Randomness Is The Answer #182

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-11-2015 02:32
Dedicated to Phil.

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
4,951 to 4,975 of 5,001 comments
page 199 of 201
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-02-2016 03:16
The freakin' cat's claws hurts so bad.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 12-02-2016 03:24
If I made a livable wage I wouldn't mind about tipping. And if I give less than stellar service I don't mind if I get a less than stellar tip. But when you compliment me then leave a shitty tip that's kind of fucked up. But whatever. I'm just having a people are awful kind of day.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 12-02-2016 03:27
That's the worst part of the American service industry.. people are assholes. The most common excuse for not tipping is "well if they rely on tips, they should find a better job." The pay structure for those types of jobs is set that way specifically so they rely on tips. It's such a stupid system. We're looking at fast food workers who do half the work as someone like Heather making more than folks with degrees, but service workers who actually have to act presentable and be able do their job correctly make $3 a fking hour.. and people think that's okay because they could do something else... it's ridiculous.
JDolla
JDolla | 12-02-2016 03:32
People say if they rely on tips they should find a better job but they don't consider a) what would happen if all servers went out and found better jobs and b) how hard it is to find jobs if you don't have any other relevant experience. People just want to feel justified for being shitty.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-02-2016 03:37
My sister bussed and she hated it.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 12-02-2016 03:38
Truuuuuth. Its also said by the people that couldn't ever make it as a server.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 12-02-2016 03:39
Exactly, Jeremy. Exactly.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 12-02-2016 03:40
The other night I was asked if I wanted to be the expo & I said yes just so I didn't have to deal with people even though the pay is worse.
JDolla
JDolla | 12-02-2016 03:45
Everytime I try
to redirect your eyes
To see through to the real you
You push me to the side
every single time
And I can't help you
From Falling Apart again

The worst part is just like Heather said, most people are just fine, some are even great. But the bad ones are so bad that sometimes it's hard to remember the good ones
Schatzi
Schatzi | 12-02-2016 03:50
With my one manager we had AMAZING regulars. I've known some for years. This one lady used to bring me books & her husband called me their other daughter. & we don't really have regulars like that anymore & it's bummer.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-02-2016 03:53
Jeremy, give us more poetry please.
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 12-02-2016 03:56
I have the iPhone 5c as well. No issues, storage just fills up quick because i don't like to delete texts.

hah I have that issue too, Curt. I love my 5c but I'm text collector. I get a low storage notification once a week -_-

I worked for a grocery store for 7 years and the best thing I ever did was quit! Dead end job since I'd never be a manager there. And their dept managers are paid shit. So it wasn't ever worth it. Taught me how to deal with people though

Half the time the food I get from fast food is COLD! and my order is wrong. So wtf do they get paid for? To stand around? And they make more than CNA's that actually work hard.
JDolla
JDolla | 12-02-2016 03:57
Regulars were my shit at the shooting range. I had a few groups that would wait 20-30 for me to come up in rotation rather than go out quicker with a different trapper. I knew what kinds of targets they wanted to see, they knew I'd do anything i could to make sure they had a good time, and they knew half of the other ones working out there didnt give a shit either way.

Whether or not they knew it, they bought 18 year old me a shitload of beer
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 12-02-2016 03:57
It's life. Move on.

Yeah... I wish this randomness thread would end today, so anyone could start another.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-02-2016 03:59
I'm sure it will.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 12-02-2016 04:02
I'm too lazy to Google but the expected tipping is weird I general... Like why are people expected to subsidize a business through tips... Like why can't the restaraunt just pay regular wages? Was it food industry lobbyists basically forcing into law that payment of employees would largely be tips?

Also weird that so many store or retail places barely pay their managers. Like I remember learning my assistant manager at a retail job made less than a dollar more than me, but they had a hundred times more responsibility.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-02-2016 04:05
Celine you should post a selfie.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 12-02-2016 04:14
People always ask if I'm bothered that I've never been asked to be a manager but I'm not at all. The pay is awful. All it's good for is experience on your resume if that's what you're looking for.
JDolla
JDolla | 12-02-2016 04:18
Like why can't the restaraunt just pay regular wages?

A fistfull of restaurants tried that around here last year. They told everyone that tipping was no longer necessary and just increased menu prices by about 20% to compensate. Customers apparently flipped shit over price increases. People are used to what they're used to, and even though it means that they'd pay about the same as they would if thenprices were lower and they had to tip, it was an outrage.
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 12-02-2016 04:22
It's because people can be an asshole and get out of a tip

If you skip out on a bill,there's consequences
Schatzi
Schatzi | 12-02-2016 04:25
It sucks though because at the same time even if I got paid a livable wage it wouldn't be as much as I make with tips. It would be like going back to being a hostess. So not only do customers not like the higher prices, the servers hate it too. The shitty tips usually stand out because its either by people that are just awful human beings or the ones that verbally tip you all night. The middle of the road crap tips don't bother me & I forget about them before I even leave work.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 12-02-2016 04:46
Jeremy I'm not surprised but my point is why are the pay checks of the servers basically decided by the customers via tips and not the employer themselves like in any other industry? I guess it's supposed to be incentive based similar to commission jobs in sales, but I just don't understand how at some point a lot of legislators all agreed that certain service job employees should make less than half of federal minimum wage.

Either way I understand it's too impossible to put the genie back in the bottle (see: gun debate)
Lyrics_Lover_11
Lyrics_Lover_11 | 12-02-2016 05:09
I hope you all had a nice day
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-02-2016 05:10
Mine was just tedious and boring. :p

I love this editing software.
robdog2008
robdog2008 | 12-02-2016 05:11
think things are looking up
some stuff is finally rolling into place
POP OUT SAVE saving ...