LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 6
Add topic
Search
Ray
Ray | 13-05-2015 19:23
Found a spelling error or any other contextual error on LetsSingIt? Let me know in here!

Only spelling errors that are related with the LetsSingIt website go in here, to correct spelling errors in content like lyrics, song titles, etc, please use the regular correct forms.
201 to 225 of 315 comments
page 9 of 13
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-07-2016 23:03
On the profile options page, there's multiple tabs across the top that link to various sections. The one for VIP status is written as "vip status". VIP should be capitalized.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 23-07-2016 02:57
I thought Ray did that because many of the sections aren't capitalized.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 23-07-2016 03:02
Yes, many things on the site aren't capitalized, likely because that's the aesthetic Ray wants. But, in the case of acronyms or proper nouns, they should definitely be capitalized where applicable. After all, when you click on that tab, the page itself says VIP Status (with a capital VIP).

A good example is when Ray capitalized the months in your profile settings when setting your birthday (they used to be all lowercase, "january", "february", etc.) Months are always capitalized, regardless of the setting, so that warranted a change.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 07-08-2016 07:34
When you click "pop out" and then "smileys":

"Please don't overwhelm your text with smileys."

Maybe "flood" would be better than "overwhelm"? Also, I thought there was an unwritten rule that it was 3 smileys per post?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-08-2016 14:18
I couldn't find anything in the written rules about a limit to how many smileys per post, but the Rules & Penalties help page does use the word "flood", and that would definitely fit better here as well.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-08-2016 18:16
I should have posted this 10 hrs ago, but my excuse is I was working on the two new topics I posted early this morning.

Maybe we all remember and saw the instructions for "Randomness" which was created by a member "Stanley" and has nothing to do with what Ray authorizes unless Ray originally told Stanley to add the phrase in....I bolded it so you can locate it quickly in the quote below:

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-08-2016 19:45
Yes, that seems to be a rule of the Randomness threads only. I don't believe it's actually stated anywhere else on the site. It may just be more of a "use your best judgment" case in threads other than Randomness, but even still it's rare to use more than three smileys in a post anyway (unless it's a longer post with more emotions to be conveyed)
roxcyn
roxcyn | 07-08-2016 19:57
Also, it says "text" - the one I quoted from in my earlier post, shouldn't it say "post" instead?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-08-2016 23:10
Well, the pop-out comment form isn't just used on the forum - it's also used on member's profiles when leaving a comment and also on song pages when leaving a comment. So "text" could encompass both comments and posts.

We'll see what Ray does on that one. It may be the way he wants it, though.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-08-2016 18:35
On the new Leaderboards page for contributions:

Find here the members who contributed the most to LetsSingIt! Are you not listed yet? Contribute to earn points and climb your way up to leaderboards! Submit lyrics, correct lyrics, comment on songs, comment on forum topics, vote on songs, etc.

The "here" in the first sentence should be moved to the very end ("Find the members who contributed the most to LetsSingIt here!"). Secondly, "up to leaderboards" should be "up the leaderboards".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-10-2016 17:14
Just got this notification when I logged on the site, which has quite a few errors:

We use cookies to customise content and advertising to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to our site. We also shares information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. read more.

"Shares" should be "share", and "read more." should be capitalized. Also, the first sentence is a bit hard to make sense of and could use some commas ("customize content and advertising, to provide social media features, and to analyze traffic...")

Finally, I'm not sure if "customise" and "analyse" are native spellings, but I normally see those spelled with a "z" instead of an "s" ("customize" and "analyze", respectively). So I'm not sure if those should be changed. "Customise" is giving me the red squiggly line under it indicating it's not a word, whereas "analyse" isn't. If those are alternate spellings then they can be left alone.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-10-2016 18:09
I was going to type that if you didn't do it Nicolas. Great work!

Is there anything spelling-wise with the longer information about "Privacy Policy" and "Cookies" that appears when you check accept? Or has this already been corrected as its been on the site for a while now.

And Ray..... very cute cookie photo.... only problem is...... I'm hungry for cookies now!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-10-2016 19:30
Thanks! Yeah, I did find a few minor ones in the Privacy Policy info when you click the Read more link, but overall Ray did a great job writing it and avoided a lot of errors Here's the ones I did find, though:

Under 2. Analytics cookies:

This collected information is combined with data from thousands of other users to create an overall picture of website use, This information is never identified individually or personally and is not linked to any other information we store about you.

The comma should be a period before "This information".
---
Under Controlling cookies with your browser:

Your browser has also an option to clear your browsing data...

Should be "also has".
---
Towards the end:

More about how Google uses data on our site, can be found here

Doesn't need a comma.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-10-2016 00:55
This doesn't seem to be on the site itself, but I notice it says this when an LSI artist page comes up in Google search results:

Click here to find the full and acurate album lyrics with videos and sing along!

Should be "accurate". Also, what exactly is "sing along" here? It doesn't really make sense if it's referring to singing along to the lyrics.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-10-2016 03:45
The one was British English, but I think he was wanting American English (customize vs customise). Uhm, and sing along (like in karoke) or sing along to the song. Reminds of one of Per Gessle's solo songs where they say "sing along".
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-10-2016 03:59
Well yes, I know sing-along means karaoke, but LSI doesn't actually provide karaoke versions of songs. Why should we advertise something we don't provide? It's self-explanatory that lyrics help you sing along to the song, and it just doesn't make sense to say this in the search result IMO.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-10-2016 04:01
You can sing karaoke to songs that aren't. However, I know a forumer recently asked for karaoke songs in the videos.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-10-2016 04:08
Yes, that's what I mean. We don't want to give the false impression that we provide karaoke versions of songs. Even aside from that, it sounds redundant and awkward to say the lyrics have "sing along". It's not grammatically correct nor does it sound right.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-11-2016 00:58
When you click on the "view all" link next to "Referring urls" on a song or album page, one of the headers says " Site/Searchengine". "Search engine" should be two words.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-12-2016 16:30
This one is particularly weird. When you go to the "link to songs" button on an album and select the magnifying glass for a song, if the search gives you no results, an "S" will be added to the end of the artist name. Here's what I mean. I've been seeing this for a month or so now, but again, it only happens if no results appear.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-12-2016 01:49
I noticed that, too
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 17-02-2017 16:33
On the "Tell a friend" button in the About tab, in the placeholder text for the e-mail:

I am writing to tell you about a web site I just visited. The name of this is LetsSingIt and the address is https://www.letssingit.com. This site has many lyrics.

Should be "The name of this site is LetsSingIt."

The name of the e-mail that sends could use some work too. Instead of "A website tip from your friend [friend name]", it could instead say something like "A website recommendation from your friend [friend name]". After all, you're not giving them a "tip", you're giving them a recommendation.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 18-02-2017 02:01
It could say "The website's called...", "The website's name is..." or the one you mentioned.

The subject could say "A lyrical website/site recommendation from.."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-02-2017 05:43
Those are just as valid, yup. Though I'm not sure if "A lyrical website recommendation" would be a good subject. Probably just "A lyrics/lyric site recommendation" - to me that sounds more apt and less clunky.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 16-03-2017 01:45
In the profile settings, it says 12 hours or 24 hours clock for the website. When I researched it, the common phrase is singular - 12 hour or 24 hour clock.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: