en

Ultimate Christmas Playlist

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
DonnyW
DonnyW | 31-10-2015 23:47
Hi guys & gals!
I want to put together the ultimate Christmas playlist so I was hoping LSI members would take a minute and post their favorite Christmas song - any Christmas song by any artist. I'll listen to them and I'm sure I'll discover many gems I would never have heard otherwise! Thanks for participating!!
26 to 50 of 61 comments
page 2 of 3
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-11-2015 19:54
Haha, that's awesome Donny!
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 01-11-2015 19:56
After listening to the Christmas Canon four times I realized something.

I think I walked down the aisle to the beginning of that song!!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-11-2015 19:56
Really? Euphoria!
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 01-11-2015 19:58
I'm going to watch my video after the football game. But it sounds damn close
DonnyW
DonnyW | 01-11-2015 20:07
TSO has a dvd - "Ghosts of Christmas Eve" that I got years ago and I watch it multiple times every year! It may also be available on YouTube - haven't looked - but anyone who likes TSO should check it out if you haven't seen it!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-11-2015 20:07
I'll take a look at it, thanks Donny!
DonnyW
DonnyW | 01-11-2015 20:12
The TSO dvd IS on YouTube!!! It's about 45 min. long.

There's a lot of footage of them performing - mostly songs from their 1st cd. I actually slapped skin with the lead singer (with long straight blond hair) at the concert I went to!!
DonnyW
DonnyW | 01-11-2015 22:54
Scott, I really do like Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You ! Still doesn't make me a Mariah Carey fan, though.

Thanks for the suggestion - added it to my playlist!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 02-11-2015 00:26
Don't forget there are whole albums out there filled with each artit's own versions of Christmas songs, for example (one of many!)

Blake Shelton's whole album is 'Cheers its Christmas' (2012)

Should I list all the songs separately? 14 tracks....
Try these different versions of some classics.... They do it "differently"

The Three Tenors---Silent Night

Tony Bennett--Winter Wonderland

and his 2011 album (not all the songs on LetsSingIt yet) 'The Classic Christmas Album'

We know its "Christmas" when we watch/hear these shows that are becoming classics for the Christmas season (with their own new Christmas songs/lyrics ) (Don't forget the 1946 Frank Capra movie "Its a Wonderful Life"---but no singable songs that I remember from it).

"A Charlie Brown Christmas"

Hmmm just noticed 1965 TV show, took till 2009 for someone to make a soundtrack of it?

and..................

"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"

Only found the 1998 new movie, (missing album on LSI too)
But where is the famous tv show? Not on LSI!

There are 9 Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer songs on the 1964 album with lyrics!!
LP side A:
Overture and "A Holly Jolly Christmas" – 2:23
"Jingle Jingle Jingle" – 1:13
"We Are Santa's Elves" – 1:31
"There's Always Tomorrow" – 1:42
"We're a Couple of Misfits" – 1:18
"Silver and Gold" – 1:42
"The Most Wonderful Day of the Year" – 2:18
"A Holly Jolly Christmas" – 1:18
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" Finale – 1:19

IS this possible?

ALL These songs are missing from the LSI Archives database of songs with lyrics? And these are memorable lyrics? How can this have happened????

Somebody grab a moderator spot and put the Burl Ives recording in its place of honor among LetsSingIt 's million plus songs!

* offtopic :
Might this television show/song be the original idea or source of UK's famous "Red Nose Day?"
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-11-2015 00:38
Thanks so much, Practice! Awesome post! Yeah, I know most any artist worth being called an "artist" has at least 1 Christmas album and I have many but for my Spotify Christmas playlist I'm trying to pick the best of the best. So even some of my fav albums I'm picking just 2 or 3 of the best for my playlist. I especially am trying to find songs/artists that I am not familiar with. I LOVE discovering amazing artists I've never heard of (like Pentatonix that Meg mentioned) - like in other countries that are not known here in the US (for example - discovered Jake Bugg about 6 months ago and can't get enough of him!).

I'm working my way through Joey's list now and then I'll make my way through all the posts. Don't know anything about "Red Nose Day" but maybe Joey does

Thanks again for your time and effort!!!
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-11-2015 00:57
Joey - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
Awesome add for my playlist!! I've added several so far but still have a few more on your list to check out.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-11-2015 01:01
Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
Exactly the kinda stuff I was looking for!
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-11-2015 01:10
Chris De Burgh - A Spaceman Came Travelling
Amazing - I'm having the best time - to heck with football!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-11-2015 01:16
Yay! I'm so glad you like the ones you've mentioned (though I'm surprised you've not heard of them - they play repeatedly every year here ).

Red Nose Day, or Comic Relief, is an annual fund-raising day we have for charities here. It made its debut in the US last year. Celebrities get involved and put on events (concerts, comedy nights, etc.) to encourage people to donate, and we have products centring on the "red nose" - t-shirts, pens, other merchandise, and, of course, the Red Noses themselves (different designs each year - if you look at my pictures, you'll see me wearing one of the dinosaur noses from a couple of years ago).

As for the lack of conversation about music - some of us regulars have been here around a decade, give or take a few years, and when you're posting frequently for such a long time...well, we've covered a lot of our likes and dislikes with each other already, but we'll sometimes mention new artists we're into in the Randomness thread and if a new member expresses a desire to talk music, we're happy to get involved.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-11-2015 01:19
So many amazing artists - Jake Bugg and Il Volo off the top of my head - are never played here! That's why I love it when you guys give me these artists to check out! Westlife is another example! There are many - keep 'em coming - I LOVE it!!!
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-11-2015 01:23
I thought I would start a few "music-related" threads and see if I'd get any response and the response to this has been fantastic in only 1 day! So I guess I'll stick around and start another one after this one dies out. I know a lot has been posted in the past and I have "browsed" but there are so many past threads with thousands of comments, I can't possibly review all of them - wouldn't even know where to start! Thanks to all of you for indulging me!!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 02-11-2015 05:37
Jimmy Eat World - Last Christmas
Relient K - 12 Days Of Christmas
Coldplay - Christmas Lights (and the Yellowcard cover of it)

And since you're fan of Owl City and Hanson, I'd also recommend "Light of Christmas" by Owl City and the Snowed In album by Hanson.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-11-2015 05:46
Thanks, Kaleb! Actually I'm a fan of all the bands you have listed there so I will definitely be giving all of them a listen! Tomorrow, though, it's getting late
Joeyy
Joeyy | 04-11-2015 04:21
Hi, Donny.

I was adding lyrics to Sara Evans' Christmas album At Christmas and thought of you. One of the ones I liked was At Christmas itself, but it's definitely got a Country feel to it. Run Rudolph Run (also Country) is fun, too, and I find her version of Winter Wonderland quite nice (nothing different, but pleasant). Go Tell It On The Mountain is obviously a religious song, but it's also really upbeat and uplifting.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 04-11-2015 04:42
Thanks again, Joey, u r awesome! I'll definitely listen to them this week - gotta go to bed now, though! Also - religious songs are great, too - I've been a Christian since I was 10!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04-11-2015 04:57
When I was in college (uni) I made a whole folder of Christmas music which is now on my external HDD. If you want, I can copy & paste all the songs in there. I'm glad you liked the Carey song.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 05-11-2015 01:15
Thanks, Scott, but I don't really need you to do all that! I have a bunch of Christmas music but I'm getting tired of listening to the same stuff every year so I thought I would create a playlist on Spotify (which I pretty much use exclusively now to listen to music) of maybe 200-300 Christmas songs different than the ones I've been listening to every year. If you just maybe gave me some of your very most favs (that you can listen to over & over and not get tired of ) that would be great! I'm especially interested in these songs/artists from other countries that we don't hear here in the US! Joey's given me some great ones and I'm still working through everyone's suggestions!
Thanks again for everyone's help!!!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-11-2015 03:45
I'm especially interested in these songs/artists from other countries that we don't hear here in the US

I know there is so much more out there...

I just Googled inside Amazon and found 2, 168 song albums from around the world, each with its own listing of tracks of songs that fit what you are looking for.

I haven't the ability to go inside each album and see and make links to each song that is foreign, and link to the song in its location here in LSI.... maybe you can try doing that and see if we are missing out on any....

Inside each album, Amazon lets you listen to 30 seconds of each song before you have to buy it....so its a lot of free listening of parts of these beautiful songs.... I wish I could read each language without resorting to Google Translate, etc ... but they are all great songs for the holidays!

I'm sorry its not more details, just a broad stroke of the Google search, but again, I hope it helps you (and others here ) viewing this topic!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!
DonnyW
DonnyW | 07-11-2015 03:54
Thanks, Practice - appreciate the effort and advice. Yeah I know how to do all that - I'm just asking for some personal favorites from LSI members like Joey, Scott, Lisa, Meg, Jeff, & you have given in previous posts. Still working my way through those (not much time during the school week!) but I'm finding some really great songs I've never heard and adding them to my Spotify playlist!
DonnyW
DonnyW | 08-11-2015 23:22
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: