en

Ultimate Christmas Playlist

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
DonnyW
DonnyW | 31-10-2015 23:47
Hi guys & gals!
I want to put together the ultimate Christmas playlist so I was hoping LSI members would take a minute and post their favorite Christmas song - any Christmas song by any artist. I'll listen to them and I'm sure I'll discover many gems I would never have heard otherwise! Thanks for participating!!
51 to 61 of 61 comments
page 3 of 3
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-11-2015 05:33
Donny, I was just replying to your message when I realised I'd missed one of my other favourite Christmas songs: Greg Lake's I Believe In Father Christmas

Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-11-2015 05:48
Also (can't believe I missed these, though I felt certain I'd left some out), Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone

DonnyW
DonnyW | 28-11-2015 06:46
Thanks, Joey! I like them a lot!! Is Greg Lake from Emerson, Lake, & Palmer? I've heard some of their music and really liked it!
CarlJ
CarlJ | 28-11-2015 13:20
Everyone has put up some great music here already....Joey, you always have the best list...thanks for the heads up on Slade...always liked them. as for me...most of what everyone has put up.....Yes, even you Jeff....TSO is awesome and trying to win tickets right now to see them on the 26th.

Carpenters - Home For The Holidays

Andy Williams - Happy Holiday/the Holiday Season

Dan Fogelberg - Same Old Lang Syne

David Foster - Carol Of The Bells

Vince Guaraldi Trio - Linus and Lucy Anything from the Charlie Brown Christmas CD

Burl Ives - Holly Jolly Christmas

Lots more, but there are a few of mine!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 28-11-2015 15:39
3 hours of Christmas songs playlist...

(Many that I've and others have already mentioned on this list---different artists for some of them so I show it -----and for the reason below).

So someone else had the same idea as you Donny.... maybe if you have access to You Tube you can create your own playlist from all the suggestions we've given you here.

Just giving some suggestions!

* offtopic :
(strange...YouTube mini screen video link does not work here for this one! ...why?)
DonnyW
DonnyW | 28-11-2015 16:36
Thanks, Carl! Good idea, Practice!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 03-12-2015 18:12
Is Greg Lake from Emerson, Lake, & Palmer? I've heard some of their music and really liked it!

*Googles*
He is.

I remembered another favourite! Well, it came on television and I felt ridiculous for forgetting it. It actually wasn't meant as a Christmas song, but we adopted it as one. Jona Lewie - Stop The Cavalry

roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-12-2015 05:17
You might like to check out Cyndi Lauper's album Merry Christmas...have a nice life. "December Child" is a nice one off there.

Here's her new song that will be on her new album:

Enjoy, Donnie!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-12-2015 19:25
There's a version of 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' I like, but this new computer has wiped most of my iTunes and all my Christmas songs are gone, and I can't for the life of me think who sings it (it was a group; very upbeat version).

The Spinners - The Twelve Days of Christmas

I found it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 28-12-2015 03:43
So, Donny, do you feel you had the ultimate Christmas playlist in the end?

...'Cause I made one on Spotify for my friend's work party and it's almost ten hours long...
DonnyW
DonnyW | 29-12-2015 01:58
Definitely made a great start - thanks to you guys!!! My Spotify Christmas playlist now has 128 songs (just under 8 hours) and next year I'll add to it and hopefully push it over 200 songs. It's been great fun listening to so many songs you guys suggested that I had never heard before!! Thanks so much to everyone!!!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: