LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Randomness Is The Answer #180

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-05-2015 17:25
This one goes to Piggly Wiggly, which was my intended win, and Sinkhole de Mayo.

---------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
2,776 to 2,800 of 5,001 comments
page 112 of 201
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-07-2015 02:06
Whose Line Is It Anyways? Will forever be the best show ever.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 08-07-2015 02:23
Jeff - What SPF are you using? Are you reapplying it? Be glad you have AC, dude.

zjenn4 - Do you have any savings/emergency fund you can use for a used car?

CarlJ - wow, that sucks! I hate bug bites. I don't use Google anymore as it tracks you, and Yahoo doesn't. Plus, I get paid sometimes to use Yahoo Search.

Olivia_Ka - I didn't see the song in their albums when I looked. The only thing I found I posted here (which was the lyrics from another website).

JDolla - that sounds like a good meal! Wait, why would someone steal your kidney? Or was that a joke?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-07-2015 02:32
iOS new update is completely useless.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 08-07-2015 02:35
Kidneys go for a lot of money on the black market roxcyn,
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-07-2015 02:36
So do testicles - $35,000 for one.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 08-07-2015 02:39
Forget that, CS, I'm not giving one up.

Why don't you like the iOS update, Jeff?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-07-2015 02:45
Tonight's gonna be an AC night. Just about 80* in this house. I'd rather have this weather than the snow that's coming in 16 weeks.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 08-07-2015 03:08
Why do you keep mentioning snow?

The weather here continues to be terrible, but at least it isn't cold indoors.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-07-2015 03:10
Because I'm not ready for it.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 08-07-2015 03:30
zjenn4 - Do you have any savings/emergency fund you can use for a used car?

oh my dear, if I had one, I would have used it for such instead of posting my thoughts/frustrations/complaints about it. But alas, I don't quite make enough monies to have built up enough savings for a car, even a used one.

That reminds me, the Honda service guy jokingly said to me (when I told him I was decling having my a/c repaired by them because their quote was way too expensive) that I should ask my daddy for money. I simply just told him that that was not a possibility. But still, that is such a weird thing to say to someone, and a bit rude. I am fairly certain he would not have made the same comment to a male customer. lol, uhm hello, I am an independent adult, I can take care of and have been taking care of myself for quite some time now, and without daddy's help I might add. Yes, there have been times where as my father and fellow family member he's offered assistance, but not because I am his damsel daughter in distress.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 08-07-2015 03:38
Yeah he definitely wouldn't have said that if you were a guy. The whole sexism thing mechanics have is pretty shitty.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 08-07-2015 03:45
Oh well. It caught me off guard and made me feel awkward after, but I know his intent wasn't malicious. But that's not very professional. Should he say that to the wrong woman, she may not be as forgiving about it.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 08-07-2015 04:00
Baby sloth bath time! I love sloths!

Schatzi
Schatzi | 08-07-2015 04:08
That reminds me, the Honda service guy jokingly said to me (when I told him I was decling having my a/c repaired by them because their quote was way too expensive) that I should ask my daddy for money.

Definitely because you were a girl. But also possibly because you look young? Because I've had people say weird things to me before regarding asking my parents & I have that moment of "uhm, well I'm almost 30..." Like i know I'm immature but I can buy cough medicine on my own.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 08-07-2015 04:10
"uhm, well I'm almost 30..." Like i know I'm immature but I can buy cough medicine on my own.

Haha! I like. Totally got me to giggle, but only because I know what you mean.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 08-07-2015 04:25
People also have weird boundaries that I wouldn't cross with guests but you know whatever I guess?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 08-07-2015 04:30
Zjenn4 - maybe you can save very little, like $5-$25 per month. After a while it will add up to a lot.

That was rude of the mechanic though.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 08-07-2015 04:54
Zjenn4 - maybe you can save very little, like $5-$25 per month. After a while it will add up to a lot.

love, I didn't mean that I have no savings (at all), I meant I didn't have enough in it to be able to afford a vehicle. I know you mean well (so thank you), but I've got the situation under control. On a different note, if you'd like, you are more than welcome to refer to me as Jen (all the cool kids do!).
Joeyy
Joeyy | 08-07-2015 05:06
I'm a cool kid! Score.

Schatzi
Schatzi | 08-07-2015 05:21
I always kind of find it odd when people ask if we have desserts at the restaurant. I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that didn't have dessert.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-07-2015 08:39
Sloths are creepy, where's the blob fish?
JDolla
JDolla | 08-07-2015 10:39
Damnit Jen, listen to the man. If you save $25 a month after a year you'll have... $300. Which is almost half of what you need to fix you car, or the kind of down payment on a new one that most salesmen refer to as "Get the fuck off our lot."
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 08-07-2015 13:50
The cost of college education is ridiculously high. I paid over 65K for a Bachelors degree and the monthly payments are insane. Something needs to change.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 08-07-2015 15:08
I was the first in my family to go to college and didn't take a cent from my parents. I basically had no guidance on anything and just kinda winged it. Had I had more guidance or been more knowledgable at the time, I'd be less in debt. My monthly payments are absurd. I want to get my Masters but taking on 50K more in debt and possibly only making like 10K more/year doesn't sound worth it. Colleges are making a fortune this decade
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 08-07-2015 15:39
I'm the first to go to college in my family also and pretty much did the same on the loans. I wish I had somebody steering me in the right direction with quality of loans. All I heard was, you sign this and you can go to school, so I just signed away.I also want to go back for my masters but it just doesn't seem worth the cost to me. Don't get me wrong, the knowledge is worth it but to put myself in further debt for an additional x amount of years just isn't worth it when the costs are so friggin high. It'd be another 30k for me to go back for my masters. After changing my living situation I'm able to devote a large portion of my financial resources to loan payment and I've been able to pay off 12K in the last 4 months, but even then the sheer size of the debt is staggering; all of this at the cost of moving into my dads house. Never mind the interest levels being what they are. I paid off 2 loans that had 10% interest and I can finally breathe easier.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: