Joeyy
Joeyy | 10-10-2015 16:55
"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is: never try."

But not really, of course.

*Introductory theme tune*

Rules of the quiz:
- One answer per person (per round)
- Always give the answer you think the fewest amount of people would know
- If two people give the same answer in a short space of time, the first person's answer will be accepted (but the second can answer again)
- When applicable, a player may pick the same subject as another contestant and provide a different answer if they believe the other to be incorrect
- If you play the first round, please check back in case you make it through to Round #2
- Resist cheating (i.e. looking up answers; asking others)

And of course, respect your fellow contestants and have fun!

Round #1 will be posted shortly and will remain open until Monday (or, when applicable, until each answer is taken) to give everyone a chance of replying.

* offtopic :
The records of previous winners and pointless answers can be found here.

-------------------------------------------

WINNER: fishmunky, aka Anthony
RUNNER-UP: CaptainStabbin, aka Joe
26 to 50 of 103 comments
page 2 of 5
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 12-10-2015 21:24
Wondering what "Raj" of TBBT would have gotten me.... I think that is NOT his real first name so I might have done worse choosing him (A big "X 100" for me!)
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-10-2015 21:34
I'll pass on both of those thanks.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 12-10-2015 21:52
* offtopic :
I'll pass on both of those thanks.

We had discussions about this situation before Joey (sorry to fill up Pointless! with this "offtopic" item---but the opportunity to ask Jeff has presented itself) ......so what are the rules in this situation?

I don't want to accidentally step on anyone else's toes---while playing a game or dancing!
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 12-10-2015 21:56
Awww... What about Judy? Ross and Monica's mom. Or Pete? (The millionaire turned mma fighter that Monica dated) don't think he was in enough episodes tho.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-10-2015 21:59
Practice, why don't you message me if you're that concerned about a game.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-10-2015 22:09
* offtopic :
I imagine he doesn't message you because you're rude and dismissive towards him. It's your turn in that game. He used this opportunity to politely remind you, which is fine. Either take your turn or don't play the game in the future if you're going to continue refusing to play when it's your go.

And Practice, if Jeff won't take his go/doesn't do so soon, anyone else can take it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-10-2015 22:11
Theeeyyy might've seen you though. There were no pointless answers for 'Friends', but 'Estelle' (Joey's agent) and 'Mike' (Phoebe's boyfriend, played by Paul Rudd) were the two best scores for the show, scoring 1 and 3 respectively.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 12-10-2015 22:49
whatttt.. I totally skipped Mike because Paul Rudd. Everyone knows Paul Rudd.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-10-2015 23:19
They should, but he's not that popular here. I think he must be on the up, though.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 12-10-2015 23:23
Good to know for any possibly Paul Rudd related questions.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-10-2015 23:28
Yeah, I think he might've been a pointless answer in a final once? Not sure.

I think also, because there were four shows - with the 100 people trying to think of characters from all of them - that probably contributed to the low score.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-10-2015 23:33
PRIYA was the only other pointless answer for The Big Bang Theory.

There were a few for cheers, though: AL, ALAN, ERNIE, and KELLY
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-10-2015 00:33
Wondering what "Raj" of TBBT would have gotten me.... I think that is NOT his real first name so I might have done worse choosing him (A big "X 100" for me!)
fishmunky
fishmunky | 13-10-2015 00:58
guess arrested development isnt all that popular in the UK. Big shame
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 13-10-2015 09:20
Raj (Rajesh) is more of a main character than Amy (or at least he's been in the show from the beginning, unlike her), so I'd expect him to score higher. If people could remember his name.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 13-10-2015 15:46
Ernie was pointless? GTFO
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-10-2015 17:42
Sorry about the wait. I went to bed earlier yesterday and now the computer's being ridiculously slow. I'm going to shut it down and go to the shops, and then hopefully it'll be better. :s
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 13-10-2015 17:44
Run a virus scan
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-10-2015 20:21
Yeah, I think I need to. I'm sure it hasn't been long since the last.

Anyway. Loaded the documents before internet tabs this time. Round #2 coming up soon.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-10-2015 20:36
ROUND #2

Sorry for the wait. We've not had this one already, have we? Your category for Round #2 is,

ANIMALS

One of my favourites. And the question concerns...

FAMOUS CATS

...Not one of my favourites. I'm going to give you twelve clues now to the names of fictional characters - all of which are cats. Can you name me the most obscure? Good luck!

DOWNING STREET'S 'CHIEF MOUSER TO THE CABINET OFFICER' APPOINTED 2011

LAZY TABBY CAT CREATED BY JIM DAVIS FOR A COMIC STRIP

ANIMATED CHARACTER, APPEARED IN OPENING CREDITS OF A 1963 FILM STARRING PETER SELLERS AND DAVID NIVEN

TIGER WHO ENDS UP IN A LIFEBOAT AFTER BEING SHIPWRECKED IN YANN MARTEL'S 2002 NOVEL 'LIFE OF PI'

CENTRAL CHARACTER OF DISNEY'S 'THE LION KING'

"SAGGY, OLD CLOTH CAT", TITLE CHARACTER OF A CHILDREN'S TV PROGRAMME FIRST BROADCAST IN 1974

TIGER WHO IS MOWGLI'S ENEMY IN RUDYARD KIPLING'S 'JUNGLE BOOK'

LEADER OF A GANG OF NEW YORK ALLEY CATS PURSUED BY OFFICER DIBBLE

FLIRTATIOUS RED CAT FROM THE MUSICAL 'CATS' WHO SHARES HER NAME WITH A BAND FRONTED BY TIMMY MALET

CAT VOICED BY ANTONIO BANDERAS IN THE 'SHREK' FILMS

HERMIONE GRANGER'S PET CAT IN THE 'HARRY POTTER' BOOKS

LION CUB BOUGHT FROM HARRODS IN 1969 WHOSE REUNION WITH HIS FORMER OWNERS BECAME AN INTERNET VIRAL HIT
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-10-2015 20:38
Sorry, Practice, I meant to answer both times. He's listed as Raj on IMDb, so Raj would've been fine, but he's one of the central characters.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 13-10-2015 20:44
LION CUB BOUGHT FROM HARRODS IN 1969 WHOSE REUNION WITH HIS FORMER OWNERS BECAME AN INTERNET VIRAL HIT - Christian
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 14-10-2015 08:11
HERMIONE GRANGER'S PET CAT IN THE 'HARRY POTTER' BOOKS - Crookshanks
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 14-10-2015 10:08
TIGER WHO IS MOWGLI'S ENEMY IN RUDYARD KIPLING'S 'JUNGLE BOOK' - Shere Khan
fishmunky
fishmunky | 14-10-2015 11:43
TIGER WHO ENDS UP IN A LIFEBOAT AFTER BEING SHIPWRECKED IN YANN MARTEL'S 2002 NOVEL 'LIFE OF PI': Richard Parker
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: