LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Forum Awards 2015: Up for it?

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 10-10-2015 22:30
Jeremy wasn't around to do this like he wanted to so I'm going to run with it.

If enough of you want to do it then I'll run it this year unless anyone has any objections.

Celine, you are NOT obligated to play.
1 to 25 of 34 comments
page 1 of 2
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-10-2015 22:33
I'm down. I'll be having popcorn this time when Celine gets upset.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 11-10-2015 01:20
Yeah, I'll go with it if enough people are in
CarlJ
CarlJ | 11-10-2015 11:34
count me in
saina
saina | 11-10-2015 11:58
Ooooh, Awards time! *-*
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 11-10-2015 16:17
Seems like the forum has picked up lately, so yeah!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-10-2015 01:05

What is that?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-10-2015 01:06
Basically we give out award to forumers on here and then Celine has a meltdown about them. Pretty fun stuff.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-10-2015 01:07
Here's last years.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-10-2015 01:09
Forumer? Why not forero?
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 15-10-2015 02:41
So I'll move forward with this. The categories from last year are below, there are quite a few. I'd like to trim it down a bit since the active user account on here has dwindled a bit. Please post of any you'd like to add or think can be removed.

THE CATEGORIES

Most Attractive Male Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Attractive Female Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Helpful/Nicest Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Flirty Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Perverted Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Mature Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Popular Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Comedic Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Intellectual Forumer
Self-explanatory

Most Pleasantly Eccentric Forumer
Awarded to the forumer who is the most quirky in a good way. Can apply to personality, appearance, interests, or lifestyle.

Most Missed Forumer
Awarded to the forumer who is no longer a regular part of the LetsSingIt community, yet is missed the most.

Forumer Most Likely To Never Leave The Forum
Self-explanatory

Forumer You'd Most Want To Meet In Person
Self-explanatory

Forumer Most Likely To Have Your Back
Awarded to the toughest/bravest forumer you'd want to have with you in a fight.

Forumer Most Likely To Have The Best Dance Moves
Self-explanatory

Best Shoulder To Cry On
Awarded to the forumer who is most commonly the easiest to talk to for those in times of distress.

Best DJ
Awarded to the forumer who has the best taste in music/recommends the best music.

Best New Game
Awarded to the forumer who has created the best/most fun game this past year. Games are listed below in the comments section. Please nominate the game as well as the member.

Best Hook-Up
Awarded to the forumers who would have the sexiest one night stand. Please nominate in the form of pairs/groups.

Best New Forumer
Self-explanatory

Best Avatar
Self-explanatory. Only one avatar per member can be nominated. Please make sure your profile displays the avatar you want nominated.

Diamond In The Rough
Awarded to the forumer who is seldom given as much credit as he/she deserves.

Forum Chef
Awarded to the forumer who would create the most amazingly delicious meal.

The Fatty Award
Awarded to the forumer who simply loves food! We have a lot of "fatties" here, but which one will take home the award?

The Andro Award (Most Cultured Forumer)
Awarded to the forumer who is most appreciative of the arts, of languages, of the customs and traditions of the world.

The Dekar Award (Most Positive Contribution To Forum Life)
Self-explanatory

The Ray Award (Largest Contribution To The Website)
Awarded to the forumer who has contributed most to the website. Please don't nominate Ray for this award.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 15-10-2015 02:48
All of those are from last year? It feels like a lot. There's a lot that are quite similar. It seems like there are a lot that are about being nice/helpful.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 15-10-2015 02:52
Yeah I was surprised myself, I had to check and make sure I didn't hit paste twice.

Could probably axe Best Avatar, Diamond in the rough, The Dekar, The Andro, Best new game, Best DJ and a few others. I may do this years voting on an external website like survey monkey. Each category is a page with all the nominations and people just click through it. Saves from all the copying and pasting in the PMs that i find to be a major pain in the ass.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 15-10-2015 02:58
Yes. I've always wondered why no one did that. I remember having to help Matt count votes to make sure it was all accurate.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 15-10-2015 03:03
I just checked out survey monkey and thats definitely what Ill use. Its free, easy and does all the tedious work without the chance of human error.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 15-10-2015 03:18
Andro & Intellectual ones are similar so I feel like they could be combined. Also feel like fatty & chef could be combined to loves food the most or something. Dekar & diamond in the rough could be combined as well. There are just a lot of categories & it's part of what makes me dread the awards every year.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 15-10-2015 03:22
Agreed.

I'll leave suggestions open until Saturday the 17th and then go to the next stage.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-10-2015 17:15
Personally I didn't think it would be different enough, but Jeremy seemed excited to do it and I didn't want to dampen his spirits. So, as I said to Jeremy, I'll vote but I don't wish to be nominated this year.

I don't think Best DJ should be taken out. I believe it's a new addition and it's one of only two awards related to the thing that united us in the first place. Heather's point was that several of the awards are similar; other than Best Dance Moves, nothing else relates to music.

I also don't think Fatty and Chef are the same - I love food, but can only cook a few basic meals, hence why there were different winners last year. I could eat for England, but if I cooked for the Queen she'd probably bring back beheading. But, again, I wouldn't be surprised if the winners were the same/similar, so I wouldn't fight the decision.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 15-10-2015 17:39
I'll vote but I don't wish to be nominated this year.

Hmmmm is there some extra job or task that being nominated entails? Its a web site..... we don't meet for meetings or anything or awards ceremonies----so wondering why you would remove yourself out of the competition.... What if I did that too? What if everyone did it? How about waiting to see what plays out.... and happens...

My suggestion for you (don't have to take it) for anyone who does "not" want the award is go through the nominating process---I'm certain like last year, that there will be more than one for each award...

Then if you really don't want to have the "win" of award listed here for all posterity on this web site.. .. I offer the suggestion you can then graciously "opt out" receiving the award..... and like all competitions... the award will then go to whomever had the 2nd highest number of votes.

Simple.

Done.

Enjoy!

(P.S. Edited in---That way you can choose to have an award i.e. Fatty one, but choose not to accept the chef award---pick and choose rather than blanket no nominations).....
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 15-10-2015 17:42
P.S.S. I've used Survey Monkey---Its great!...But its been 2-3 years since I have done it.. I'll offer to help if its still the same version as I have access/own.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 15-10-2015 17:44
If anyone doesn't want to be nominated, I just wont include them on that part of the survey. Simple enough
roxcyn
roxcyn | 16-10-2015 04:26
Sounds a little fun, you can include me, CS.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 16-10-2015 04:30
None of them are exactly the same. Just similar. Fatty & chef are different but similar. There are just A LOT of categories & it would be nice to slim down some of the similar ones. It makes voting tedious rather than fun for me.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-10-2015 07:51
I'm pretty anxious for the end results mainly because of Celine.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 16-10-2015 12:24
So that's the 3rd time you've brought up Celine. Whats the deal.

If the forum was booming then I could see the need/desire for all these categories but with maybe 15 active posters, we don't need 27 categories.

I'm thinking of keeping:

Most Attractive Male Forumer
Most Attractive Female Forumer
Most Helpful/Nicest Forumer
Most Flirty Forumer
Most Perverted Forumer
Most Missed Forumer
Forumer You'd Most Want To Meet In Person
Best DJ
Best Hook-Up
Best New Forumer
Best Avatar
Forum Chef
The Fatty Award
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 16-10-2015 20:03
I'd vote in favor of keeping: Most Likely to Never Leave The Forum, Most Likely to Have the Best Dance Moves, The Ray Award
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: