LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Can't delete duplicate song listings

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-08-2015 19:11
I'm new at moderating (Il Volo). Under "Content Check" it wants me to remove a couple of duplicate song listings but when I attempt to do this it says "song can't be removed". Not a big deal, I guess, but I want to do this right and I am very much a perfectionist!
14 comments
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-08-2015 19:24
Can you link me to the songs?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-08-2015 19:34
One of the Constantemente Mía songs is ranked in the system, so I deleted the one that wasn't. Which of the other two should I delete? Neither appear to have a ranking or copyright information at the bottom, so I'm not sure why you can't delete them.

Edited: I originally typed the wrong song title.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-08-2015 19:44
Either one, they're identical with identical vids. Yeah, when I click on either song, click on "Contribute", click on "Remove Song", it says "This is a popular song and therefore can't be removed."

Thanks for your help!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-08-2015 19:49
The album information appears to be different. One lists We Are Love: Special Edition [2013] and The Platinum Collection [2015] as the albums it's on, and the other lists We Are Love [2012] and Mas Que Amor [2013].
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-08-2015 19:50
Yeah, that happens sometimes. You're welcome.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02-08-2015 21:30
* offtopic :
I thought we weren't supposed to have threads about deleting songs.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-08-2015 21:31
Who said that, Scott? And where?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02-08-2015 21:42
* offtopic :
It's in the one thread that's closed. It says if you need a song deleted to message certain people which it was Olivia, you and some other people.

It's in the Moderator section of the forum:
Update
If you notice a song or album that you think should be removed from the site, please privately message only one of the following content editors: Joeyy, Olivia_Ka, or PinkFloyd. Please give a reason why you believe it should be removed. Most common reasons are either the song is a fake or it's a duplicate.

Link
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-08-2015 21:43
But closed threads are never bumped, and current and new threads take it off the first page/active topics, so new people don't see it to know to do that.

In future Donny can measure me or one of the other super artist mods, but it's fine for new people to create these threads; they can't know any better.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02-08-2015 21:48
* offtopic :
I was under the impression with that thread that we shouldn't open up another thread - it was closed and says if you need something deleted to message you guys for help.
DonnyW
DonnyW | 02-08-2015 21:49
As I said, I'm new at this. I can't possibly (and have no desire to) read every post to every thread on this site. I'm doing this because I love great music but if it turns out to not be fun, I won't bother. Thanks once again for your help Joanna!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02-08-2015 21:51
* offtopic :
Hi Donny! No, no problem. I think I might have misunderstood what we're supposed to do. I'm a newbie here, too. You can read a lot of the threads in the Moderator section, it is a big help if you have a question.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-08-2015 21:52
Scott, pages that are closed don't stay in the active topics, meaning they're out of sight, and new members don't always think to use the search bar to search past topics. We can't punish them for not thinking to do so. As a forum moderator, trust me when I say it's fine.

I'll close this one now and in the future Donny can message me if they have the same problem again.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: