LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Being able to send PMs to multiple people in the "to" field.

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
roxcyn
roxcyn | 22-01-2016 05:58
I was just thinking that in the PMs, let's say you want to send out a message to two-three people (or whatever amount), currently, LSI doesn't allow that. I'm not sure if it's to prevent spam, but, do you think it would be a good idea? I would like that feature if I need to send a PM, in the "to" field to be able to put multiple users if the message applies to them. Thank you so much!
14 comments
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-01-2016 06:01
I'm saying no, it's not a good idea because that's why we have a chat lol. If you wanted to talk to more than one person about something, there's a chat for a reason. :p
roxcyn
roxcyn | 22-01-2016 06:02
Sometimes people don't respond to the chat requests though.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-01-2016 06:04
And sometimes people don't respond back to messages. Chat is more convenient.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 22-01-2016 06:06
You're right, the chat feature is nice. Here's the scenario. Let's you want to tell two forumers something, they don't respond to the chat requests or they're not logged in, you could send PMs. However, in the PMs you can only put one user ID in the field.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-01-2016 06:06
Well if it's "urgent," there'd be no doubt they'd just go to chat but if they're not logged in, then patience is a virtue.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 22-01-2016 13:23
I disagree with you Jeff. From a mod's standpoint, this would be convenient. I've had to send the same message to multiple people before and it's annoying to have to do it one at a time. Some people don't like to use chat. Some situations don't call for it either. And half the time I never notice a chat request until they've long since gave up on chatting. Multiple recipients in messages is a great idea.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 22-01-2016 13:25
* offtopic :
And your last excuse is garbage btw. If they're not logged in that's exactly what the message system is for, so they can see it when they're on.
Stop making excuses just so you can disagree with someone.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-01-2016 14:24
* offtopic :
and that is exactly why I don't state my opinion. It wasn't an excuse, it was my standpoint on it.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 22-01-2016 19:13
I've always wanted this to be a feature, where you could message more than one person at a time. It's usually not something urgent where'd I'd use the chat, and as Sarah pointed out, I never notice it in time. If being able to message multiple recipients with one message is not an option, can we at least make the chat request more obvious? Dare I say a pop-up notification or something?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-01-2016 03:30
^ I'd also like there to be noises when we receive a reply in chat, because I often forget it's open and I know I'm not the only one. But Ray likes suggestions to be separate, so that can go elsewhere.

I agree with Sarah and Jen. It's a good idea, Scott.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 23-01-2016 03:46
* offtopic :
Oooh! That's a good idea, Joey. Like it flashes that there's a new message and a noise. I'm on another forum and it does this when there's new messages: Example. No noises, but it's helpful!
Ray
Ray | 02-02-2016 12:26
Being able to add more than one recipient sound like an idea. The spam thing indeed plays a role here, but that should not be a reason not to have this feature.

Internally there is quite some redesign required to implement this feature. I'll put this on the list, can't give a time estimation.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04-02-2016 01:34
Maybe you could do the same as the artist moderators - they have to be on the forum for 6 months before they can send multiple PMs.
Ray
Ray | 04-02-2016 12:49
good idea
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: