LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Charts overviews still not updating correctly

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 10-06-2015 04:22
I know that I already told you about this problem, but I can't find it. Now I see why you want us to make seperate threads for everything.

Any way, it's the pictures on all pages, so the main overview page and all countries singles and albums. The longest I've seen it take to fully refresh has been 2 days. It used to refresh instantly.

And all the country charts update the lists fine/on time, except the overview page is at least 1 day behind.

Sorry if you're already working on it but I can't find where I posted to you about it.
15 comments
Joeyy
Joeyy | 10-06-2015 04:25
Yeah, I've had the same problem.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 10-06-2015 04:26
Joey, do you notice it on Popular and Climbers lists to? I haven't been paying close attention to those.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 10-06-2015 04:40
Never mind those lists don't display photos.
Ray
Ray | 16-06-2015 20:53
Pages are cached. When you add an artist picture, pages other than that of the artist itself are not refreshed until they expire. Pages are kept in cache at max a couple of days (as you already noticed).

Although this issue sounds like a small one, it kind of needs large redesign in the cache system. So it's perhaps interesting to first check if it is really needed. In other words, would the current situation work? You upload an artist picture and at max a couple of days later the picture will appear on pages other than that of the artist itself (like the charts).

Thoughts?
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-06-2015 22:58
What about the actual updates not appearing though? It sounds like you're saying it's too big of an issue/not worth it to fix. But the overview page is inaccurate if it doesn't update as it should. Flo + Machine still says it's #1 but that should have changed 2 days ago.

The other design didn't do this, so there must be some way?
Ray
Ray | 16-06-2015 23:01
It looks like we're talking about different things. I understood the pictures does not pop up on the charts (or other lists) when you add a picture to an artist that didn't have one.

I guess you're referring to something else?
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-06-2015 23:22
Sorry, after reading my first post it may not have been clear. It's not only the pictures that don't update it's also the songs and albums themselves that don't refresh on time. And take up to 3 days.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-06-2015 23:22
Just the overview page.
Ray
Ray | 16-06-2015 23:29
You mentioned this before, a while ago, right? I guess I only fixed the charts and not the overview page. Let me check.
Ray
Ray | 16-06-2015 23:35
Yup that was the case It should be fixed in the next charts update.

What is er more to discuss? We're on the same frequency again?
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 17-06-2015 01:05
Yes, end of this problem. Thank you. Back to the pictures. Which I am fine with the answer you gave. But would it make a difference if, instead of linking and then adding picture. If I add a picture to the artist and then link the songs/albums? Sorry, if this is confusing. I will just try it on tonights update and see what happens.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-06-2015 01:15
Linking what? Does this involve the artist profile pics? Let me know if you want me to do something.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 17-06-2015 02:15
I meant the system process of linking the correct songs/albums with the artist and then the chart page, sorry.
Ray
Ray | 17-06-2015 11:12
When you link a song or album in a chart you're forcing that chart page to refresh it's cache. So if you uploaded an artist picture before do you the linking, the picture will indeed be shown in the chart. Nice thinking
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 17-06-2015 14:52
Yep, I did just that, thanks Ray.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: