LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

How do you prefer to take notes?

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
saina
saina | 10-07-2015 01:01
Just reminding you that I am asking about your preference. Answer away!

Thanks to Practice for the idea of this poll.
On paper5 (62.5 %)vote
Both3 (37.5 %)vote
On computer/smartphones0 (0.0 %)vote
total votes: 8
10 comments
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 10-07-2015 01:06
Both
But I'm more used to take notes on paper.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 10-07-2015 01:33
Both
Where's the option that says "I never take notes"?
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 10-07-2015 06:38
On paper
Paper for sure. I take a few notes from sermons mostly on my phone, but for everything else I use paper.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 10-07-2015 19:36
On paper
Always paper. And always drawing in the margins.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 10-07-2015 19:43
On paper
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-07-2015 08:39
On paper
Paper all the way.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 11-07-2015 23:02
On paper
We who have grown up bridging the gap between the paper age to the computer age, are much more familiar with paper note taking and well trained in its use. Also, I find it easier to write and move paper around and file it rather than make too many folders on the computer "desktop" and just misplace something in a wrong topic so its missing for good.

With paper filing (and using folders you can touch, write headings on etc.) you can just search to see if something is out of place---human eyes beat computer vision still (Its not "Terminator" time yet!)

Apple does have "colors" but colorful outside real folders always allow you to separate items by category----and keep everything bright and cheery while doing so!
saina
saina | 12-07-2015 17:28
Both
Or rather, whatever is in my hands or within reach.

Of course, for lectures I am pro-paperwork because then the notes often include diagrams, charts and there is no proper format and structure of writing. I scribble wherever I find space and make connections and links between different pieces of text. Sometimes, I use two languages too. But for other works/notes, I may use smartphones and computers. And audio notes are super-awesome. I love to hear my voice. Narcissist me. :p
roxcyn
roxcyn | 13-07-2015 02:19
I've done both, saina, but I prefer paper/pen because technology always wants to crash or run out of battery. With paper and pen there is no power,
saina
saina | 18-07-2015 10:52
Papers are still the first choice, no doubt. But I somehow manage to use both ways into my daily life. Synchronizing my notes automatically and auto-recovery have helped me through problems like dead- battery or hanging of the system.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: