LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Top bar doesn't work in IE

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
Jess_Keko
Jess_Keko | 20-05-2015 07:08
Hey there... I use Internet Explorer and noticed the top bar i.e. About, Lyrics, Forum etc doesn't do anything when you click them. I ended up downloading Chrome and it works fine there... Not sure if it's a glitch or something down my end

Thanks
22 comments
Ray
Ray | 20-05-2015 14:59
Chrome is always your friend. But of course it should work for Internet Explorer as well. It sounds like an issue on LSI side, so you have my attention

I'm logging your device/browser details when you make a comment, so can you make your next comment in here with Internet Explorer?

Can you also mention if there are other difficulties besides the topbar issue when using Internet Explorer?
Schatzi
Schatzi | 21-05-2015 01:13
The topbar doesn't work for everyone on chrome though either =(
Ray
Ray | 21-05-2015 01:15
everyone?
Schatzi
Schatzi | 21-05-2015 01:16
It works for some people but it doesn't work for me on chrome.
Ray
Ray | 21-05-2015 01:30
I see we have the same OS and browser, Chrome on Windows 8.1. Ofcourse this config is tested to the max, so I have no clue what goes wrong on your site. In a thread with a similar issue I ask to post the log of Chrome. Any chance you can pull that up and drop that in here?

1) right mouse click on the page and select "inspect element" in the menu that opened, this will open the Developer Tools window
2) in this Developer Tools window, click in the tab "Console"
3) Keep this window open, go back + refresh the LSI page
4) The "Console" tab now contains a log of the problems
5) Copy paste in here

Schatzi
Schatzi | 21-05-2015 01:44
I posted it in there a few days ago as well =)
Schatzi
Schatzi | 21-05-2015 01:45
I'll never remember the enter thing but here it is this time
Denying load of chrome-extension://chhjbpecpncaggjpdakmflnfcopglcmi/js/libs/underscore-min.map. Resources must be listed in the web_accessible_resources manifest key in order to be loaded by pages outside the extension.
1:32 Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js".(anonymous function) @ 1:32(anonymous function) @ 1:32
1:35 Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://b.scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js".(anonymous function) @ 1:35(anonymous function) @ 1:35
slider.js:619 [MAIN] Connecting http://forum.letssingit.com/topic/565014/top-bar-doesnt-work-in-ie/1
slider.js:619 [MAIN] requesting to load modules
Ray
Ray | 21-05-2015 01:47
Excellent! Let's see if that contains some valuable info.
Ray
Ray | 21-05-2015 01:50
I missed that other post of you with the log
Schatzi
Schatzi | 21-05-2015 02:07
It's okay, I know that you have a handful of issues that you're trying to sort out with the new site =)
Ray
Ray | 21-05-2015 02:11
Indeed, issues happy hour, but I'm fixing them one by one

I checked your log and it is not saying much about error on LSI side. A point of intrerest is the error:

Denying load of chrome-extension://chhjbpecpncaggjpdakmflnfcopglcmi/js/libs/underscore-min.map. Resources must be listed in the web_accessible_resources manifest key in order to be loaded by pages outside the extension.

This is an error produced by your browser, I read it's a bug in one of the additional options in Chrome. I'm not sure, but perhaps this causes problems with webpages you're trying to view in your browser, especially those built in html5, like the new LSI design. Any more sites not working for you? I read that :

Unchecking "Enable source maps" in DevTools stops the error.

which can be done by:

1) press Ctrl + Shift + I
2) click the gear icon in right hand side to open the Settings
3) un-check the Enable source maps

source 1
source 2

It's worth a try. If it does nothing, you can simply enable the option again.

OK, let me know
Schatzi
Schatzi | 21-05-2015 02:24
I disabled any extensions & source maps are no longer enabled & it no longer shows any errors in the console tab but the menus still aren't working for me.
Ray
Ray | 21-05-2015 02:30
Dang

Can you please do one more thing? That are the same 5 steps as described above, but now with an extra step, between step 3 and 4, which is to do some clicking with your mouse on the menu. That would trigger any errors on LSI side which are dropped in your log.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 21-05-2015 02:44
Still nothing.
Ray
Ray | 21-05-2015 02:50
rooarrr

just to be sure..... I read you said "The topbar doesn't work". You mean it is not expanding, you are not seeing and submenus, correct? You do not mean the tabs About - Lyrics - etc, are not clickable, because that's correct, you can't click on them.

... just to be more sure than sure we're on the same page
Schatzi
Schatzi | 21-05-2015 02:53
We are. I can't see the submenus when I use chrome. But it worked for me when I tried on firefox & ie.
Ray
Ray | 21-05-2015 03:03
I thank you for your help, very much appreciated. Unfortunately it didn't lead to a fix of the problem for now. Some gliches are hard to crack.
Jess_Keko
Jess_Keko | 21-05-2015 08:08
here's a comment from my internet explorer so you can track me down and do whatever you doing with it
Ray
Ray | 25-06-2015 23:35
I think I solved the issue with the menu not opening in some browsers. So if anybody has this problem with any of your browsers, please give it a check.

Heather (Schatzi), thanks for the assistance on this one.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 26-06-2015 02:39
I have Windows Vista. I checked with Chrome (version 43) and the top bar worked for me.

I tried with IE version 9.0 and the top bar didn't work.

Usually I use Firefox and it works on there. I hardly ever use IE, though.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 27-06-2015 07:58
I don't really think I was much help at all but you're welcome all the same =)
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01-07-2015 00:23
I forgot I didn't check it on Opera (version 30). The top bar works. So, I think it might be problem with IE.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: