat shit insane. Buuuuut ok.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-02-2016 01:30
Jeremy - Aaron Rodgers

Curt - Andy Dick

Bruna - Frank Sinatra

Scott - Gregg Alexander

Joey or Sierra - Joey

Joe - Kelis

Jeff - My grandfather

Sarah - Myself

Meg - Paul Rudd

Lisa - Robin Williams
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-02-2016 01:40
Yeah, I super goofed, Heather's not even playing. I just know she likes Sinatra. Damn. I don't think I can change my answers now that I've posted either.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-02-2016 01:42
No one else has answered, so I don't mind if you remove Heather and separate your double answer if you want.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-02-2016 01:46
Ok, thanks, all better.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-02-2016 01:47
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 16-02-2016 01:58
Bruna - Kelis. For a live performance of Milkshake.

Curt - Andy Dick. So me and my buddy Brett can borrow his dildo collection and see who prolapses first.

Donny - Benjamin Franklin - always been fascinated by him. He did anything and everything and cared very little 'bout what others thought! Took a lot of ridicule but just kept on!

Jeff - My grandfather. I never met him but from what I'm told he was an interesting, funny and kind man and I would love to know more about him and his life. And he could tell me what the afterlife is like.

Jeremy - Tesla, because his high levels of intelligence and bat-shit insanity would make for great conversation.

Joey - Meet Jefferson Thompson to discuss how he founded Rouge et Noir Cheese Co, at 150 years the oldest Cheesemaker in USA, (name changed to "Marin French Cheese" Co, Brand (see video! at bottom)) and second owner Jim Boyce who is also invited to explain how their Triple Creme Brie won the coveted gold in the World Cheese Awards in 2005; and above all--- learning & discussing the ten steps to making great cheese all the while enjoying dinner, where each dish consists of cheese as a main ingredient (!)

Lisa - Robin Williams - He's a great actor and I think it would be an eye-opening conversation.

Meg - Myself, twenty years from now. I'd see how I was doing, how life had been and if I'd kept in touch with any of you crazy cats.

Practice - Gregg Alexander because I love his songs and I never got to see him live in concert.

Sarah - Aaron Rodgers. He's awesome and I like to stare at his face.

Scott - Donald Trump. First I would act interested in his candidacy. Then make him pay for my two 9 oz. steaks + garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. After dinner, in privacy, because of course there are no bodyguards around. I would strike. Killing him painfully, beating him to death with a cactus (cacti?). For making Americans look more stupid and racist than they already are.

Sierra - Scarlett Johansson. Boobs.
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 16-02-2016 04:16
Sarah- Aaron Rodgers. He's awesome and I like to stare at his face.
Curt- Andy Dick. So me and my buddy Brett can borrow his dildo collection and see who prolapses first.
Scott- Benjamin Franklin - always been fascinated by him. He did anything and everything and cared very little 'bout what others thought! Took a lot of ridicule but just kept on!
Joe- Donald Trump. First I would act interested in his candidacy. Then make him pay for my two 9 oz. steaks + garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. After dinner, in privacy, because of course there are no bodyguards around. I would strike. Killing him painfully, beating him to death with a cactus (cacti?). For making Americans look more stupid and racist than they already are.
Lisa- Frank Sinatra during the Rat Pack years.
Practice- Gregg Alexander because I love his songs and I never got to see him live in concert.
Sierra- Joey. Because she seems fun to tie to a bed after a nice meal.
Bruna- Kelis. For a live performance of Milkshake.
Jeff- My grandfather. I never met him but from what I'm told he was an interesting, funny and kind man and I would love to know more about him and his life. And he could tell me what the afterlife is like.
Jeremy- Myself, twenty years from now. I'd see how I was doing, how life had been and if I'd kept in touch with any of you crazy cats.
Joey- Scarlett Johansson. Boobs.
Donny- Tesla, because his high levels of intelligence and bat-shit insanity would make for great conversation.

that was harder than I thought
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-02-2016 04:27
This is so damn hard. My results should be in soon.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-02-2016 04:48
Bruna - Frank Sinatra
Curt - Andy Dick
Jeremy - Tesla
Joe - Paul Rudd
Joey - My grandfather
Lisa - Robin Williams
Meg - Myself
Sarah - Aaron Rodgers
Scott - Gregg Alexander
Sierra - Donald Trump

Jesus Christ that was insanely mind boggling.

Just realized Practice is gonna have to use another one of his posts. Expect 30 paragraphs.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: