LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Tags and style buttons broken [solved]

Follow 2
Add topic
Search
Joeyy
Joeyy | 20-05-2015 00:33
A mad cow attacked me because I didn't put this in the Support section. Soo just to say I spotted this

...but I've let Ray know already
14 comments
Ray
Ray | 20-05-2015 01:00
I updated the pop-out that fires from the "style"-button. Problem fixed on this pop-out?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 20-05-2015 01:04
Style fixed, tags not. But noooo, you've taken away the blue.
Ray
Ray | 20-05-2015 01:19
The color should be orange, blue is to submit forms Ok, going to flip that other button as well.

Now let's find out where that cow went...
roxcyn
roxcyn | 07-08-2017 03:25
Update: tags are broken. Joey and Practice were talking about it in randomness thread.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 12-08-2017 03:31
Update on the update: I just checked it now. Style and Tag buttons work instantly.

But earlier today they both were still broken as I tried several times to do a post in Song Alphabet Game #2 and failed and finally had to "write in" the [ url= ] and [ /url ] tags by hand.

So it breaks erratically.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 12-08-2017 04:00
Practice : do you use the "song" and "artist" tags? I use both for this thread.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 12-08-2017 04:15
Thank you for being concerned and asking Celine!
I always prefer the URL...then no matter what happens or what changes occur to the LSI site, the URL's outside should remain constant. I think for future people reading the site!
Ray
Ray | 12-08-2017 11:54
problem solved
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 15-08-2017 02:29
Just happened again with my latest posting in Randomness # 187 page 57. I needed to make a quote style tag and bold style tag.

Maybe I quoted too much text? But I did one earlier with about same text and everything worked. Good thing I've saved everything I write again to a NotePad, so I can retrieve it when the Tag/Style button causes it to freeze and lose what I've written in draft mode here.
Ray
Ray | 15-08-2017 09:40
No problems on my side

Do you have a step by step walk through that leads to this freeze?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 15-08-2017 19:28
step by step walk through that leads to this freeze?

Here it is as best I can remember for this particular one.
It varies slightly depending upon what is needed to be done.

1. Just like I did above with your sentence... I copy and paste what I want to have later enclosed by quote or bold tags.

2. I continue to write in this bottom window on the page in case I need more quotes from the page (remember I can't go back once I go to the popout without saving it to a word file, or posting my partially written draft).

3. When I'm satisfied with the basic words I've written, I now need to add in quote and other style tags, or even URL tags for the games we are playing here that require linking.

4. I press the button "pop out" to gain access to the Style and Tag buttons.

5. I get the center rotating dial saying its "working" and that continues on and on and on. I once let it ran for over 35 minutes just to see how long it would run....yes, it would have continued forever I think!

6. The only way to stop the frozen page is by pressing F5 refresh (or menu refresh). Of course that erases everything that I've written and all my thoughts are vanished and I end up on the Randomness etc. page where I began to write the message.

Both style and tag buttons were immediately accessible and worked even though I wrote this much before going to the popout window .....purposely waited until I finished writing before going in case that transferring from the page window to the popout editing window with a large amount of text was the problem. It is not this time around.
-----

If you want me to try other browsers I can do that but even if it works in Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc... why is it erratically working and not working in my one browser Pale Moon, that I use most often? Sorry to hijack the old thread after you wrote [solved] on it but since its the same problem, no need to make a whole new thread, am I correct?

Good luck Ray!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 15-08-2017 20:13
It works for me on mobile Chrome, Practice.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 15-08-2017 20:55
As I mentioned its "erratic" So I'd have to convert my entire web browsing experience over to Google Chrome, Opera, etc and continue to use it for a few days to get the one, two or three times that this annoying event occurs..... Each of the other browsers have a small "problem" (mostly in remembering past sessions and opening them). None of their Knowledge base or browser community forums that I've written to already back in 2014, 2015, etc... can help me with it. I continue to "check" each of them and all are up to date with their versions. In the end you know there really is no help for "free" web items to solve minor problems that are unique. (Memory inflation is a problem that occurs with all three other browsers causing me to have to close every window and re-open the sessions tab by tab, window by window.....really more annoying than the almost zero problems I get with Pale Moon (as its optimized for x64 business computer users). 8 GB Ram on this computer and maximum GB on all others I use occasionally, so its one of those difficult to solve problems. So maybe again it just me Scott and I'll just have to live with it as PMB is superior to the others right now.

I just recalled that changing to Pale Moon Browser was a solution one of the community members suggested since my x64 was not working properly with their Browser.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: