LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Wondering why so many deleted songs in the charts [Solved]

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-08-2015 20:55
Looking through the Singles charts to see which artists don't have profile pictures so I can add them, and there seems to be an unusual amount of songs (all showing no profile picture for the artist) that aren't linked, leading me to assume they've been deleted. But at least some of them are popular songs that definitely do exist. For example, the last song on Sweden's Singles Chart right now is Sia's Chandelier. That song is still on the site (as is evidenced by my link), soo...what's going on? Why isn't it linked in this chart and why does it show no artist profile picture for an artist that has one? (Same for the others.)
5 comments
Aisha
Aisha | 06-08-2015 08:46
Hi Joeyy, Not completely sure what you mean... Do you mean the square profile picture next to the artist/song entry on the chart lists? Or do you mean the large profile pictures on the lyrics pages?
I see pictures on both places.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 06-08-2015 16:38
I see what she is saying. When the song or album is just typed out and not linked, it's not been deleted, it actually is a new song that needs to be added to the archive. Anyone can add a new song, Joey of course knows this, but only Alinda or I can link them in the charts. I have been a bit lazy on this lately and that's why you are noticing them, Joey.

As for Sia, whenever a song or album that already exists re-enters the charts it must be re-linked. So that's why that one didn't show up either. Charts update every 24 hours, and I hadn't updated them in 3 days I think so that's why there were a lot. Oops.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-08-2015 16:41
Ohh, OK, no problem. Just checking there wasn't a problem in the system itself. Thanks for the explanation.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 07-08-2015 02:30
Joey, was it about Nirvana's MTV Unplugged In New York album? This is the correct name, because I had to delete a duplicate entry named Unplugged In New York. However, the duplicate album was listed in US album charts and the right one in Irish album charts. Or something.

Just noticed : the charts info has since been corrected.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 07-08-2015 03:11
No, it's OK now.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: