LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #180

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-05-2015 17:25
This one goes to Piggly Wiggly, which was my intended win, and Sinkhole de Mayo.

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
176 to 200 of 5,001 comments
page 8 of 201
Schatzi
Schatzi | 27-05-2015 00:47
Tonight was such an easy shift & it was greatly appreciated after Sunday night.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 27-05-2015 00:48
I prefer highway driving, hate start stop nonsense that happens driving on city streets,

Chuck Palahniuk wrote about the intestine thing in Haunted, gruesome stuff.

not that hard to be patient i find, omes pretty easy for the most part to me.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 27-05-2015 00:50
I enjoy flying down the highway at high speeds though, I travel at 85-95 unless I can't due to traffic.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 27-05-2015 00:52
I guess I should squeeze in that I don't have car insurance so driving calmly/safely is almost necessary.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 27-05-2015 01:05
We feel most alive when we are closest to death
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2015 01:16
Maybe not literally closest to death, just doing something that gets the adrenaline going. I don't think there are many accounts of sick people on their death beds reporting feeling really alive.

Also, I've read the accounts of elderly people who described allegedly knowing they were close to death before dying shortly afterwards. I seem to remember one article or book describing the 'getting near death' two week (?) process of an old person and feeling freaked out.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2015 01:18
Maybe they're in the 'On Death and Dying' book I bought for a Psych. module but stopped reading because it was depressing.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-05-2015 01:18
Couldn't agree more with that statement, Joe.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2015 01:18
Have you ever been "close to death", Jeff?
Schatzi
Schatzi | 27-05-2015 01:21
I seem to remember one article or book describing the 'getting near death' two week (?) process of an old person and feeling freaked out.

Things like that stress me out way too much.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 27-05-2015 01:29
relieve stress with heroin!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2015 01:29
It was horrifying. The different but similar descriptions; it seemed like it was something people really experience. I'd never heard about it before, but it sealed the deal on my not wanting to grow old.

Though I wonder how similar it is to what terminally ill people feel when they say they know they're close to dying and then do.

With how common cancer is, the older I get, the more I expect myself or someone I know to get it. It's terrifying to think about.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-05-2015 01:30
Have you ever been "close to death", Jeff?

Indeed. Although this was when I was five months old and I stopped breathing.

I used to feel close to death when I was having random panic attacks daily because my breathing was slow and then fast and I was having irregular heartbeats, as well as heart palpitations. Definitely wasn't the most pleasant of all things to have happen to me, but shit happens for a reason.

I still deal with my anxiety but I do believe I have it under control again. This school year has definitely been a brutal one.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2015 01:40
Yeah, feeling like you're going to die is a common occurrence with anxiety attacks because of your heart going faster, etc, but you're not. Though how cruel of the mind to believe the one thing that would make most people more anxious.

I have heart palpitations and shit from my illness too; sometimes I'm also like, "I'm dying", ha, but I've not dropped so far. :p
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 27-05-2015 01:41
Also, I've read the accounts of elderly people who described allegedly knowing they were close to death before dying shortly afterwards. I seem to remember one article or book describing the 'getting near death' two week (?) process of an old person and feeling freaked out.

We think my grandma "knew" it was coming going into the surgery she had that ultimately led to her death. She'd been through chemo/radiation and surgery for cancer, triple bypass, complications with diabetes with no issues but this relatively simple procedure (to remove an aneurysm) had her freaked out.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-05-2015 01:46
My old therapist finally got it through my head that I wasn't gonna drop dead right there. So that's a plus. Edit: Now when I get anxious and shaky, I feel like I'm gonna fall on the ground and have a seizure.

You would agree that anxiety "feels" and could be similar to a near death experience, yes?

I dislike heart palpitations so much.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 27-05-2015 01:47
Also, I almost drowned when I was a kid. One of the scariest feelings I've experienced, being so hopeless that you'll just accept that you can't help yourself. Thankfully (and obviously) someone was able to get to me.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-05-2015 01:49
Damn really? How old were you when that happened, Sarah? Was this in like a public pool?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2015 01:51
No. I know that anxiety can make people believe they're dying/going to die, but I don't think that belief in itself is the same as a near death experience. I think a person would have to have one (not as a baby) to be able to compare how they feel in both situations.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-05-2015 01:54
Solid reason then. :p
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2015 01:55
Well, I guess it depends on the type of experience. Like I said, I read about some sort of two week process of elderly people dying. Smells changing and...eurgh. Compared to that, I don't imagine it to be similar.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 27-05-2015 01:58
I've read something about how there's like two minutes or something where you relive your entire life & that stressed me out for a solid month & I try not to think about it.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2015 01:58
We think my grandma "knew" it was coming going into the surgery she had that ultimately led to her death. She'd been through chemo/radiation and surgery for cancer, triple bypass, complications with diabetes with no issues but this relatively simple procedure (to remove an aneurysm) had her freaked out.

I'd believe that, too, Sarah. The family friend who died on my birthday seemed to know, too. But she also just sort of gave up near the end; refusing to eat. I don't know if it was because she believed it would happen anyway and wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible or if she just thought, "Eff it, I've had enough".
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 27-05-2015 01:59
I was around 10ish, Jeff. I don't remember exactly. It was in Lake Ontario. We use to have a camp up north and we'd boat over to the beach to go swimming. Went out a little too far and got caught in the waves.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 27-05-2015 01:59
I've read something about how there's like two minutes or something where you relive your entire life & that stressed me out for a solid month & I try not to think about it.

Really? I thought it was meant to be a brief flash. I remember so little that mine would probably be much quicker. :/
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: