LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

So you're exiled to a deserted island

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
DonnyW
DonnyW | 22-01-2016 18:48
after being banned by Ray from LSI for running up your posts count with meaningless comments no one cares about ( just kidding!!!) but you are allowed to take up to 10 album/cds with you (you have to figure out how to play them ). What would they be?
You can have double albums but NO "box sets". I was going to do 5 but I couldn't decide between older/"classic" albums and newer ones so I, personally, am going to do 5 of each. The idea is what albums do you listen to over and over and never get tired of?

So my choices (in no particular order) are:
R.E.M. - Automatic For The People [1992]
U2 - The Joshua Tree [1987]
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive [1976]
Elton John - Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy [1975]
The Eagles - The Complete Greatest Hits [2003]

Snow Patrol - Greatest Hits [2013]
OneRepublic - Native [2013]
Hanson - Shout It Out [2010]
Jake Bugg - Jake Bugg [2012]
Il Volo - The Platinum Collection [2015]

Any takers?
1 to 25 of 31 comments
page 1 of 2
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-01-2016 03:25
Hey, Donny. It wasn't about albums, but I thought you might like to look at this game we did a while back. People submitted the one song they'd listen to (if they could) if they were stuck on an island and then we guessed who submitted what. The results were posted by PracticePractic on the fourth page.

I don't think I could give you ten - I rarely like more than a few songs off the same album. I might be able to give you around five, though. I'll have a think about it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-01-2016 00:37
Are we allowed to have home-made CDs? :p
DonnyW
DonnyW | 27-01-2016 01:10
Nah, Joey! I just wanted to find out what albums others love "cover to cover". I literally know every word to every song on all the albums I listed (well ... maybe except for a few of the foreign language Il Volo songs ) and I firmly believe I could listen to all 10 of them daily and never get tired of them! Not a bad song on any of them! There's got to be albums others feel the same way about that I should check out

I was thinking by this weekend I would ask you to kill this thread since, obviously, no one's interested. Nicolas started a thread 'bout the last album bought that is also not getting any love. That's what frustrates the ---- out of me 'bout this site. Can't get any fun music discussions going. Just chats 'bout our aches & pains, the weather, what day we have off, and what we just ate. Unfortunately this site will let one start a thread but does not seem to allow one to kill the thread one started. So feel free to wipe out this thread any time!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-01-2016 01:25
I know. Once again, the regulars have been members for around ten years, give or take a few, so we've already covered a lot of music-related discussions. Additionally, the majority of us are older - between relationships, kids, jobs, taking care of a home, etc. we unfortunately don't have the time to think and make these longer lists. You could always encourage other people to join the site and start posting. That's what we're missing, and it'll only change when new members bother to stick around and continue making the effort.

Still, I showed an interest, so it's not right to say there's been no interest. Also, we don't generally close threads because of a lack of interest. They should remain open so that if anyone old or new does find it and want to post, they can do so. Otherwise we might end up with several threads of the same nature all closed after one or two posts.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-01-2016 01:26
Hmm, I was hoping I'd be allowed to bring two CDs a good friend gave me, but I suppose they don't count as albums... Mean. ;p
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 27-01-2016 02:20
I don't know if I can think of many full albums. I play a lot of single songs on reply, so as Joey mentioned, I could make a mixed cd I could listen to over and over. Although, I really only listen to cds in my car, most of my music library is in my itunes or google play accounts.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 27-01-2016 03:18
Know what u mean, Ant! I bumped Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [1977] for Eagles - Greatest Hits. Several others I wanted to include.

I've heard a few August Burns Red, Green Day, and Blink 182 songs that I've liked so I will definitely be checking out those albums and, hopefully, the others as well! Thanks!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-01-2016 01:13
Yeah...this is a lot tougher than I thought it would be. I realised that even if I don't like all (or even the majority of) songs on most albums, taking the full ten would still give me access to more songs I do like.

So for now I'll post the ones I'm sure of:

Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill
Alanis Morissette's Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie
Alanis Morissette's Under Rug Swept
Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits, The Ultimate Collection
Jessie Ware's Tough Love
Lana Del Rey's Born To Die - The Paradise Edition

Yes, three Alanis albums. *Shrug*
DonnyW
DonnyW | 29-01-2016 01:16
Like Alanis much? Love Bon Jovi - good choice there!!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-01-2016 01:18
Haha. She doesn't have an album with all of my (many) favourites on, so it had to be at least three.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 29-01-2016 05:18
Oooh, I love Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. I might have to copy that for one of mine.
ASonicJunkie
ASonicJunkie | 29-01-2016 18:31
DonnyW
DonnyW | 29-01-2016 20:04
Thanks, Sonic! Really like your "classic" choices
- the newer ones not so much!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-01-2016 00:38
Oh no, I forgot about Muse. One more in the 'Maybe' pile...
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-01-2016 01:34
Enrique Iglesias - 7
Enrique Iglesias - Sex and love (Deluxe)
Roxette - Don't Bore Us Get to the chorus
Roxette - Joyride
Cyndi Lauper - 12 Deadly Cyns...and then some
Cyndi Lauper - A Night to remember
America - Back Pages
Belinda - Belinda
Don Henley - Actual Henley's Greatest Hits
Gabrielle - Rise

Hard to choose just 10.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 13-02-2016 19:19
LOVE Styx!
Don't, however, care much for Huey, etc.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 13-02-2016 19:21
this was a hard one, too many other ones i could have put in there, especially all of the concerts i've been too.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 13-02-2016 19:26
Oh, you added more! It's supposed to be hard - being exiled is punishment!
Also love Eagles, Van Halen, Elton John, Journey, Billy Joel and Garth Brooks as well as Grease! You have great taste in music!!
CarlJ
CarlJ | 13-02-2016 23:33
i've been to so many concerts....and still going.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-02-2016 04:57
I'm not a Grease fan. But I'll join your part of the island for a rendition of Greased Lightnin' if a car ever washes up on shore, Carl.

It wasn't until I went to see the musical that I realised the dirtiness of that song.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: