Randomness Is The Answer #182

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-11-2015 02:32
Dedicated to Phil.

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
276 to 300 of 5,001 comments
page 12 of 201
roxcyn
roxcyn | 28-11-2015 06:09
If you have heart burn try Zantac, Pepcid Complete or Gavison. Tums really doesn't cut it if you have heartburn regularly to be honest.

Thanks for everyone who has been checking up on me. I'm hanging in there, but I still think about my cousin and it's an f-ed up situation.

Sierra, I can relate to that. One year, our plans fell through so we went to a local restaurant and ate there. It wasn't the best food, but it was around $9 per person including the drink. Really can't beat it since we were on short notice. I think it costs about $11 per person now.

We went to my brother's house for Thanksgiving, and my aunt and her grandson came which I am glad because they really need to get out since my cousin passed away. My nephews came so it was nice that a lot of family and friends came together.

Black Friday - it's crazy, but we did go to Sam's Club to pick up some items we needed (not for the deals). We went to Turkey Hill for some of their deals. Free fountain drinks and six pack 500 mL bottles of Pepsi for $1.79. Those places weren't really busy when we went in the afternoon.

One year at Walmart my dad and I went. It was before they set limits on the deals (not sure if they give tickets out like Best Buy now). Anyway, someone stole the TV out of our cart when we weren't looking. Dad got so mad we left the store.

Donny - that's how I got hooked on it. They had it last year around December and I signed up. Most of my music collection can be found there so it makes sense! I don't have to rip CDs or find the damn CD or buy the music from the Google Play Store or iTunes store.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-11-2015 06:11
3D modeling on the computer is fucking confusing.

Not sure why I'm sitting here it attempting it at 1 in the morning, but really, I have nothing else to do.

Thanksgiving for us is tomorrow, too bad I'll be sober for all of it. Life of the underage hardass teenager. Should be an interesting time.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 28-11-2015 06:12
You need not be drinking.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-11-2015 06:17
This software is far2confusing4me.

Looks like sleep is calling.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 28-11-2015 06:54
Exactly what you said 'bout Spotify, Scott! I did the trial and was hooked!! It's all there in one place and you can set it up (with custom playlists) anyway you want it. I listen to it for hours every single day for all my music!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 28-11-2015 07:06
Computer techies - let me know if you're around as I got a question.

Also, if anyone wants to get that deal, I found out where you can get a dollar back if you sign up for the free trial. Yippie!
robdog2008
robdog2008 | 28-11-2015 09:21
what you need roxcyn
there a few of us around the site
Schatzi
Schatzi | 28-11-2015 09:55
Awww, I didn't know you liked photography, what's the book called?

It's Vivian Maier: A Photographer Found. I'll have to see if I can find it for cheaper on a used book site. Since the last time I waited too long to buy a book & the book was out of print & even used it was well over $100. I didn't realize the interest in abandoned Detroit was that strong. The photos were beautiful though.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 28-11-2015 10:35
Thanks Rob. Several of my keys popped off the laptop when I sat my notepad on it. The "k" key is the worst - it keeps popping off. So I'm wondering if I can use Elmer's school glue or a glue stick to make sure it stays in place? Thanks for the help!

Heather, I checked on Amazon Kindle edition is $17.99, Hardcover is $50.34, and new/used from third party sellers start at $39.55. Definitely worth a look over and it's definitely no longer $100. Good luck on getting it!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-11-2015 10:45
That was a nice four hours of sleep.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 28-11-2015 10:55
Are you going shopping today, Jeff?
Schatzi
Schatzi | 28-11-2015 11:02
I know the Vivian Maier book is $50 on amazon. I wouldn't really want an art book for kindle. Kind of defeats the purpose of the book. I was talking about another book that was over $100 because I waited to buy it. Which is actually only $92 now but still too expensive. Thank you though.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-11-2015 11:03
Pretty pumped my sister was able to get today off so she'll be home for our late holiday.

Now I hope I can get a few more hours of sleep.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 28-11-2015 11:05
I see. Maybe you can find it at Half Price Bookstore or eBay.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-11-2015 12:41
I have a DVD that is no longer being produced which sells for $50-100 on eBay right now. Sort of wish I'd left it in the packaging so it'd be worth more. Or that I had bought more than one. Think I paid like $10 for it.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-11-2015 12:50
What is the dvd Sarah? And good morning/afternoon everyone...back at work, should be a fairly slow day, time to put up decorations today!
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 28-11-2015 12:55
It's the Ewok Adventure double feature. Has both of the Ewok movies on it. I've actually not watched it since I got the DVD, but we burned through so many VHS tapes of them as kids. Recorded and rerecorded from TV. I actually saw those two movies before any of the Star Wars movies.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-11-2015 13:24
wow...yeah, that is VERY rare. We had it when I managed Hollywood Video.....had several copies never returned.....hold onto it....might get a bit more valuable.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-11-2015 14:32
Happy thanksgiving today lmao!
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 28-11-2015 14:48
I am tooth decay, your teeth shall be mine.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-11-2015 16:08
I'm not a big fan of "looking nice." I like my gym shorts and simple tshirt.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 28-11-2015 16:35
I dreamt I had a pet baby fox.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 28-11-2015 16:36
What did the fox say, Jen?
fishmunky
fishmunky | 28-11-2015 16:53
Probably something like this Joe

zjenn4
zjenn4 | 28-11-2015 17:08
Ugh! I hate that song.
My fox was feisty and he didn't like people. He kept trying to bite them. I'm glad that in the dream he liked me. I could dig a fox, it's like a cat and a dog all in one.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: