LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Newly Discovered (Awesome) Songs, 2015

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-12-2015 00:29
Happy Holidays! A thread much the same as last year's - tell me the songs you've discovered this year, be they old or new, that you've loved (or even just enjoyed listening to on occasion). Maybe the thread will introduce you to a couple more.

Again, you don't have to comment on each other's or anything like that, and I'll do the linking if you prefer, but of course you're free to do both or either.
51 to 60 of 60 comments
page 3 of 3
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 04-01-2016 22:46
Problem solved. :p
Joeyy
Joeyy | 10-01-2016 19:09
Cassy O' just makes you want to sing along, doesn't it?

I think I'm going to have to make a playlist of all your songs (everyone) so that I don't have to keep finding the thread again when I want to listen. Also, I forgot one from mine! Matthew Perryman Jones - Looking For You Again
DonnyW
DonnyW | 10-01-2016 19:25
That's exactly what I'm doing, Joey! I listen to 10-12 and jot down the ones that "qualify" for my playlist - then go add them to my Spotify playlist!. Still working my way through all of them! I already am familiar with a lot of Scott's songs.
Been listening to a LOT of George Ezra the last couple of weeks - gave him his own playlist! In addition to Cassy O', I really like Angry Hill, Barcelona, Budapest, Did You Hear the Rain, and Breakaway - among others!
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 10-01-2016 19:34
I listened to a lot of Taylor Swift this year. I've liked her for years, but 1989 really got me hooked again. Love pretty much every song on it so I'm not gonna list them all.

I discovered Girls by Beatrice Eli. It's always nice to find a good lesbian "anthem", even if I don't relate much to the lyrics.

A song I've listened to a lot of recently (and that is my go-to song if I'm feeling down or anxious) is I'm The One That's Cool by The Guild.

I also re-discovered Rilo Kiley and especially Does He Love You?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-01-2016 19:34
Well, isn't this convenient? I actually put a list together in December of ten favorite songs that I discovered in 2015. It was more of a list for my benefit so I could look back in retrospect, but now I can share it with you guys.

Beck - Girl
Edward Bear - Last Song
Elle King - Ex's & Oh's
Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
Jigsaw - Spellbound
Saint Motel - My Type
Sparks - The Number One Song in Heaven
Tame Impala - Elephant
The Beth Edges - Pure Dynamite
Vance Joy - Riptide

Lots of variety in this list, both old and new songs, so hopefully, if you choose to listen to them, you guys will find a song you like.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 10-01-2016 19:43
Won't get started on Taylor Swift again, but I DO very much like the Ryan Adams covers - thanks Joey! Also, been meaning to check out Beck but haven't done so yet. Keep hearing 'bout him but not familiar with his music - yet!

Again, so much music - so little time!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-01-2016 19:45
I need to listen to more Beck myself, clearly he's deserving of a listen if he won a Grammy last year. I've only heard three songs by him so far, but I plan on listening to more when I have time.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 10-01-2016 19:47
^ Exactly! I'd heard of him before but if he won a Grammy I definitely need to check him out!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 28-01-2016 06:51
I saw George Ezra live - he was great! "Can You Blame Me" is a great song.

I think the Beck songs I know are (from favorite to least favorite) E-Pro, Loser, Dreams, Hell Yes, and Girl.

I'll just copy and paste my whole year in review

Top 5 Albums:

Honorable Mentions: Mumford & Sons – Wilder Mind, Motion City Soundtrack – Panic Stations

5. Owl CityMobile Orchestra
"It feels like I'm a lone survivor, forgotten in a dark and deadly world, and on my own, I walk alone, to see the sun again I'd give anything. But life demands a final chapter, a story that we all must leave behind, it's do or die, and this is mine, the anthem of a bird with a broken wing."

"Bird With a Broken Wing" is definitely the best song on the album! "Unbelievable" (the duet with Hanson), "Verge", and "Back Home" are pretty good too.

4. twenty one pilotsBlurryface
"Can you save, can you save my, can you save my heavy dirty soul?"

I'm glad these guys are really famous now! Their music is awesome and unique, but their lyrics are actually pretty introspective. The other standout songs are "Tear In My Heart", "Ride", and "The Judge" (a ukulele song!)

3. Of Monsters And MenBeneath The Skin
"Breathe in, breathe out, and let the human in."

I really like this band's sound, their alternating male and female vocals, and their nature-y lyrics. So pretty much everything about the band. "Thousand Eyes" and " Crystals" have awesome drumming, and I also really like "Human" and "Empire".

2. Death Cab For CutieKintsugi
"You're my wanderer, little wanderer, won't you wander back to me?"

I think this is my favorite album by them yet. So many of the songs stand out for different reasons. "Good Help (Is So Hard To Find)" is classic Death Cab with upbeat music matched to pretty depressing lyrics. "Hold No Guns" is a really nice slow song, and "The Ghosts Of Beverly Drive" is a great faster one.

1. Imagine DragonsSmoke + Mirrors (Super Deluxe)
"So I, I bet my life, I bet my life, I bet my life on you!"

I guess not everybody liked "I Bet My Life" but I really liked it. It has really meaningful lyrics that discuss the singer's relationship with his parents, and it incorporates a little more melodic,ness with their amazing drumming. It's definitely one of my favorite songs along with "Shots" and "Friction". "Polaroid" is another standout track with really great lyrics ("Love is a polaroid, better in pictures, but never can fill the void"). I don't like "I'm So Sorry" or "Gold" as much but I appreciate that they did something different with those songs.

Top 5 Songs:
1. Imagine DragonsI Bet My Life
2. twenty one pilotsStressed Out
3. AdeleHello
4. Mumford & SonsBelieve
5. Fall Out BoyUma Thurman

Concerts I Went To:
2/3/15 – Jukebox The Ghost, Twin Forks @ Crescent Ballroom w/ Clarisse
3/20/15 – Hawk Nelson @ GCU w/ Eddie
4/10/15 – Death Cab For Cutie, Panic! At The Disco @ Quail Run Park w/ Terence (Best songs: Doors Unlocked And Open, Transatlanticism)
5/18/15 – Twenty One Pilots, Bleachers @ Chipotle Cultivate Festival w/ Clarisse, Wes (Best song: Holding On To You)
5/19/15 – Chris Tomlin, Tenth Avenue North, Rend Collective @ GCU Arena w/ a lot of people
7/25/15 – Imagine Dragons, Metric @ Talking Stick Resort Arena w/ Clarisse (Best songs: I Bet My Life, Radioactive)
9/25/15 – Brand New, Jimmy Eat World, Manchester Orchestra @ Tempe Beach Park w/ Terence, Anthony (Best songs: Sic Transit Gloria,Glory Fades, Get It Faster)
11/1/15 – Linkin Park (kind of) @ Tempe Beach Park w/ Michael, Timothy
11/6/15 – Hanson @ Arizona State Fair w/ Clarisse (Best song: Where's The Love)
11/20/15 – Rise Against @ Marquee Theatre w/ Terence, Anthony (Best song: Prayer of the Refugee)
12/14/15 – Of Monsters And Men, George Ezra, X Ambassadors @ Mesa Amphitheatre w/ Clarisse, Alice Terence, Wes (Best songs: Thousand Eyes, Lakehouse)

Top 25 Artists (comparison to 2014 in brackets):
1. Imagine Dragons – 568 plays [+9]
2. Jimmy Eat World – 534 plays [+/-0]
3. Death Cab For Cutie – 532 plays [+3]
4. Yellowcard – 394 plays [-3]
5. twenty one pilots – 362 plays [new]
6. Coldplay – 259 plays [-3]
7. The Story So Far – 259 plays [+6]
8. Relient K – 257 plays [+3]
9. Of Monsters And Men – 248 plays [new]
10. Owl City – 243 plays [new]
11. Motion City Soundtrack – 239 plays [+4]
12. WALK THE MOON – 236 plays [new]
13. Switchfoot – 231 plays [-6]
14. Brand New – 210 plays [new]
15. Mumford & Sons – 202 plays [new]
16. Third Eye Blind – 197 plays [new]
17. AWOLNATION – 197 plays [+1]
18. Fall Out Boy – 185 plays [+7]
19. Rise Against – 159 plays [new]
20. Muse – 158 plays [new]
21. Passion Pit – 157 plays [new]
22. Tenth Avenue North – 149 plays [new]
23. Biffy Clyro – 142 plays [-19]
24. Young The Giant – 142 plays [-19]
25. Paramore – 138 plays [-13]
DonnyW
DonnyW | 28-01-2016 23:51
Love what you did there, Kaleb, with the rankings, etc.!! I'm going to try something like that for 2016 (and beyond, hopefully)!

Also, LOVE your taste in music - lots of my favorites there!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: